Digitalis (Discarded Heroes Book 2) Kindle Edition
"The Defenders" digital comics
Read the hit comics and graphic novels that inspired the TV series. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Colton—or ‘Cowboy’ as he’s often known—won my heart in Nightshade as the rock solid, level-headed friend who stood by Max and helped him work through his anger and disillusionment, but the prologue to this story completely undid me; like a sucker punch to the gut and a vice on my heart all at once. I’m not going to spoil it for you, but if you’re not affected by it, you might as well never pick up another book again.
I hope that doesn’t put you off, because really, this is an incredible read, but you need to know that your emotions will go through the wringer. Cowboy’s struggle with PTSD is one of the most raw and realistic—and thoughtful—depictions I have ever read, and he suffers some more severe blows during this story; yet he’s also the sweet cowboy who stops at Hastings Department Store to buy towels on the way home from each mission, just so he can talk to the sales woman who caught his eye eight months ago. He’s a lethal sniper, so reconnaissance is his thing, but when it comes to taking the shot, he’s much more confident in the field than he is asking for a date. I don’t know about you, but that mix of total competency and sweet uncertainty turns my heart to mush.
“Between a rock and a hard place” doesn’t even begin to describe Piper’s situation, particularly when things begin to spiral out of her control. She can’t tell Colton anything about herself, but when it becomes clear her position has been compromised, he ends up in the middle anyway. In fact, the whole team does. And if things were intense before, that goes double in the devastating fallout.
Ronie's military action is always riveting and well written, and it’s only improved in this revised release. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, no writer does military suspense/thrillers like Ronie Kendig, with such a potent mix of action as well as heart and soul. I’m left gasping for breath, yet wanting more. Thank goodness there are two more books in this series to come!
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Mystery & Suspense
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller & Suspense
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Romance
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > War & Military
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > War & Military
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Mystery & Suspense