Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Import Blu-Ray/Region All pressing.
Please note while the feature film is viewable on all Blu-Ray players the special features are in Standard Definition/PAL format and will not be viewable on US BR players.
Laughter is on the menu when the creator of La Cage Aux Folles serves up a tasty comic feast with this hilarious farce. When Pierre decided to play a game to see who could bring the biggest idiot to a dinner party, he never imagined he'd be the one playing the fool. But when Pierre's selfish ways come to light before the main course he gets his just dessert. Gaumont. 2009.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I will never forget this movie. The things that made it so perfect and unique were:
1. I watched it with subtitles and even then the jokes did not lose any humor.
2. Every actor's subtle idiosyncrasies fit their movie character perfectly. This is either a hats off to the actors or to the casting director. It just made the movie not feel like a movie and I never had a conscious thought to analyze the acting at any point in the movie....AND IT WAS ONLY ACTING. No CGI, no special effects, no big budget. This leads me into the next great feature of this movie.
3. I did not know this until it was pointed out to me by my girlfriend (who previously has watched the movie) but the movie was literally filmed in pretty much four different rooms either in a house or a building.
4. The script for this movie portrays characters that anyone can relate to people in their lives which is another source of entertainment that this movie gives its audience.
5. This movie gives humor "class". No jokes are too raunchy and there is a lot of situation based humor. I went into watching the movie feeling bad about the "idiot" and in my life I have stuck up for a lot of people in situations like that. This movie was very light-hearted about it and allowed me to laugh; free of guilt.
I will definitely be looking for more movies by the group (actors/writers/directors) that created this movie.