Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheBigSick TheBigSick TheBigSick  Echo Dot Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite The Evil Within 2 Shop now

on December 13, 2011
This thing didnt even worked fine the first time, it worked, I dont know, about 1 and a half hour, I used it three more times and it started work less and less, then I stopped using it for some time, then I thought that i would be a good idea to give it another chance, but guess what WRONG IDEA I tried to use it but it worked for aproximate of 20 minutes (maybe less) and it was hard to make the light turn on, the most minimal movement causes it to turn off, It was very difficult to press the sync button, because there is a minimal hole that can only be reached with a toothpick, and since the battery is assembled to the cover, triying to press it by removing the cover wont work at all. I dont recomend this piece of ¨technology¨ (I was being sarcastic) I recomend the Nyko brand charger, its 20 times better than this and it works for an aproximate of 24
hours, thats a lot more of time and its also easy to make the charger light turn on, you wont be dissapointed if you buy the one from Nyko , but you will if you buy this one that is from CTA.
on June 10, 2011
This Double Charge Station with 2 rechargeable batteries only half of it works right now. I just purchased it for my system. I am older and enjoy playing the games with my kids but when you charge the batteries and are all set to play, one of them isn't working at all. It's not the remote. Took out the recargeable battery and inserted regular A batteries and the remote works fine. Just one of these rechargeable batteries is not working at all. Have tried charging it twice now. Gave up. I feel like I only got use of half of what I paid for. Price on this double charge station was $19.99 and I am still having to use regular batteries. Is there anyway, I can get another rechargeable battery? I hope the one that is working so far holds up or I can start all over. Very disapointing. S. Seay Yes, I purchased this from Amazon, so it was a disapointment. I have been using Amazon for about two years now and most of the time the products are well worth the purchase. First review, only half of product worked, NOW, NONE of the product WORKS !!! Waste of money and time. Should have purchased product from MFG
on August 8, 2011
I thought that this was a great idea, and a great price for it.

Even though I had read all the negative reviews, I went for it anyways and I realized that I really should have listened to the other reviews.

It is very easy to get it all set up. Just take off the original back and insert the rechargeable battery pack. It states that it will take 12 hours to charge fully. It does charge, and it does work, for about 2 hours. Which is not ideal for someone who really likes to play their Wii.

12 hours of wait, 2 hours of play, 12 hours of wait, 2 hours of play, 12 hours of wait... Not worth it.

I have mine plugged into the computer to charge via the USB cable, but after 12 hours, at night I do turn it off. This leaves the WiiMotes sitting there for at least 8 hours while we sleep, not being played with and not charging. I tried playing after this period of nothingness and found that the remote had two bars when I started, and was down to one sad red bar after about 30 minutes of playing.

So unless you are playing directly after charging, this should work fine, but don't leave them sitting around without a charge or the battery will just drain itself.
on December 5, 2014
Purchased this for my child`s battery draining Wii Remotes. I like it. The lights indicate if the remotes are on the cradle properly charging. There are little raised notches at the base of the cradle that help secure the remotes from falling out.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 7, 2011
I bought a pair of remotes with motion plus and got this rechargeable battery kit. I'm not sure if the batteries hold a charge well yet, since they don't fit in the charging station that came with them. I've charged them in the cradle we have for the original Wii remotes and they fit fine and charge up. If I put them in the cradle that came with them, they don't sit right to make contact with the charging points. If I wiggle them around a bit, I might get the charging LED to light up, but as soon as I let go, they turn off. I've left them in over night anyway. No power the nect morning.

I'd return them except for the fact that someone the out the boxes Christmas morning before I ever got to try them out. Over all, a complete waste of money on junk.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on March 25, 2011
I thought this would be a great money saver and convenient in terms of not finding myself without batteries in the house and no way to play the Wii. It would be perfect if it worked. The unit charged the batteries exactly once and then never worked again. The worst thing is the lights do go on and do indicate after a few hours that the batteries are charged. When I try to use the remote it doesn't function and the batteries show empty on the Wii battery check menu. When I put regular batteries in the remote it works perfectly.Very frustrating. Another drawback is that it is difficult to position the remote so the contact is made to get the charge light on. I found myself removing the wrist strap to get a good contact. As you may know that srap is a pain to put back on. I live in Mexico, so it would be more expensive for me to return this item than it is actually worth. It's going in the garbage!
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on February 11, 2011
This product is a total waste of money. Do yourself a favor and just get a 4 pack of rechargeable AA batteries.

Pro's: They are rechargeable batteries

Con's: Wii-mote is out of commission while the battery is recharging
Have to remove the silicone jacket on the wii-mote to charge and even then getting them to sit on the stand so that they will recharge is an absolute ordeal. Hard for an adult, almost impossible for younger children.
If you don't give them a full 12 hour charge before you use them the 1st time you will significantly reduce the life of the battery

To repeat, just get some good rechargeable AA's and you will be much happier
on October 14, 2010
This battery charger works as advertised except that the battery life I get is more like 6 hours (without WiiMotion Plus) which is about half of what's indicated in the product description. This wouldn't be a big deal if you could charge the batteries outside the controller, but I only have 1 WiiMote and so I cannot play using one of the two included batteries while the other charges. Nevertheless this is better than using regular batteries and the option to charge either via AC or USB is very nice.
on July 16, 2014
The "battery" holds a charge, but it doesn't seem to power the Wii remote. One of the two batteries is fine, but the other doesn't seem to fit into the remote properly to make a connection. It looks right and sits fine in the charger, but I can't get the remote to turn on. The remote works fine with real batteries and with another rechargable battery brand I have, but not with this one.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 22, 2011
When I first tried to use this recharger, I could not get it to work properly. I discovereed that the charger was not making good contact with the contacts on the remote. I now use a toothpick, slightly wedged between the remote and the front edge of the charger to ensure a good contact. Obviously, that is not how this should work. If I removed the wrist strap it would probably work better, but I don't want to do that every time. I've had no problem with getting a good charge that seems to last, using the toothpick method, however I would not recommend this charger.