Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services biglittlelies biglittlelies biglittlelies  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

50%
50%
Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-1 of 1 reviews(Verified Purchases). See both reviews
on November 28, 2011
The good is mostly the smartstart feature at a low low price. I bought the PS5000 because I like to have a simple 1 way remote to go with the smartstart option even though I don't care for the alarm features. It works really well and does just what it's supposed to.

The bad:

1) DEI needs to get a status feature. I quite regular will get distracted when I go to start my car, then I don't remember if I actually finished the task at hand or not. My absent-mindedness is no benefit here, but a status feature seems like it would be a simple thing to build in.
2) I've not done too many DEI units. The silly relay pack is a nuissance as is the need to have a door trigger and siren or horn to program the unit.

The seller and shipping were great. The unit works just as advertised, I have a hard time giving it 5 stars though for the reasons listed above. Still I'd choose this unit over any others on the market and certainly at this price.