- COUNTING RESOLUTION AND RANGE: 1 Count Per Second (CPS) - 3500 Counts Per Second (CPS). Counts Per Minute (CPM) Mode for checking background radiation.
- RADIATION RESOLUTION AND RANGE: 0.001 mR/hr resolution / 350 mR/hr Range (Imperial measurements); 0.01 uSv/hr resolution - 3.5 mSv/hr range (Metric)
- DETECTOR SENSITIVITY: Detects beta particles above 50 Kev. X-Ray radiation above 7 KeV; Gamma radiation above 7 KeV
- NIST TRACEABLE CALIBRATION - Factory calibrated using an NIST traceable radiation source to insure an accurate measurement.
- NRC CERTIFICATION READY - NRC certification can only be given by U.S. Government licensed laboratory. The NRC certificate certifies that the radiation reading from the Geiger counter is accurate.
GCA-03 Digital Geiger Counter Nuclear Radiation Detection Monitor with Digital Meter - NRC Certification Ready- 0.001 mR/hr Resolution -- 350 mR/hr Range.
Specifications for this item
|Brand Name||Images SI|
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
The GCA-03 Digital Geiger Counters are useful for detecting and accurately measuring radioactivity.
The GCA-03 has two operating modes. The CPS mode counts the number of radioactive particles detected every second and updates the digital display every second. CPS is a survey mode for checking radioactivity. The CPM mode counts the number of radioactive particles detected every minute (60 seconds) and updates the display every minute. CPM mode is used for checking background radiation.
The GCA-03 Geiger counter has an internal Geiger Mueller (GM) tube. This Geiger counter's applications are: Education - Classroom demonstrations and nuclear experiments; Emergency Services and Domestic Preparedness for nuclear accidents. Compliance Verification and Radiation Screening for wastes and other materials.NRC certifications are available at additional costs through the manufacturer.
The Liquid Crystal Display is a 16 character by 2 line that provides an easy to read digital output. Switch selection allows GCA-03 Geiger Counter to measure and convert radiation (counts per second) into in mR/hr or mSv/hr. Time selection switch allows Counts Per Second (CPS) or Counts Per Minute (CPM) mode. All Geiger Counters are factory calibrated using NIST source to insure an accurate measurement. Data Output Jack: Outputs either Serial Data (default) or TTL logic pulse for each radioactive particle detected. Jumper switch selection. The serial output is the counts per second sent via USB cable (not included) to our Windows PC Geiger Counter Graphing program (not included) for charting and recording the measured radiation over time. Secondary indicators; audio (clicks) and visual (LED) included. All Geiger Counters are factory calibrated using an NIST traceable radiation source to insure an accurate measurement. Powered by 9V battery.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?