Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 766 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 808 reviews
on April 20, 2015
Picked this up to protect my new PS Vita slim. There aren't many options available, but I didn't want the "vault" type. I'm not hard on my systems because I'm an adult, but I needed something to protect it in my bag. I was pleasantly surprised when this came. I'll list the pros and cons so you can make a decision.

Pros:
- hard exterior will protect it from drops and being mashed in your bag
- room for 4 games on the inside, plus one in the console, so you can carry 5 total
- no branding on the outside - this is important to me because it doesn't scream that you have expensive electronics that could be stolen from your bag

Cons:
- this is minor and expected for the price, but the spaces for the games are made of pleather and I'm not sure how long they'll hold up over time
- the elastic straps that hold the PS Vita seem flimsy. They're fine when the case is new, but if you take it in and out several times, as all elastic does, they will eventually stretch - not a huge issue but worth noting

All in all, for the money paid, this is a great investment to protect your Vita. Even if the elastic does wear out, it'll still protect your Vita and do it's job. If the Vita is primarily played by a younger person, you might want to go with a vault type to maximize protection. If you're like me and the Vita is a boredom killer carried occasionally, this case is perfect!
on June 23, 2017
It has a carabiner clip so you can hook it to your belt loop or backpack strap or something like that, but I don't know why you'd want to do that. It has a zipper to keep your stuff from falling out, which is nice but pretty much all of these products have that. The outer shell is black fabric with a thin core of hard plastic I think. It is not the most durable thing in the world - do not expect it to protect your Vita and games if you drop it down the stairs or run it over with your mom's car. But it will protect against minor bumps that frequently happen when you travel.

Inside has three types of pockets. One whole side has two elastic straps that will hold your PSVita in place. It will fit the model PCH-1001, I am not sure about other models because I don't own other models. The other side has a flap that acts as a cushion for the top of your Vita when you zip up the case. The back (or top) side of the case has two additional types of pockets. There are four tiny pouches that will fit your Vita games, and two mesh pockets that are the perfect size for one UMD (PSP game/movie disc) each. Aside from that, you might be able to squeeze a small pocket notebook and a pen on top of the flap before you zip it up but there really isn't much extra room for accessories and such. If you want to bring more than four PSVita games with you, I recommend stashing them in a zip-lock sandwich bag and stuff the bag in here on top of the flap. If you want to bring more than two bigger items (i.e. those UMD discs) I'd recommend using some other kind of case for that.
on October 13, 2016
Decent case but lacks good storage for memory cards. Good case overall. Hold a few cames and fits the Vita nicely. There is no good way of storing loose memory cards. I'm always carrying these with me due to the low memory in the Vita and the fact that about 1-2 games fit on a 4GB card. I wish it had slots specific for memory cards. SOme key product features include:
Protects PS Vita from bumps and scratches
• Storage space for games and small accessories
• Durable EVA material and soft fabric lining
on March 13, 2012
I was pleasantly surprised to see the shell of this case is a stiff plastic covered with the mesh. There are two elastic straps that hold the Vita in place that are not in the picture. (I will upload a photo)
The straps are not particularly necessary and I may remove them later, but for now I'll just leave them.
The USB cable will fit with the Vita and the case zips but it will be snug.
For ten bucks it's hard to beat and I would certainly recommend it.
review image review image review image review image
on August 15, 2016
Great case, does exactly what I want it to do which is hold my vita + games. The holders for the chips were not flimsy and actually hold the games pretty well, and you can put it however many games you want in the pocket but just be careful opening the case so they don't fall out. I personally don't use the straps to hold the vita, but it's there if you want it. The case is provides a decent amount of protection from normal drops and stuff but don't expect it to take a beating, you should be taking care of your vita anyway. Oh and I don't recommend trying to fit in the entire charger (the original vita's charger), you can put in a wire but if you try to put in the brick you'll have a hard time, you're better off putting it in your pocket or another bag.
Anyways, I've actually had this for a while now and it's still going strong, as long as you're not looking for anything too fancy and are mainly looking for a convenient lightweight travel case then you'll like it.
on January 4, 2016
I wanted a simple case for traveling to protect the screen instead of just tossing my Vita into a backpack, and this one fit the bill. The case includes enough room for a handful of games or memory cards (although at the price of the Vita memory cards do people really have more than one?), and it also includes a coupe of straps to hold the Vita in place.

I've found I don't use the straps and instead I just set the Vita in the case before closing it, but it would be a nice option if you were concerned about it falling out as you unzipped it. Perhaps this could be an issue if you opened the case upside down. There is also a loop for small carabiner (the actual carabiner is included) so you can clip it onto a bag or belt loop if you really desire. I won't use this feature myself as I'd feel more comfortable with it being out of sight in a bag or backpack, but it is nice to have options.

The case does offer some protection as it is semi-hard. It isn't a full rigid plastic, but it also has some form to it so it isn't thin like a sleeve style protective wrap. I wouldn't want to sit on my Vita even if it was in this case, but if I dropped it a couple of feet, this may be sufficient protection to prevent a broken screen (and would surely prevent scratches to the screen).

I should also mention the Vita fits in this very well - it is snug and won't bounce around or rub on anything, so that is a positive. This is pretty much everything I wanted in a case so I'm glad I didn't spend two or three times more for a different option. If there are any negatives at all it might be taht the case isn't large enough to hold the stock Vita charger, but since I generally travel with various USB chargers and at least one micro USB cable this isn't a concern. The case can hold a USB cable but the charger itself needs to go elsewhere.

All things considered this is a great value and I'd buy it again.
on January 27, 2017
It seems well enough and I couldn't find many imperfections except I can see why a lot of people say the games fall out, depending on the direction you open the case the slot where you put the game could just fall out - having them face sideways could possibly fix this. but I mainly just plan on downloading games to my card.

The straps seem to hold my 2001 series ps vita just fine but I do see why people complain that where the belt/belt loop strap is on the top and the zipper is on the bottom which could lead to it unzipping and falling out - I don't plan on doing that anyway as I already have too much stuff attached to my belt to begin.

I didn't notice any chemical or smoke smell upon opening like others have had issues with. Also I received the correct color - Black

All in all it's a good product for me.

Short list:

Pro:
Nice firm case - seems like it will protect well if dropped and protected from banging around against things in my backpack
Inside is soft enough to not scratch the screen but could be softer.
Straps work well for my ps vita model
Construction is of good quality

Cons:
Game holder could be designed better
Belt hook should be on the same side as the zipper when it's closed

The removal of 1 star is for the cons - if those features mattered to me I would probably remove another star - but they aren't so 1 star removal as I recognize they are still flaws.

Update: Yup my husband threw my vita down the stairs - it is undamaged - love it.
on July 21, 2017
I won't recommend it. First of the elastic straps to hold your ps is making it very difficult to put in and take out ps. So instead of protecting it, it seems to damage it while putting in and taking out. 2nd the game cartridge holder, one you put you game in it, you can't tell which is what game unless you have very good memory and you remember what you kept where. Also the holders seems to be made of very cheap material.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 25, 2017
This is a purrfect carrying case for a little kitten's PS Vita Slim. It does a really nice job protecting the system from bumps and bops. The top and bottom are made of fairly rigid material so they don't flex or bend much. The zipper motion is super smooth with no snaggies and mine came with a metal belt hoop though I haven't tried using it since I don't have that sort of clothing. The flappy thing in the middle can hold up to four game cartridges, but I haven't tried to slip games into mine yet as all of mine are digital distribution stuff that got installed on the little memory card. There are two elastic strappy things that you can tuck your Vita under and they sit off to ether side of the screen. It was sorta a pain to get them over the thumb sticks so I just put my Vita on top of the straps. The act sort of like an springy thing to lift the system up and out of the case. If I go traveling someplace, I'll purrobably put the system back under the straps so it doesn't fall out of the case unexpectedly when I'm opening it. This kitten has no problems with the overall quality and it feels like this is a good case for keeping your Vita Slim super safe.
on February 18, 2015
Simple yet stylish in black (there are multiple variants of this basic case type). The synthetic fiber weave texture is vaguely reminiscent of a carbon fiber pattern in miniature and the clamshell halves feel sturdy.

The storage flap has four slots for games (which you can't ID at a glance as the pockets are solid fabric) and a two-partition net for general storage. There's not enough room to house your whole charger, but the USB cable will fit, as will multiple game and memory cards. So far, I have 8 games in mine. The carabiner included is decent quality, although it doesn't like to stay hanging from the small end of the loop.

Wasn't sure my Vita with TPU 'skin' case would fit, but it does, snugly. That was a great bonus.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.