Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Tall Heights Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Digital Download SR3 - How does it work?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 15, 2011 9:55:30 PM PDT
With $10 off, this is the best deal on SR3 for PC I've seen, so I preordered. But my question is - this is a Steamworks game, correct? So will we just receive a code from Amazon to put into Steam? I'd much prefer that, actually, but it worries me that I see no mention of this on the product page.

Posted on Oct 19, 2011 11:11:45 PM PDT
E. Ramires says:
Yes, THQ has confirmed that the game will use Steamworks. Wish I had known before I preordered on Steam, could've saved 10 bucks. :( As for how it works, I've never bought a download game off Amazon, but I'd assume the CD Key would be sent to you, and also be available in your account at any time, then you'd just need to Redeem that code in Steam for it to be added to your account so it can keep track of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2011 10:30:02 AM PDT
Y. Chia says:
You could cancel whenver before release date and have them refund.
Just give them at least a week to do it.

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 8:17:55 AM PDT
If it is like Dead Island you can use the key from Amazon and activate on Steam, 2 friends did this and saved $10 each by getting it from Amazon. In light of this I have SR3 pre-ordered on Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2011 11:01:55 AM PDT
MD says:
Your account at Amazon has a list of all the games you've bought and their keys. For this game just put your key in steam and you're done.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2011 5:15:15 PM PDT
ramires, you can cancel your order on Steam, just email them. As long as the game isn't out yet they'll refund it. Then you can order via Amazon.

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 7:04:28 AM PST
Fani says:
I bought a couple of games on Amazon download and they work as advertised. No issues really. You get a link to download the game along with the game code. You just enter it in and you're done.

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 7:17:32 PM PST
Mike says:
What Fani said, you get a Activation Key then you go on steam and in the bottom left corner you click ADD A GAME - Activate a Product on Steam... then enter the key and start the download from steam.

Posted on Nov 9, 2011 7:37:37 PM PST
So you can download the game on the 11th, but when can you play the game??

Steam says it doesn't unlock until the 14th.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Oct 15, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 9, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about