Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $5.04 shipping
4-Year Portable Electronics Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Direct Sound EX-29 Dynamic Closed Headphones Black w/10' Headphone Extension Cable
- Dynamic closed back headphones with closed back drivers
- Straight stereo 1/8" (3.5 mm) gold-plated with screw-on 1/4" (6.3 mm) gold-plated adapter
- IncrediFlex padded, fully adjustable headband; foldable for storage
- Environmentally responsible natural passive isolation – no batteries required
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
1-year Manufacturer's Warranty.
- Passive Attenuation: 36.7 dB at 8,000 Hz, NRR 29 dB
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz
- Fidelity Response: TruSound tonally accurate
- Drivers: 40 mm, closed back
- Impedance: 32 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 114 dB at 1 KHz 1 mW
- Cord: 9 ft (2,750 mm) premium twin-lead cable
- Plug: Straight stereo 1/8″ (3.5 mm) gold-plated with screw-on 1/4″ (6.3 mm) gold-plated adapter
- Rated Input Power: 500 mW
- Maximum Input Power: 1,000 mW
- Weight: 11.5 oz (includes cable and plug)
Dynamic Headphones with Closed-Back Drivers
Color: White (Available in Black as well).
- 29 dB of Environmentally responsible natural passive isolation
- Large 40mm speaker drivers produces amazingly clear sound
- Gold-plated, corrosion-resistant stereo jack with convenient jack adapter keeper
- Adjustable and heavily padded headband for comfortable listening sessions
- Foldable design for easy storage
- Lightweight design for long listening sessions
Direct Sound Extreme Isolation EX-29 Closed-Back Headphones
This is no time for compromises. To perform your best, you need to hear your best. That’s why we designed the EX-29 headphones with 29 dB of passive isolation. To help you keep the outside world out – and your music in, in all its purity. And to stand up to studio- and performance-level extremes. No batteries required.
Isolation Headphones EX-29
High Precision Audio (HPA)
An 8’ cable extension with 3.5 mm stereo plug and 6.3 mm screw-on type adapter expands the boundaries of connectivity.
Aircraft grade aluminum cable grommets provide superior stability
Improved fidelity and audio quality.
Detachable premium cable results in greater mobility
Re-designed universal headband results in even greater comfort.
Compare with similar items
Vic Firth Stereo Isolation Headphones.
KAT Percussion KTUI26 Ultra Isolation Headphones
Shure SRH1840 Professional Open Back Headphones (Black)
beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 250 Ohm Studio Headphone
Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone
|Price||$129.95||$74.06||$66.95||$499.00||$155.24||Add to cart to see product details. Why?|
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||6 x 6 x 4.5 in||19 x 19 x 19 in||3.75 x 9.25 x 6.25 in||6.5 x 10.5 x 11.25 in||4 x 7 x 8.5 in||1 x 1 x 1 in|
|Item Weight||1.1 lbs||—||1 lb||4.4 lbs||0.64 lb||0.5 lb|
|Additional Features||Noise-Isolating||Sound Isolating||—||DJ-Style||DJ-Style||foldable|
To perform your best, you need to hear your best. That’s why we designed the EX-29 headphones with 29 dB of passive isolation. To help you keep the outside world out – and your music in, in all its purity. And to stand up to studio- and performance-level extremes. No batteries required.
From the Manufacturer
Ideal when you need to take yourself out of the acoustic mix. By dropping the ambient sound level by as much as 29dB you'll be able to record and mix guitars, basses, and even drums in the same room - the perfect project studio solution! For stage and studio drummers, hear how your kit is being mixed without having headphones at high volume!
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Drivers: 40mm
- Impedance: 32 ohms
- Sensitivity: 96dB/mW
- Cord: 9'
- Plug: stereo 3.5mm with gold-plated 1/4" adapter
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
EDIT: Second pair was shipped very quickly. Second pair is working very well. Also: apparently, the plastic headband on these phones is meant to replaceable instead of sending the whole phones back. Maybe next time I'll try that. But I still say the headband I had first time around should have lasted longer. We'll see how this round goes.
- sound isolation: pretty good, dogs can be barking in the house and it sounds like a very muffled distant bark
- speaker quality: "ok". limited sound range and quality compared to better headphones.
- comfort: "ok". but for any brand that cups your ears, ears get hot/sweaty with prolonged use (perhaps cloth between the ears/headphone could prolong endurance? I haven't tried it yet)
- very cleanable: all the surfaces are plastic or rubber except the speaker cloth, so if you're in an industrial work environment, that's a plus
- each ear cup has a wire coming off of it, which is kind of in the way and annoying
- there is no "left/right" wording. the inside of one ear is red and the other is black. the red is the right.
- there is no wording or branding on it at all
- simple clunky injection molded
overall I'd say:
if you're going to spend more than 30-40 on headphones, go with something better.
I really disappointed and will not be buying these again.
I want constant sound isolation. These headphones failed at that.
Context: I have an anxiety disorder, and sudden sounds freak me out. I need a white noise machine for any chance at sleeping- and a dedicated one, not just a fan. I have a collection of websites and playlists for background noises to drown outside sounds. I'm always shopping for good headphones. If I don't get it right, I'll jump out of my skin over practically nothing.
I told you that, to tell you this:
These headphones were amazing.
They blocked outside sound more than any other set of headphones I've used before. Even without any sound playing, they were as good as earmuffs. I've only bought in this price range, so I can't speak to more expensive headphones. What I can tell you is that someone who is extremely sensitive to sound thought these were heaven.
So why did I give them two stars?
Because they lasted about a month and a half.
That's a month and a half of me wearing them almost every waking hour. That's a lot more demanding than the average person, so you might have better luck than I did. If you want sound isolation for occasional use, these are incredible for it.
But just occasional.
For me, as a drummer, I was seeking the sound isolation - they do isolate the sound very well, however, external bass drum sounds created a 'boom' resonance in the headphones that was unusable for me. I believe this resonance was caused by the hard plastic shell of the headphones echoing the the sound into the headphone chamber. I was surprised this happened - some cheaper headphones with softer shells did not exhibit this issue.
Direct sound told me "Amazon is not an authorized Direct Sound dealer. We have no way of verifying the authenticity of the products they off for purchase. There would be no warranty coverage in your case."