Digital USB Microscope 20X - 200X Magnification
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- It features 300x Zoom
- Handheld Grip Style Microscope
- Connects directly to your computer for instant viewing
- Use software to record what your microscope is examining
Customers Also Shopped For
Top Customer Reviews
- USB powered; no power cables or batteries required.
- Stand included
- LED lighting with 3 modes (off, low, bright)
- Video Capture capability
- Snapshot capability
- Adjustable focus
- Stand isn't heavy enough to allow full extension of boom
- Short focal length makes it tedious to view objects with varying depth levels
- Focal adjustment knob tends to readjust for a few moments after being set
- Myth: Video capture mode similar to a cheap webcam
- Truth: It's quite nice, indeed. Simply adjust the framerate with the included software. 90fps looks great.
- Myth: USB Digital Microscope with 300x Magnification (as advertised)
- Truth: USB Digital Microscope with 200x Magnification (as packaged)
I like this little gizmo and I consider myself quite particular when it comes to electronics. Definitely worth the cost, although it's not "lab quality" equipment. If you want lab quality, then avoid USB microscopes altogether ;)
My only complaint is that the focal length is really short. I wanted to use it as a replacement for my loupes, magnifying glasses, etc. for when I do electronics and watch repair. The longest focal length I could get is about 1.5", not enough to get any decent tools under it. Also, the light from the LEDs is paltry, begging for a good hack to add some real lighting. It would be nice if someone came up with a lens kit that would allow you to get about 4"-6" between the scope and the object you are working on.
Either way, it makes a nice USB microscope. I doubt you will find a cure for cancer with it, but it makes a nice gift to do inspection AFTER you finish some work.
Included software; MicroCapture 2.0 - not recommended.
Zoom only works from Options-Preview Size - 352x288 and down.
At 640x480 and above, the Options-Preferences-Camera Control - Zoom has no effect.
Zoom is achieved by manually turning the lens to minimal focal length, and moving the object into that focal point.
Double Clicking on the image screen will expand the current window to fullscreen while keeping the settings, making a larger version of the lower resolutions - which in turn makes them useable.
You CANNOT separate the Zoom and Focus in the manual lens adjuster.
You adjust the lens for focus OR zoom, then adjust the position of the object you're viewing.
The 20x - 200x (and other claims) are irrelevant with this system, but are the way these items are Marketed.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I don't know why this usb microscope is rated so low by everyone else. I bought one and I have used it at work and at home. Very good close up images. No issues.Published on May 20, 2011 by Red
Have enjoyed using te scope with coins and almost eveything else. Would appreciate a better instruction manual but otherwise I highly reccomend.Published on February 27, 2010 by M. Blaylock
The USB microscope I received is utterly useless. It does not zoom from 20X to 200X as advertised. It is fixed at 200X. The focal length is too short to be useful. Read morePublished on December 17, 2009 by Rich