4-Year Home AV Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Digital to Analog Audio Converter with USB and Headphone Amplifier by HDTVHOOKUP
|Price:||$37.00 + $4.75 shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Digital to Analog Audio Converter with USB and Headphone Amplifier
- Deliver High Definition Audio from your CD, DVD, Blu-Ray, Computer, Video game console to your Stereo Receiver Amplifier or Headphones.
- Automatically Converts Toslink optical, Coaxial SPDIF Digital Audio or USB audio to Analog Stereo Audio (Red and White) Jacks or 3.5mm Headphone Jack.
- Easily Convert audio to L/R analog audio or 3.5mm Stereo Headphones Jack-- without additional costly equipment!
- Please note this will NOT convert Dolby.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please be advised that if you are purchasing from someone other than Unique Products Online as the seller then you are buying a copy...... Supports either Bitstream or LPCM Please note this will NOT convert Dolby. Our Digital to Analog Decoder takes audio encoded Digital Signal from your multichannel S/PDIF or TOSLINK digital audio source and converts it to L/R (Red and White Jack) analog audio -- without the need for any other external equipment! Features: - Converts S/PDIF or TOSLINK digital audio to L/R analog audio or 3.5mm Jack for Headphones - Digital interpolation filter and digital to analog converter (DAC) - Supports up to 6 channels (up to 5.1 Surround) of audio encoded digital audio - Frequency response : 44.1 – 192KHz Sample rate 24-bit incoming bit stream on left and right channels - Allows listening to digital audio sources on legacy analog sound systems - Compact and easy to install PLEASE READ ------ Questions and Answers Q. Will this device convert Dolby Digital? A. No it will not convert Dolby Digital but on a lot of products you can change the settings. Let me explain. The most common problem we have seen is a change in setting on your device your trying to decode. As advertised this device converts LPCM is Linear Pulse Code Modulation, which is a method of encoding audio information digitally. Sometimes we have seen that customer have their systems set to Dolby Digital. THIS SETTING MUST BE CHANGED on the device your trying to convert. PLEASE CHECK THIS BEFORE YOU ORDER. Most of DVD players and other devices support LPCM or other setting. You need to get into the menu of the device and adjust Dolby Digital to LPCM or other by using Remote control in most cases. Please check this before you order.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. The volume control works opposite from most such controls - turn it clockwise to increase the volume, and vice versa. It's been like that since my first purchase and I'm a little unhappy that they haven't made this basic fix.
2. The unit's volume output sometimes is not sufficient on such things as low voice dialogue. My fix was to purchase here a thick headphone extension cord here for about $13 for 25', no need for the expensive thick cords. The volume even at max was sometimes a problem with inexpensive headphones such as the Koss you can buy at places like Wal-Mart for $15 or so, which I like because they're open and thus more comfortable on the head, plus they fit my 7 7/8" hat size comfortably. The fix for this occasional problem was to purchase the $27 or so Sennheiser
wired earphones available here, which are also pretty comfortable but after a while can make my ears smart a bit - I also wear glasses.
I've tried the cheaper miniature size units, and to me they're just a waste of money and don't do the job this unit does.
As I was going to return this product, the seller asked if I'd like to receive a replacement to try out to see if I got a defective product or not. If it was acceptable I could keep it and discard the older one or send both back for a refund. Free of charge so I figured, why not?
As I was testing the replacement's amplifier/headphone jack, the sound was slightly higher and better, however I was still getting an increasing buzzing noise around the 80% mark, getting louder as I turned the amplifier volume up to maximum. A 5% increase from the last converter but still ultimately similar from before. Perhaps the buzzing is always there, I just can't hear it till 75-80% as the volume is too low. I tested this with 3 different headphones from different manufacturers as well as 2 different extension cords I was using, and got the same result every time. I also made sure my tv audio setting was on PMC (anything else gave a noise that could only be described as blaringly horrible) as well as a couple other settings that ultimately didn't change a thing and still got the same result.
As this was the case for both converters I believe this is an issue with either the compatibility with my new 4k Samsung TV or the quality of the integrated amplifier. Lets just say its compatibility as the majority of other reviews don't seem to have a problem. I was able to find an acceptable median where the buzzing was drowned out by the sound/noise effects of what was going on and was unnoticeable; however it was still annoying to listen to during those moments of little to no sound.
What was significantly better from the last converter was the rca inline audio outputs. I just happened to have an rca to 3.5mm adapter that I got from testing another device, hooked that up and it worked great through my 3.5mm headphones. Sound quality is fantastic, no buzzing, and the default volume is good, perhaps even slightly too loud during some sequences such as tense movie moments or videogames with lots of effects going off everywhere. The only problem with this is that I had to give up the amplifier and any sort of volume control which kinda defeats the purpose of buying a converter with a built in amplifier/headphone jack. Its something that can be remedied fairly cheaply through earphones or extension cords with volume control integrated into the cord, but its still something I have to pay extra for that should have already been accomplished with the amplifier-side of the converter, which is frustrating.
Though I'm not completely satisfied with this product, sound quality wise (disregarding the amplifier buzzing/compatibility) it is top notch and is better than anything else I have tried thus far. I have decided to do the volume workaround and keep this replacement. I have updated the rating from 2/5 to 3/5.
The customer service provided though was fantastic. Was responded to pretty fast (normally within an hour) and the replacement was sent and arrived in a timely manner.
Was expecting great things based on all the positive reviews but this product didn't deliver as I was expecting.
I got this to convert my cheap but effective set-up of an 8-foot 3.5mm extension cable connected to standard 3.5mm earphones/buds (like you'd typically use in an ipod/mp3 player) so I can listen to my new 4k samsung tv at night without disturbing others that may be sleeping. While the product technically works and is better than nothing, the volume is far to low for my tastes and whenever I tried to turn the volume up so I could actually hear my tv, anything past the 75% mark I got a buzzing sound in the background. Checked that all my settings on my tv so they were at their recommended settings for this product, tried testing different cables/headphones, and confirmed everything was plugged in correctly and snugly, yet the volume was still low and there was still buzzing past 75%.
Overall was pretty disappointed; will be returning this.
Unlike the old headphone jack, plugging this unit into your TV will not automatically shut off the sound to the TV. The TV sound controls will not have any effect on the sound level this unit provides. So, you will need to turn the sounds down on the TV first. The unit has its own volume control, which can be a little inconvenient. You will need to get up and turn the know yourself.
All in all a great product that solved my problem for a decent price.