Industrial Deals HPC Trade in your textbooks Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by Luke Bryan STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 10, 2016
This is the perfect vacuum for all of us casual, type-B cleaners out there. I've had it for a year and it still runs as well as the first day I got. Do I clean rigorously with it every week? Of course not, I'm the type of person who buys a $20 vacuum. But it's perfect for that special monthly once-over I give my apartment to feel like a decent human again. I use it on hardwood, carpet, rugs, the couch, my dog, whatever.

Great for:
- Cleaning up your two-bedroom apartment once a month before your parents come to visit
- Sucking up all the hair up off the bathroom floor so you don't have to mop (because who has time to mop)
- Vacuuming your couch cushions because you love eating pizza on the couch (the handle also comes off to make this easier but it's so lightweight that I'm like who cares, I just stand on the couch with the whole thing still intact)

Not good for:
- Cleaning up every week after your 6 children and 2 golden retrievers
- The type of person who loves to "entertain"
- Cleaning your 3 story house that is wall-to-wall carpet

Bonus:
- The cord is really long so not a lot of unplugging/replugging needs to happen (great if you're lazy)
- There are gizmos and gadgets like the handle pops off and there's a skinny nozzle that you can attach if you want to create a more "fancy" vacuuming experience (I don't bother because attaching/detaching stuff seems like a lot of work, but it could be fun for you)
- It's extremely lightweight which makes the thought of vacuuming 100 times easier since you don't have the dreaded "ugh I have to drag that giant monster out of the closet" experience.
5150+ comments| 2,409 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 26, 2016
I don't move anywhere without this vacuum. I've used it for 3+ years and can definitely say it works as well or better than bigger, more powerful household vacuums -- as long as you regularly empty the dirt cup and give the filter inside a good rinsing. I lived in with 2 massive Siberian Huskies who were blowing their coats, meaning piles, and piles, and piles of fur littered EVERYWHERE. This allowed me to clean up their daily shedding in a pinch, and even vacuum it from the dogs directly. The narrow attachment is great for cleaning up dirt and dust along the baseboards of a room, on windowsills, and corners.
review image
11 comment| 425 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 10, 2015
This was probably the most awesome Christmas gift I could have ever given my 4 year old. She wanted a vacuum like mommy's. I looked at all of the toy vacuums and some how came across this beauty. The toy vacuums cost more and did less than this little dirt devil. It is the perfect height and weight for her. Instead of pretending to vacuum, she actually is vacuuming. WIN! WIN!
review image
1919 comments| 1,758 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 27, 2015
I have to admit I did not have high expectations for this product. In fact, I figured I would probably end up returning it. However, now that I have owned and used this product for two months I feel it's fair to say this is an exceptionally great product for the price and what it is configured to do. I would recommend this product. PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT A NORMAL VACUUM! It is simply a day to day sweeper that can do small jobs such as corners, small area rugs, entry ways, and some hard to reach areas. THIS IS A "DUST BUSTER" with a floor attachment, handle and corner attachment. The handle is a perfect height/length for me (5'5"). It is not battery operated or rechargeable like a Swiffer Sweeper, but the cord is quite long and I have no trouble reaching the top of the stairs with it. The dirt container is bagless and can easily be emptied with the click of a release button. The floor attachment and corner/crevice attachment are also easily removed or connected as they fit into the end of the main unit (dust buster). It is not extremely loud but it isn't quiet either. The suction power is perfect and powerful for bare floors and small area rugs. I find the suction is greater and does a better job than my swiffer sweeper. I do daily clean-ups with this stick vacuum and it picks up the fur from my two large weimaraners along with all the dirt, sand, and dust they carried in. Many reviews rated this vacuum low but I highly disagree. This product is fairly inexpensive and so for the price (I paid $16) I recommend you give it a shot. Hope this helps.
review image
11 comment| 392 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 9, 2015
The Simpli-Stik is pretty much what I paid for--a no-frills, super light-weight vacuum that can pick up glitter off of a carpeted floor. I live in a 900-square-foot little house with wood floors in every room except the living room, so I didn't want to buy an expensive vacuum that I would rarely use. I take care of the wood with a Swiffer easily enough, and the Simpli-Stik is similar in weight and maneuverability.

The suction is so-so, but good enough for hair and loose glitter and such. It can pick up some larger objects, if they're light. It would not be strong enough to pick up anything viscous or anything stuck to a hard surface. It's supposed to be a 3-in-1, but really I think its best setup is with the long blade attachment, then as a rolling vacuum, then as a dust-buster
review image
22 comments| 493 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 14, 2017
This is a must. My husband didn't want to get it because we already have two full sized vacuums (one for gross jobs and another for the house), but we had one of these growing up and it was so useful. We primarily use it to clean the kitchen, which has high traffic and gets dirty fast and in the bathroom to clean up all my hair.

It's very lightweight and also comes with a long skinny attachment for hard to reach places (or corners). It works well on our tile, hardwood and carpet, but if anything is in the corner or is down in the carpet it's harder to get. So it's just for a quick, light clean, like crumbs under the dinner table.

The chord is pretty long and I've never had an issue with the chord length.

It's easy to clean- just open and empty out. I had to wash the filter once because my husband vacuumed up something wet and it started to smell. We washed it and let it air dry, no problems.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 24, 2015
Works great for very small spaces, but for anything else it would take a lot of passes to get the whole floor.It would be perfect for a dorm room if there were no maid service to clean the floors Also the handle is a little on the short side for my taste. I'm 5'4'' and it would be much more comfortable to use if were several inches longer. Suction is good, though, and it's good for getting into small spaces and the versatility of the hand vac part of it is great.

Overall, though, I wish I had bought another Swiffer Vac which is what I was replacing when I bought this. The Swiffer Vac is much wider at the bottom and the swivel feature of it makes it so much easier to do a larger area quickly. Also the cordless feature is really nice for a quick run over the floors. We had one Swiffer Vac that lasted a few years, and the other lasted about 7 or 8 years.

I would return this, but the shipping is half of the price of the vac, so I'll just enjoy its features. It is good for keeping in a bathroom to quickly get up hair, etc.
on May 1, 2015
I'm divorced, and share an apartment with 2 small parrots.
As such, the most a stick-vac has to deal with is facial hair from shaving, grit from my shoes, fuzz from my socks, some scattered bird seed and an occasional small feather.

Previously, I had the Bissell 3-in-1, which had awesome suction power...but, was poorly designed, and badly manufactured.
This Dirt Devil has just enough power for these very basic needs; and, that's too bad, as it so well designed and put together.
For example: whereas the Bissell would suck up seed when within a few inches of it, I have to roll the Dirt Devil directly over the seed...slowly...before it vacuums it up. Another quibble is that the handle is at least 3" too short. I am 6' 3", and have to stoop quite a bit in order to use the vacuum.

On the plus side:
-very well constructed
-all parts lock in securely, and don't come loose during use
-it has a long cord, which let's me vacuum all 13 steps coming up into my apartment

If this vacuum had more power, I would luv it. Because of the high quality of the overall unit, I like it well enough to keep, and recommend to anyone needing a stick vac for very light use.
on November 3, 2016
Ok so I live in a 1x1 upstairs apartment. I have laminate flooring throughout the whole place except the bedroom. The bedroom and walk-in closet is carpet, and I have a 5x8ft rug in my living room. I bought this for the price and size, because I didn't want to spend over a hundred dollars on a big clunky vacuum that I only use bi weekly for a small part of my apartment. This vacuum is definitely lightweight and small in size for easy storage, but I guess you do get what you pay for. The vacuum doesn't suction very well. I have a cat (short haired coat), and I have to go over the rug slowly and several times to pick up all the hair and whatever dust or dirt accumulates on it. It does well in my bedroom because it is not a place of heavy foot traffic, and my kitty isn't allowed in there. So overall, it works, but it's not the greatest. It barely gets the job done. If you would need it for more than a few rugs and one room of carpet, you will have a hard time because it would take a while, and you would need to empty the filter frequently.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 2, 2013
For only 20 bucks, I can't complain.

I read the reviews online and knew that the suction wasn't going to be great, but since I only needed it for my dorm room, and am on a college budget it seemed like the best option.

Of course I have to go over spots on my rug a few times, but for $20 this thing is great.

***Just remember to empty it after each use, cleaning the filter really helps the suction power.