Top critical review
111 people found this helpful
Plugged it in, turned it on and BOOOOOOOMM--MY OUTLET EXPLODES!!!!!!!
on December 14, 2015
The day after the vacuum arrived, after I had used it only a couple times, I went to vacuum my kitchen. I plugged the vacuum into an outlet I've used many times before with no issues and the second I turned the vacuum on a huge spark shot out of the outlet and THE OUTLET LITERALLY EXPLODED (see pictures). I quickly turned the vacuum off and as a large cloud of thick black smoke arose from the now blackened outlet, the circuit tripped, thankfully avoiding what would've been, and what still might have been an electrical fire inside my wall!!!! I waited in the dark watching the outlet for any sign of a fire. The metal on the vacuum's plug had been partially melted by the catastrophe so I couldn't use it again if I wanted to. And it gets worse; shipping the vacuum back to Amazon to get a replacement would cost about the same amount as it would to simply buy a new one! I'm already going to have to get an electrician to fix the outlet, so paying even more for the vacuum that caused an explosion in my house does not sound appealing.