Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: CTA Digital PS Vita Travel EVA Protective Case
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

on June 13, 2012
Ok, so after dishing out some dough for the Vita and some games I had to find a good case to keep it safe. I wasn't abut to leave a $250 system out and about for it to collect scratches. But I also didn't want to pay $20 plus for some case. So I found this one for $10. It gets the job done. Here are some details I'm sure you're wondering about it.

1. Fits nice and snug you don't have to worry about it rattling around in there.
2. The case is hard and sturdy, I'm pretty sure I could drop it and the Vita inside would be just fine.
3. Yes there are 2 annoying straps inside that might mess around with the analog sticks, but you don't have to use them
4. Mine didn't have a smell as some other people have complained about, luck of the draw I guess
5. I like the fact it has the sleeve inside that protects the screen and you can put some games in there to carry around.

My only advice is if you don't like the straps and aren't going to use them I suggest cutting them off like I did, see when you put the Vita on top of the straps and go to unzip the case, since the Vita is kinda being held up by the straps it could easily slip if you're opening the case at an angle. But overall I'm glad I bought this case instead of dishing out another couple of bucks for another one because of the brand.
11 comment| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 13, 2012
I was pleasantly surprised to see the shell of this case is a stiff plastic covered with the mesh. There are two elastic straps that hold the Vita in place that are not in the picture. (I will upload a photo)
The straps are not particularly necessary and I may remove them later, but for now I'll just leave them.
The USB cable will fit with the Vita and the case zips but it will be snug.
For ten bucks it's hard to beat and I would certainly recommend it.
review image review image review image review image
on November 4, 2012
***
11/09/2012 REVIEW UPDATE

One of the nylon straps that others have complained about, broke a few days ago. So, I ended up snipping them both off with some wire cutters.

I wasn't being forceful or anything, was just trying to get the Vita out.

So far, I'd still recommend the case and am keeping the 5-star rating as-is.

***

ORIGINAL REVIEW:

After browsing a number of different Vita cases and checking reviews, I decided to pull the trigger on this one. A few notes:

- The case shipped to me does NOT have any sort of weird smell. Another reviewer reported theirs did.
- The two straps used to keep the Vita in place can certainly be slightly annoying, but they absolutely hold the device in place well. I'm undecided on snipping them off or not.
- Other reviewers reported that the games would slide out of the sleeve easily -- I did NOT find this to be the case, and I tried -- hard -- to make it happen.
- Construction of this case, overall, seems very good. Some of the stitching isn't perfect, but for under $9, it's impossible to complain about.

To be perfectly honest, I think this case is better than the felt sleeve that came with my PSP1000. I feel confident in saying the case could be dropped from a fair hight and no harm would come to the Vita inside.

So far, I'm overall extremely pleased with the case and will put it through some usage over the next few months. Should my opinion change at all, I'll be sure and update this review.
on December 6, 2012
This isnt a wow you type of item, even relative to other cases, but it is a good functional case nonetheless. It is a hard shell, and there are two straps inside to secure your Vita. I feel pretty confident that I could drop this with no negative consequences whatsoever. It's also water resistant. I say resistant because I wouldnt go dropping it in water, but if you get caught out in the rain with it, your Vita will stay dry. There is a little flap that has four pockets for games and two pockets that will hold your USB cord and maybe an extra item or two of the same size. I also keep a spare memory card in the pocket with my USB.
Anyway, that's pretty much it. For the price, this case is a champ. For somebody with the entire game catelog, or prefers something more aesthetically pleasing, you'll want to look elsewhere.
on April 20, 2015
Picked this up to protect my new PS Vita slim. There aren't many options available, but I didn't want the "vault" type. I'm not hard on my systems because I'm an adult, but I needed something to protect it in my bag. I was pleasantly surprised when this came. I'll list the pros and cons so you can make a decision.

Pros:
- hard exterior will protect it from drops and being mashed in your bag
- room for 4 games on the inside, plus one in the console, so you can carry 5 total
- no branding on the outside - this is important to me because it doesn't scream that you have expensive electronics that could be stolen from your bag

Cons:
- this is minor and expected for the price, but the spaces for the games are made of pleather and I'm not sure how long they'll hold up over time
- the elastic straps that hold the PS Vita seem flimsy. They're fine when the case is new, but if you take it in and out several times, as all elastic does, they will eventually stretch - not a huge issue but worth noting

All in all, for the money paid, this is a great investment to protect your Vita. Even if the elastic does wear out, it'll still protect your Vita and do it's job. If the Vita is primarily played by a younger person, you might want to go with a vault type to maximize protection. If you're like me and the Vita is a boredom killer carried occasionally, this case is perfect!
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on March 13, 2012
The case that arrived was nothing like the picture shown. It has a graphic on the front that makes the case look like it belongs to a teenager. The construction quality is poor and there is a strong chemical smell to the case. I will be attempting to return this item.

Update:

I have since returned this case and instead picked up the Hori PS Vita Hard Case. The Hori case is only $5 more and much better quality case.
review image
on February 27, 2013
I had read other reviews regarding this product... some reviews stated that the case had a really pungent odor that was so bad that the product needed to be returned. This was not the case with mine & it was the first thing that was paying attention too when I opened the package. I sniffed around the box before opening & it didn't smell so I pulled open a corner & still didn't smell anything... I pulled it out of the box & took a HUGE wiff right on the case... nothing, just the normal weird from factory new fabric smell... I don't even smell that anymore & I have had it for a week or so now.

The other thing people complain about the elastics inside that hold the Vita in place. people have cut these off as they do not like them... this I feel is a preference, I personally like them. They stretch enough that I can get the Vita out without to much difficulty or damage to the system. They are tight enough that they hold the system in place comfortably. People say they tug on the analog sticks when they try to take the system out of the case but I dont find this to be an issue. I pull up on the elastic while grabbing the bottom corner of the system & put the elastic behind that side of the system I then lift the other elastic & slide out the system towards the side I already pulled the elastic off of. So again this is preference as to whether or not you want to snip them out.

The case itself is nice quality & I feel if I dropped it from about waist high no damage would come to my Vita. The flap inside has space for a few games &/or Memory Cards... however I do find that these slots are a little to big for the Memory Card alone without some sort of small case (like what the SD Cards come in)... games have no issue fitting. There is a netting on the inside as well for small accessories... but not the AC adaptor... maybe a USB Cable and some ear buds are all that would fit. I personally have not used this section yet.

All in all I find this to be a good purchase for the price as it is good quality, I feel it protects my system, & like that it has some space for some games &/or Memory Cards. I definitly give this product 5 Stars. Good price, good product.
on February 5, 2014
This is a hard enough case to store the PS Vita in a backpack with other books and laptop/tablet. I would recommend this for anyone who is looking for a case to use when traveling or storage. Hard material and has a place to store memory cards. A++ case especially with the low price
on January 4, 2016
I wanted a simple case for traveling to protect the screen instead of just tossing my Vita into a backpack, and this one fit the bill. The case includes enough room for a handful of games or memory cards (although at the price of the Vita memory cards do people really have more than one?), and it also includes a coupe of straps to hold the Vita in place.

I've found I don't use the straps and instead I just set the Vita in the case before closing it, but it would be a nice option if you were concerned about it falling out as you unzipped it. Perhaps this could be an issue if you opened the case upside down. There is also a loop for small carabiner (the actual carabiner is included) so you can clip it onto a bag or belt loop if you really desire. I won't use this feature myself as I'd feel more comfortable with it being out of sight in a bag or backpack, but it is nice to have options.

The case does offer some protection as it is semi-hard. It isn't a full rigid plastic, but it also has some form to it so it isn't thin like a sleeve style protective wrap. I wouldn't want to sit on my Vita even if it was in this case, but if I dropped it a couple of feet, this may be sufficient protection to prevent a broken screen (and would surely prevent scratches to the screen).

I should also mention the Vita fits in this very well - it is snug and won't bounce around or rub on anything, so that is a positive. This is pretty much everything I wanted in a case so I'm glad I didn't spend two or three times more for a different option. If there are any negatives at all it might be taht the case isn't large enough to hold the stock Vita charger, but since I generally travel with various USB chargers and at least one micro USB cable this isn't a concern. The case can hold a USB cable but the charger itself needs to go elsewhere.

All things considered this is a great value and I'd buy it again.
on December 10, 2013
Fits my 2000 model vita nicely. with room for a cleaning cloth, cards, and other small accessories. My only complaint is that the game card pockets are sewn on the wrong side- they'll still stay in but it's not exactly as described,