About the Product
- DiRT2 enables players to pick their favorite rides and drive them across multiple disciplines.
- Multiple race disciplines, encompassing the best that modern off-roading has to offer and fueled by the 3rd generation of Codemasters' world-renowned EGO Engine technology.
- DiRT 2 will take players on a World Tour to compete in aggressive multi-car and intense solo race events in the most diverse and challenging real-world environments. Career paths will span the globe.
- Events include exhilarating rally cross in the massive Los Angeles sports stadium's 'Stadium King Shootout', edge-of-control canyon racing of Utah's 'Creek Trailblazer' event and the 'Rawang Rally Run' along Malaysian rainforest tracks.
- DiRT 2 invites players to become part of an extreme sports community, with full online multiplayer race events and community integration across multiple disciplines.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
+ Beautiful scenery and geometry
+ Overall great racing game
+ Very stable (never crashed once)
- No snow tracks. The last rally game I bought was exclusively because it had snow tracks. Snow is beautiful and an integral part of rally. How could they miss this?
- Need to sign up for a Windows Live Account to play online
- Annoying unnecessary & unskippable animations (I don't want to have to go from each gig scenery to my trailer every time I finish a race) in the menu AND at the beginning of each race (I don't care about who the AI thinks is the favorite to win the race).
- Game controller vibration feedback not supported, can't call the pause menu with controller buttons and I can't navigate in the main menu with it. (I use the most popular game controller.)
If you want this to be a simulation of dirt racing, you will be a little bit disappointed without a doubt. And if you wanted nothing but loads of point-to-point rally racing, you will also have to keep waiting for such a game to be released. But if you're going to avoid the game because of those reasons alone, it's your loss really, as you're missing out on some pretty fun action. I know it has legendary Colin McRae's name on the title (at least in the European editions), but suffice it to say the 'realness' aspects of the game make it seem like it should be Dave Mirra's name instead. That's not a potshot, it's just what the game is intended to be: intense action sports in a X-Games sense, in this case in the form of off-road driving.
There are a little over half a dozen classes of cars to race off road with, and no shortage of liveries. From Robby Gordon's Hummer H3 complete with the Monster Energy logos to Colin McRae's No Fear ride -- you will have plenty to choose from as you finish the game's main campaign called the 'Dirt Tour'.Read more ›
The graphics on this game are amazing! The cars look fantastic and the dust kicked up by cars in front of you are so realistic looking. I find myself losing concentration at times and just enjoying the graphics.
I think the PC version on a decent PC looks better than the PS3 version.
As far as game play I haven't tried the online mode so cannot comment on that but playing against the computer opponents is pretty fun. The realism seems to be just right (you can set the level - I have it set to Serious). I am not a hard core simulation person but I immensely dislike arcade style driving games. This game is way above an arcade style game. The force feedback effects are great. You can really tell when you are losing grip on the front end because of loose gravel.
Anyway, a very well done game. Keep up the good work Codemasters!
Additional - I have to say that with most every game I have come across there are issues. Many times the issues are ones that we "gamers" have brought upon ourselves. Anyone with some money and enough knowhow to slap components together thinks they are computer gurus and many times they/we shoot ourselves in the foot.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Like this better than dirt 3. Try it you will like it. I use a Thrustmaster Ferrari GTExperince racing Wheel. works wonderfull.Published 19 months ago by Phillip D. Worrell
I played this game when it first came out, now I'm playing the PC version with GFX settings maxed out, it looks fantastic and using an Xbox controller an receiver, the controls are... Read morePublished on May 25, 2014 by Mike
this game is a great game or so you would like it very much what can I say this a good gamePublished on March 23, 2014 by michael
If you have a really good wheel then this game is the best! Once you learn how to use the emergency brake to initiate a drift you really get into this game. Read morePublished on March 16, 2014 by J.
This product its excellent just what i expected. 100% original i really recomended if you are looking for this this is a nice optionPublished on January 25, 2014 by christian