Industrial Deals HPC Design the future with O'Reilly Media Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Diptyque Oranger Candle-6.5 oz

on November 8, 2013
Diptyque candles are expensive. They are also absolutely the best there is. You will find that they burn far longer than cheap candles, thereby not really costing anymore than a cheap candle. The scent is fabulous. I have several scents, but Orange/Oranger is my favorite. It really smells like fresh oranges. Not overwhelming but a rich scent. I cook a big breakfast on Saturday mornings. While I love the smell of bacon I really don't want it to linger all day in my house. This candle removes the bacon odor.
Again, Diptyque candles cost more but burn far, far longer than cheap candles.
on April 8, 2017
The clove scent is really strong and it's a little too sweet. Also, the candle appears to have some quality issues as there was extra wax at the top of the glass. Perhaps if you buy this from the actual store it would be better.
on March 17, 2017
Such a pretty scent...not too sweet......I use it with Sandal...love Diptyque!
on December 17, 2012
This is without a doubt my favorite candle. The scent penetrates the room with just the right amount of fragrance-- perfectly balanced. I think I've become addicted to this scent! This candle costs a lot to buy here in the US, but it's worth every penny!
on July 29, 2017
Love this product
on April 6, 2014
This scent is so underrated. Everyone freaks about diptyque's fig candle, but this one is so much better! It smells clean and warm all at once.
on December 5, 2016
Excellent
on November 4, 2013
I have purchased several Diptytique candles and enjoyed the scents. Orange has no scentt, none. Perhaps it evaporated before purchase by me.
on January 20, 2016
I love diptyque product. But this one, the smells is pretty strong.
on December 18, 2014
Very high quality candle that excels in the following:

1. Scent quality - very natural smelling fragrance with nuance and purity
2. Scent throw - this relatively small candle can easily fragrance a very large room. If I leave my bedroom door open the smell will fragrance most of the house, including the floor it's not even on.
3. Scent life - the smell will linger a good 5-6 hours after extinguishing, maybe even half a day depending on how stuffy/smelly the room it was lit in gets.
4. Longevity - it literally lasts about 1.5 times as long as most other candles at the same size, even the expensive ones. If anything Diptyque might even be playing it safe and understating the burn time in case people don't care for their candles properly, but this has a burn time of more like 65-70 hours (which is already extraordinary for a candle this size, where most candles burn for maybe 40-45 hours). And the large 10 oz one is closer to 105-110 hours and not 90!

However, it has cons:

1. The price (duh) - while it is an excellent candle, it is very freaking expensive. And maybe I'm not big enough of a scent snob but I don't think it's noticeably better than my NEST candles (with the exception of scent life, Diptyque does linger longer after extinguishing), which are almost half the price. And Capri Blue and Voluspa are somewhat less good but still very good and a much fairer price-to-quality match I believe. Diptyque is better, but not that much better to justify such a massive price difference - however if money isn't an issue to you, definitely go for it as it beats any other candle brand I've tried.

2. The cold scent is misleading. Diptyque fragrances are so layered that it can backfire because some notes only come out when lit, and how it smells cold in the shop might be quite different to how it smells when lit at home! This one smells fresh and summery cold and then lit it suddenly smells like Christmas (I'm not keen on Christmas scents), with a strong clove and nutmeg/spice note. And Figuier also did the same to me, smelling fresh, green and summery cold and then musky and earthy when lit - more like a fig orchard after the rain, with wet soil and grass. Which is a nice smell but not necessarily the smell I'd want in my bedroom!

TL;DR : excellent candles, probably slightly overpriced as they're better but not worlds apart from other more affordable luxury brands (NEST, Voluspa, Capri Blue). Have a sniff of a lit one or read reviews/ask around before buying as they often smell noticeably different when lit so even cold sniffing is not guaranteed to get you what you want.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question