Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Digital Concepts 52mm +1 +2 +4 +10 Close-Up Macro Filter Set with Pouch For Specific Nikon Lenses (Models Specified In Description)
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

on August 25, 2011
A while back I had ordered a set of the Digital Concept macro lens filters and really liked them, so decided to purchase another set.

I did not receive what I ordered. Instead of the stated Digital Concepts I received a different brand - Zeikos 52mm 4 piece high definition Close-Up filter set (+1, +2, +4 and +10 Diopters) Magnification Kit - Metal Rim, includes deluxe case

Though I was annoyed, and debated about returning the filters, I decided to give the Zeikos a try. They are as good as the other brand, and just as much fun to play with.

The biggest downside is the carrying case. Because of the way it's designed (tri-fold style), it does take up less space, but it's also bad for the filters. If the case is opened too quickly the filters fall out. The slots they're kept in are simply loose pockets. The Digital Concepts case is laid out much differently. It's a wallet style fold with tight netting to keep the filters in place until they are removed by hand.

If you end up with the Zeikos you might want to make yourself a new case unless you want broken filters.

Good product overall. Will never replace a macro lens, but fun to play with until you can afford the real deal.
on May 24, 2012
I purchased these to try out after seeing someone on facebook talk about using macro filters. For the price, they do exactly what they are supposed to do. These are the poor man macro alternatives. I used the 10x macro filter with my AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G lens without any problems. I did discover that I can't autofocus when using the 10x filter. The photographs turned out good. These filters will hold me over until I save up enough money for the Nikon D4. I definitely recommend anyone who wants to experiment in macro photography to check these filters out. I will post an example of the photograph that I've taken.
review image
on December 16, 2010
I got my filter set today - 5 DAYS before the actual arrival date! It came complete and in excellent condition (bag and the 4 macro filters). I tried it initially on my 18-55 lens, and I had a slight panic attack, coz it was way out of focus, and wouldn't focus. Silly me, I should've known to read the insructions that came with - camera should be set at manual mode. That taken care of, I try it again, on my kit lens, the 50mm 1.8, then the 55-200, and I am very impressed. You can get close, REALLY close to your subject, especially once you start combining all the filters together. I'm glad I purchased these. For anyone who's on a very tight budget, this is the way to go. Highly recommended!
on May 14, 2009
I was a little hesitant at first, but went ahead and bought this product. I'm glad I did, it even came with a nylon carry case that all the lenses fit in. The only downside, you have to use the adapter, at least for my Nikon D40, I have left the adapter on my 18-55 lens with no problems so far. It works as advertised, in fact I have 'stacked' all the lenses and have taken several pictures with very good results.

I would recommend this product for a cheaper way of getting a macro lens.
on December 6, 2012
If these cost $25, they'd be worth 4 stars. Just buy these if you want to play around with macro lenses. They're not the greatest, but they can show you how cool macro photography can be. Totally worth the purchase price for a hobbyist.

No instructions, to speak of, so you basically can get a guide online, or do what i did and just start randomly attaching them to your lenses.

Took a picture of a ghost shrimp in a 10 gallon tank and took away that they worked.

There you have it!
on January 4, 2013
It works Great on my Nikon D3100. It works as expected and it is easy to attach and take off. It is a great peice for anyone who loves macro. The case keeps everything clean and safe. The shipping was fast too! :)
on January 22, 2013
Package was delivered way before the scheduled delivery date & comes in a package which is easy to open. I tested initially on my 18-55 lens and then on 55-200. By using combination of filters, I am able to take come seriously close CLOSEUPS. This is a very good deal for a person who has just started exploring their DSLR and / or new to photography. I will definitely recommend this set of macro filters to every one who don't want to shell out on high end lenses.
on April 19, 2014
If you cannot afford to buy expensive macro photography lenses, then you should consider buying this macro filter set. It's got 4 rings of different depth. You can attached them all together or use them separately. I am super pleased with these filters and, seriously, it's a very cheap way to do macro photography.
on April 19, 2013
I ordered this for my Nikon D3200 in hopes of playing with macro photography. Shipping was very quick and easy, and the item arrived a day before it was due. I received mine to discover it was a Vivitar set (Vivitar was labeled on the filters and pouch). I've been playing around with them and have no complaints, the glass is good quality and takes good quality macro photos. The pouch works well and I will likely use it to store other filters, as well. You can screw the filters on each other, stacking them, to increase the macro ability as needed.

I do not regret my purchase and quite like my Vivitar filters, but I do want to make it aware that I did NOT receive what I was expecting, an entirely different brand.
on February 10, 2012
i had so much fun using these before i took the plunge and bought a macro lens. these have a much smaller Depth of Focus than a macro lens allows. But it was really good practice for get up close to the subject for shooting. sometimes I prefer the aesthetic result of using close-up filters to the macro lens, the only drawback it is time consuming to change the filters (and make sure they stay dust free) to get just the right magnification. I keep them on me with my camera gear at all times because sometimes i want to use my 52mm lens or 67mm lens and then throw on the +2 or +1 for a shot or two.