Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Digital Wedding Photography Photo Workshop
Format: Paperback|Change
Price:$12.04+ Free shipping

on March 25, 2012
Great first (beginner level) book on wedding photography, especially for those with limited experience both in wedding photography and photography in general. If you are an experienced photographer then there is little technical to be learned here (and some stuff seems over-simplified, lacking in depth). To get beyond the beginner level I would recommend Captured by the Light: The Essential Guide to Creating Extraordinary Wedding Photography. I would also recommend reading Joe McNally's three books on lighting; The Moment It Clicks: Photography Secrets from One of the World's Top Shooters,The Hot Shoe Diaries: Big Light from Small Flashes and Sketching Light: An Illustrated Tour of the Possibilities of Flash (Voices That Matter).

This is a great book to use to start learning about wedding photography but it should definitely NOT be your last as real world lighting situations and other issues are not addressed adequately IMO. Still, I did learn a few useful things and I am glad that I read this book.
One person found this helpful
on May 18, 2013
For a wedding photographer, getting bookings is the first and most important thing. Another author wrote more about advertising, what to do and what not to do. Kim's book is very thin in this respect. Shooting a wedding is not just what camera to use and how to compose a shot. If you can't shoot pictures, try another line of work. Most wedding photographers are mediocre.

Here's what I'd like to see: get the booking, have them sign a contract, shoot the wedding, and then post the shots on line or in a proof book. Kim does mention where on line to post images. And which labs to use. That's really useful.
on July 3, 2011
Seeing the smiles on the faces of everyone as they review a set of wedding photos has to be the most rewarding part of being a Wedding Photographer. Easy right? Not so fast.....The planning and strategy of actually being a Wedding Photographer has now been described in Kenny Kim's book, "Digital Wedding Photogtraphy". Anyone who has said "I could do that" now has a place to go and see what it actually takes to successfully memorialize one of the most important Days and part of a Brides life. Quite a responsibility is mild compared to the expectations of everyone involved. This book walks through every aspect of being the Owner, Coach and Quarterback of the Super Bowl of Photography. If you are a looking for a very good read THIS ONE is it!.....You will be very happy you did.
3 people found this helpful
on September 21, 2011
Very detailed and helpful! This is the kind of book I am looking for, great tips and so much inspiring ideas and images. This guide will surely help me for my upcoming wedding photoshoot! Not just wedding but this book also gives you idea on how to shoot portraits. Awesome book!
One person found this helpful
on February 4, 2014
I purchased the book to shoot a friends daughters wedding but she asked a friend to do the shoot, it's nagreat book with lots of ideas especially like that each photo gives the camera settings.
on February 17, 2015
Good information.
on June 13, 2011
This is another top notch book by Kenny Kim it is very informateive and well laid out, if you are thinking of purchasing a photography book on wedding photography then this book is a must. It has an abundance of photos and information and is well worth the asking price. Go ahead and buy this book, if this is one purchace you make, you wont be dissapointed
2 people found this helpful
on August 16, 2014
Amazing for a newcomer , I have been shooting for quiet a while but somehow had just not decided to do weddings until this summer when I found this book, I was happy with what I saw and wanted to read more and so glad that I did.
on May 28, 2012
Pretty disappointed on the book as the coverage is not as deep. The photos are pretty average and some of them are off the professional level. This is more a book to go through the steps of Wedding Photos, with some hints on the technniques. I was expecting more on inspiration and picture ideas that shines. I am very disappointed and I can not even find one photo that really raise my eyebrows! Sorry for being so direct but you may find this book helpful if you are a beginner. It talks about apeture priority, shutter speed priority, colour temperature, lens, photo touchup, over exposure technique etc., The coverage is wide but not deep!
on April 2, 2014
I am still in the process of reading this book, but have so far found it very insightful, and useful. I will definitely be using some of these tips at the wedding I am shooting this summer.