Wemo Dimmer Wi-Fi Light Switch, Works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Control from anywhere. Control Wemo Dimmer from the wall, the Wemo app, and even your voice with both Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. Only needs Wi-Fi. No Hub or subscription required. Enable the Wemo Skill in the Alexa app to pair.
- Syncs with your schedule. Easily set schedules and timers so your lights do what you want when you want. You can even sync lights to adjust with the sunset and sunrise.
- Optimize your lights: Wemo Dimmer will calibrate to the bulbs you’re using to provide the maximum amount of dimming range with no flickering.
- Night Mode. Set your Wemo Dimmer to your desired low light level and protect your eyes from bright lights.
- Works with Nest. Wemo Dimmer pairs with Nest to detect when you’re home or away to turn living room lights off when the house is empty, or have your kitchen lights switch on before you come home.
- Seamlessly replaces your existing dimmer, works with any one-way connection light switch (not compatible with 3-way) and requires a neutral wire.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
At a Glance:
- Remotely dim lights
- Night Mode feature
- Set schedules/timers
- Works with Voice
- Enable Wemo skill in Alexa app to pair
- Requires a neutral wire
- Replaces one-way switches
- Not 3-way switch compatible
Easily set the ambiance of any room and control your lights from anywhere with Wemo Dimmer. This smart Dimmer uses your existing home Wi-Fi network to provide wireless control of your lights from anywhere in the world. No subscription or hub is required: simply install the Dimmer and you can dim your lights from the wall, the Wemo app or with your voice using Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant.
What's in the Box:
- Wemo Dimmer
- Face plate
- 4 wire nuts
- Wire Labels
- Quick installation guide
Set Schedules and Timers
With Wemo Dimmer, you can set worry-free schedules for your lights. Using the free Wemo app, you can schedule the dining room lights to turn on at sunset, or dim your lights to a soft glow just before bedtime.
Optimized to Work with Your Lighting
Wemo Dimmer will optimize the dimming range to suit the specific type of bulb you’re using. Whether you’re using LEDs, CFLs, or incandescent bulbs, the dimmer delivers the maximum dimming range with no flickering.
Night Mode for Late-Night Comfort
Want to prevent bright-light blinding when you’re making a late-night trip to the kitchen or bathroom? With Wemo Dimmer’s 'Night Mode,' you can set your lights to turn on to a lower light level during specific times.
Hands-Free Voice Control
When paired with an Amazon Alexa or a Google Assistant device, Wemo Dimmer gives you hands-free voice control over your lights so you can dim your lights using just your voice.
Compatible with Nest
Wemo Dimmer pairs with Nest to offer a range of automatic control options. Nest detects when you’re home or away and syncs with Wemo Dimmer to turn living room lights off when the house is empty, or have your kitchen lights switch on before you come home.
Get Creative with IFTTT
'If This, Then That' is a free web-based service that lets you do amazing things with your Wemo. Turn lamps, fans, and other electronics on before you get home or off when you leave. With IFTTT, Wemo Dimmer can even wake you up with a soft glow in the morning instead of a loud alarm clock.
- Neutral wire required.
- Replaces single pole switch.
- Not compatible with 3-way (multi-location control) switches.
- Works with your existing single/double/multi-switch rocker-style plates.
- Not designed to work with metal face plates.
|Control from Anywhere||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Works with Voice||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Control In-Wall Lights/Fans||On/Off||Dimmable|
|No Hub Required||✔||✔||✔||✔|
Compare to similar items
|Price||$77.00||$49.99||$159.90||See price in cart||$39.50||See price in cart|
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Low Cost Distribution||Amazon.com||Low Cost Distribution|
|Item Dimensions||1.7 x 3.3 x 5 in||1.4 x 2.1 x 4.1 in||2.8 x 2.8 x 1.2 in||3.38 x 2 x 5.5 in||1.85 x 1.25 x 3 in||5.94 x 2 x 6.75 in|
Set the mood for dinner, work or movie time. The WeMo Wi-Fi smart dimmer is the smartest way to create the perfect ambiance. Choose your desired level of brightness and set schedules and timers right from your phone or tablet so your lights do what you want when you want from anywhere. WeMo dimmer switch seamlessly replaces your existing dimmer switch and works with any one-way connection light. Easy install, perfect for diyers. Neutral wire required. Not recommended for use with a metal faceplate. Download the free app, and control your lights from your phone or tablet. No Hub or subscription required.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Setting this up properly does require some networking knowledge and how to properly implement security. The switches both work on hidden and broadcasted SSID Wifi networks. Half of my switches work on the hidden SSID and the other half are connected to the broadcasted SSID. They do support security password keys, but if you want an extra layer of protection, turn on your router/basestation's MAC address control to enable only recognized and authorized devices access to your wireless network.
I have assigned static IP address to these switches by way of their MAC addresses, to avoid IP conflict when power cycling happens to my router. This is the general rule for all of my stay-at-home devices.
My eleventh switch will be arriving tomorrow. The first switch I bought in 2013 is still working to this day. All switches are still working reliably.
Works perfectly with NEST thermostat, Amazon Echo and IFTTT.
Update Dec 2017
1. The WEMO App allows you to set up "Rules" for unattended on/off times to a switch or a group of switches. So that a switch or a group of switches will turn on/off at a scheduled time.
2. The Amazon Alexa App allows you to first create intelligent "Groups" of switches, such as "Exterior Lights", "Interior Lights", "Living Room Lights", so you can use voice control to address them in a meaningful way. "Alexa, turn off Living Room Lights" or "Alexa, turn off All Lights."
3. IFTTT will integrate all the functionality of your smart devices with WEMO and ALEXA (NEST and others too). i.e. The GPS in a smart phone can be used to create an invisible fence that can turn WEMO switches on/off as you pass in/out of its perimeter. My living room lights and exterior lights come on when I'm about half a mile from home. NEST can also sense I'm coming home and start cooling/heating the house. The are thousands of "recipes" ready to use.
With these three Apps together, there are thousands of possibilities to automate your home if you are willing to experiment. These are just some of the ways I use mine.
So long story short, if you have other WeMo devices in your household, and have trouble getting this WeMo mini to connect, try unplugging as many of the other devices as you can (they will automatically reconnect online after you plug them back in), factory reset the mini, and go through the setup process again. It should hopefully work.