Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now
I have Direct TV but no tivo or Dvr installed,,will I still be able to record movies and tv shows to a blank dvd using this machine ?
asked by Amazon Customer on February 12, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 answers
A
Yes indeed, and you can set it for SP, LP and EP for long recording. I do this with l hour series, and programs and then do the SP or LP for movies.
Amazon Customer answered on February 12, 2013
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, I believe so. It functions as a VHS and DVD player. We replaced our DVD player with this one and my husband recorded some cooking show using it. Still haven't transfwerred much data, which was the main reason for buying it.
Judy Chun answered on February 12, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You should be able to as long as you connect your DVR to an external tuner such as a dish or cable box. You have leave the box turned on during recording. You can not watch another channel during this recording.
G J answered on February 12, 2013
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I just looked at the owners manual and it looks like you can record off of the tv, which, is a plus in my opinion. I will sure try it, but, my main purpose for getting the device was VHS transfer to DVD. Good luck.
joann49 answered on February 12, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, your Direct TV receiver can be directed into the recorder so you can do that. To view the program you want to record send the signal out to TV from the recorder. Hope this makes sense to you but read your recorder guide. It will tell you how to do all the hook-ups.
Bett answered on February 15, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I don't believe that you can. This machine can:
1. Transfer VHS recordings to DVD format
2. Play VHS recordings (already recorded to a VHS tape)
3. Play DVD recordings (Already recorded to a DVD disk)

It is not a machine meant to replace the function of Tivo or DVR.
Pivot Ninja answered on February 12, 2013
Comments (3) | 4 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes indeed.
Amazon Customer answered on February 12, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I didn't keep the Toshiba. It had no tuner. I bought one and attached it and still couldn't get it to work, so I returned everything.
Roger Perkins answered on February 12, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
i don
Mark C. answered on February 28, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I think with the right hookups, yes you can. There are options for setting up daily or weekly recordings. I personally never used this option on my machine but it should be able to record shows/movies from your tv screen to blank dvd disc.

There is possibly a manual you can downliad at the Toshiba website. Not sure though
Mike answered on February 12, 2013
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product