FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
& FREE Shipping
About the Product
- DiRT 3 delivers mud, sweat and gears the world over: from the intense weather-beaten rally stages of Europe, Africa and the US
- The game boasts more cars, more locations, more routes and more events than any other game in the series
- Rally returns with more than double the amount of the content.
- Gamers can test their car control to the very limi and drift, spin-dry and jump their way to stardom in all new Gymkhana events.
- For the first time in the Dirt series, players will enjoy the unique and exhilarating spectacle of racing on snow.
- Multi-stage rallyes are set at classic locations from the traditional rally heartland of Scandinavia to to the jungles of Kenya
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Amazon.com Product Description
Dirt 3 is a popular rally racing game for PlayStation 3 that combines the feel of fast-paced arcade style racing action across multiple surfaces and environments with realistic features found on real off-road circuits. The third release in the acclaimed off-road racing franchise, Dirt 3 features a range of racing and driving disciplines at spectacular locations, more than 100 routes, the finest selection of licensed action-sports racing cars, multistage rallies set at classic locations, exhilarating snow racing action and mesmerizing Gymkhana race events.
More Cars, More Locations, More Everything
Dirt 3 boasts more cars, more locations, more routes and more events than any other game in the series, including over 50 rally cars representing the very best from five decades of the sport. With more than double the track content of 2009's hit, Dirt 3 will see players start at the top as a professional driver, with a topflight career in competitive off-road racing complimented by the opportunity to express themselves in Gymkhana-style showpiece driving events. As players race to elevate their global standing, Dirt 3 delivers mud, sweat and gears the world over: from the intense weather-beaten rally stages of Europe, Africa and the US, to executing performance driving showcases and career challenges where car control is pushed to spectacular limits.
Key Game Features
- Be a Pro - Dirt 3 puts players in the racing boots of a professional motorsports athlete. The beaten up RV of Dirt 2 is a thing of the past as gamers compete against stars including Ken Block and Kris Meeke across a range of racing and driving disciplines at spectacular locations across the world.
- More, More, More - Dirt 3 boasts more cars, more locations, more routes and more events than any other game in the Dirt series. There are now 100+ routes in the game compared to Dirt 2's 41. Dirt 3 offers the finest selection of licensed action-sports racing cars available and the largest line up to feature in any Codemasters racing game, including cars that represent 5 decades of rallying from classics like the Mini Cooper and Audi Quattro to Ken Block's rally spec Ford Fiesta.
- Rally is Back - After consulting fan-feedback, reviews and performing exhaustive data mining, the standout event from Dirt 2, Rally, returns with more than double the amount of content. Multistage rallies are set at classic locations from the traditional rally heartland of Scandinavia to the jungles of Kenya and the forests of Europe and the USA, taking players to the most dramatic, inhospitable and exciting terrain on the planet where only the most fearless drivers race.
- Express Yourself with Gymkhana - The 15 million-plus YouTube phenomenon pioneered by Ken Block now powerslides into to Dirt 3. Gamers can test their car control to the very limit and drift, spin-dry and jump their way to stardom in all new Gymkhana events. Set in specially created arenas packed with props, players can practice their skills, chain together moves, complete challenges or hang out online with friends in this spectacular video game first.
- Let It Snow - For the first time in the Dirt series, players will enjoy the unique and exhilarating spectacle of racing on snow. A highly advanced particle and physics model powers snow that builds up on the track, wheel tread and the car as it falls more heavily throughout the race. As players drive they will feel the change in the handling as the snow compacts at different rates depending on your speed, angle and cornering. This best-in-class feature delivers truly jaw-dropping visual and performance effects.
A franchise first, snow racing.
Unique Gymkhana events.
Top Customer Reviews
Casual, Intermediate, Expert?:
First off this is a racing simulation with a casual mode that helps you out. Basically the 3 modes allow for you to turn on features that help you drive. Expert mode will allow you to do tail kick-out turns whereas casual helps you make the turns more efficiently. Casual mode is for the person that just wants to play and doesn't care about the "realness" of the game. Expert will allow you to tweak the cars feel to your exact requirements. So its basically up to you to pick one you can stick with. If a track requires drifting I will put it on intermediate, if not its pretty hard to compete that way and for some races I will go casual. This is after me nailing Expert on Dirt 2. So its a much more realistic game. Problem is Intermediate is a bit too hard and casual is almost a joke too easy so I have had to go into the sub menu and adjust the settings a bit to make my own level somewhere in-between.
Dirt2 had the most realistic graphics I had ever seen in a driving game to date. Dirt3 somehow improves this by even more details. The dust, the rocks, the scenery. It all pops on the screen.Read more ›
There are six main race modes:
rally- point to point racing where you have a co-driver helping you navigate to the finish line.
trailblazer- point to point racing where no co-driver assists you and faster vehicles are available.
head2head- You are on a track and you race another driver (with no contact possible).
Landrush- You race around a track in either trucks or buggies (full contact).
RallyCross- You race around a track in cars (full contact).
Gymkhana- You perform "tricks" to gain points to beat the competition.
To me, only the first two count as rally but a fair amount of time is given to each racing mode. Head2head, Landrush, and rallycross offer a nice variety to the mix and keep things fresh. And Gymkhana....Read more ›
The graphics are top notch and up there with any racing games including Forza and GT5 which are known for there graphics. Damage model in this game cannot be beat, cars take damage and it can either be cosmetic or cause effects to your car based on your settings.
Fun factor is off the chart for me. Besides the regular awesome events which have tons of variations like snow rain time of day surface your racing on type of vehicle car, truck, or buggy. There are Gymkhana events which are extemely challenging and fun. When you pull off the moves perfectly and get a platinum medal you def feel like you have acomplished something. These events seem to be love or hate. They are required to complete your career mode but are very easy to get a bronze or silver medal and move on if they are not your cup of tea. But if you like or love the events such as myself you can challenge yourself to get platinum.
Controls are the perfect mesh of a sim and an arcade racer fun and responsive but weighty and technical. This game controls like a dream.
The menu's and user interface are slick and classy.
The sound is top notch there is no music when racing and no custom soundtrack on PS3 which is a conscious decision I beleive by the developers because they want you to apprecieate the sound of the engine and the gravel kick up as your tires spin out. The music that plays while in the menus and during loading is nice and add to the slick cool feeling you get when navigating the menus.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Didn't care for it because I am old school when it comes to games. Ended up giving it to my 13 year old nephewPublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
My boyfriend wanted this when we first moved in together.. I couldn't afford it at the time..
So around Christmas of (2015) I got it for him.. He was very happy and excited.! Read more
My 23 yr old son has had this game now 3 days and has not stopped playing in his free time. His 5 yr old brother also likes playing and with ease. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Heather P
This is one of the BEST driving games of all time! While dirt 1 had a few issues, Dirt 2 and Dirt 3 are awesome! Read morePublished 7 months ago by J. Wallace