Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 208 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 225 reviews
on January 10, 2013
This is my second one and works just like the other one I got earlier this year.

Comparison.
1. This one uses AAA batteries vs the original AA battery.
2. The original had a hook and this one has a strap as pictured.
3. The battery cover is looser and the batteries are side by side vs. in a row. when you put the battery in, you have to kind of jam the cover on. When you bump the handle in just the wrong way, the pressure from the battery will pop the cover off. I ended up using tape to keep it on. You should also be careful about the cover since the spring can get caught and bent.
4. Display angle of vision is lower. You have to look at it dead on to see the weight. It's not as viable as the older version.

Overall, quality is way down. Original rating for the 1st one was 5 stars, losing 3 stars for this version.
on October 11, 2013
CONS
====
Mechanical design (or factory quality control) is not so good. The removable battery door does not engage the main housing properly. When the 2 AAA cells are inserted, the compressed springs push outward on the removable battery door. On mine, the spring pushes the battery door away from the housing, exposing a 1/16" (1.6mm) gap, on one side only. Upon examination, I see the battery door was made with a pair of tiny hooks that grab the main housing, but the hook on one side is broken off, as received. You cannot tell it's broken until batteries are installed; it looks perfect with empty battery compartment.

Slow delivery. I ordered this August 31. It arrived October 11, nearly 6 weeks after order date. Does not includes batteries or the retail package pictured. Wrapped in bubble wrap, shipped in padded envelope from China. I can see why that stuff was left out: to reduce weight and save shipping.

PROS
====
Very inexpensive. Order 2 and maybe one will be defect-free.
Looks like it's easy to use (if the battery door stays on).
Easy to find AAA cells.
on May 9, 2015
If you are using this scale with the specific aim of avoiding overweight charges with the airlines, either don't rely on this item, or assume that it is always wrong. On past trips, where I had used this scale and was well under the 50 lbs limit, I noticed a discrepancy, but since I didn't exceed the limit, I didn't mind. But on a recent trip, it was very wrong. Where it read 48 lbs, actual weight at the airline was 53 lbs. On the return trip, knowing there was an error, I packed supposedly less than 45 lbs, but at the airline 50 lbs. Struggling with the bathroom scales gives a better result.
on January 21, 2013
I got this item for a trip im going on and am very happy with its performance. I paid under
6$ including shipping and it has worked very well. came with batteries and gives very accurate
reading. I would highly recommend this over a more expensive type for 2 reasons. it itself is very light and
not a burden to pack also unless you travel all the time there is no point in having an expensive name brand
luggage scale. just remember to take out the batteries before you pack it away for a long time after your trip, as they are
cheap batteries and, i assume, would leak over time and ruin the battery terminals. or you can just get duracell power locks
which have a 10 year life.
on June 27, 2014
Pros:
+full rotation of the weighing part
+cheap (mine was just under seven bucks, now it's even cheaper?!)
+strap (not hook) design is more secure
+easy to get batteries for (AAA)
+repeatable measurements after "warming up" with a few pulls

Cons:
-no physical off button (it may turn on when you pack it in your luggage)
-requires warming up with a few pulls before the numbers stabilize
-no hook (in the odd instance where you can't pass the strap through your object.
-slightly larger than those operated with coin cell.
on April 4, 2013
I did not really know what to expect with this item. I knew I wanted something that could help me quickly weigh my luggage so I do not have to go through the hassle of unpacking at the airport if my bags are overweight. This little gadget came with an indigo backlight to read the numbers in any light setting. So far this seems accurate for the weight. I can fit this in the palm of my hand almost so it's very compact and can quickly be stored in pockets if needed. If balanced properly other things besides luggage can be weighed. As long as there is a way to tie a belt around it and get the scale hook on it then it should work. Battery operated so I suggest taking out batteries to store it.
on November 26, 2013
I just got mine that was shipped 1 month ago from Asia. It indeed works so far. The 1/2 page note/manual has about 50% errors written in broken English. This is certainly not a 4 or 5 star product. I think these Made in China products that are oddly shipped from Asia are now getting aggressive and submitting a lot of fake reviews. Overall - it's so sketchy that this is obviously not a recommendation. There are many consumer protections to consider like returns, refunds, warranty, service, company brand and so on.
on April 24, 2014
I have only just received the scale . I haven't had a chance to use it for real Hence the four stars instead of 5. But I did test it with a ten poiund weight that I have and it weighed it perfectly. It is our hope to use it on every trip we take in future . Airlines are getting much stricter about baggage weight and we don't want to have to repack or pay penalties. it will be particularly useful on return flights where we will have no bathroom scale or device to weigh luggage on. It is very light itself and small so can be easily packed.

Lonnie
on October 8, 2013
Received the product - mailed from China.

Batteries (2 AAA's) were amazingly difficult to get in and based on that defect decided I did not want to have product. This was reinforced when I turned it on display would only say "Lo". Wrote to seller asking for refund. He replied asking for a photograph. Twice sent him a photograph of the product repeating my request for refund.

last reply was "I'm a Customer Services ,I know your mood very well,but i really need a picture to confirm. Then I can deal with your problem by resend ."

This is enough hassle I guess I lose my $4.50.
on April 13, 2013
We take a few vacations a year and needed this to avoid extra baggage charges. My friends bought similar scales at various stores for 15 to 30 dollars, which is what I priced them at.
This model was under 3 bucks and is very accurate, trust me.!
Although they said it was coming from China and would take about 20 days, mine came in about 10 days (free shipping to boot)!
Its design is compact, measures multiple types of units and I repeat accurate. The fact that it only goes as high as 80 lbs is of little consequence since I can't carry much more than 50 lbs anyway. They did say the batteries were include but were not! (spring for the AAA) it's still a deal.