STEM Libros en Español GNO

Showing 1-10 of 10,953 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 11,835 reviews
on December 10, 2016
This is the perfect vacuum for all of us casual, type-B cleaners out there. I've had it for a year and it still runs as well as the first day I got. Do I clean rigorously with it every week? Of course not, I'm the type of person who buys a $20 vacuum. But it's perfect for that special monthly once-over I give my apartment to feel like a decent human again. I use it on hardwood, carpet, rugs, the couch, my dog, whatever.

Great for:
- Cleaning up your two-bedroom apartment once a month before your parents come to visit
- Sucking up all the hair up off the bathroom floor so you don't have to mop (because who has time to mop)
- Vacuuming your couch cushions because you love eating pizza on the couch (the handle also comes off to make this easier but it's so lightweight that I'm like who cares, I just stand on the couch with the whole thing still intact)

Not good for:
- Cleaning up every week after your 6 children and 2 golden retrievers
- The type of person who loves to "entertain"
- Cleaning your 3 story house that is wall-to-wall carpet

Bonus:
- The cord is really long so not a lot of unplugging/replugging needs to happen (great if you're lazy)
- There are gizmos and gadgets like the handle pops off and there's a skinny nozzle that you can attach if you want to create a more "fancy" vacuuming experience (I don't bother because attaching/detaching stuff seems like a lot of work, but it could be fun for you)
- It's extremely lightweight which makes the thought of vacuuming 100 times easier since you don't have the dreaded "ugh I have to drag that giant monster out of the closet" experience.
4848 comments| 1,293 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 10, 2015
This was probably the most awesome Christmas gift I could have ever given my 4 year old. She wanted a vacuum like mommy's. I looked at all of the toy vacuums and some how came across this beauty. The toy vacuums cost more and did less than this little dirt devil. It is the perfect height and weight for her. Instead of pretending to vacuum, she actually is vacuuming. WIN! WIN!
review image
1212 comments| 1,352 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 26, 2016
I don't move anywhere without this vacuum. I've used it for 3+ years and can definitely say it works as well or better than bigger, more powerful household vacuums -- as long as you regularly empty the dirt cup and give the filter inside a good rinsing. I lived in with 2 massive Siberian Huskies who were blowing their coats, meaning piles, and piles, and piles of fur littered EVERYWHERE. This allowed me to clean up their daily shedding in a pinch, and even vacuum it from the dogs directly. The narrow attachment is great for cleaning up dirt and dust along the baseboards of a room, on windowsills, and corners.
review image
0Comment| 106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 27, 2015
I have to admit I did not have high expectations for this product. In fact, I figured I would probably end up returning it. However, now that I have owned and used this product for two months I feel it's fair to say this is an exceptionally great product for the price and what it is configured to do. I would recommend this product. PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT A NORMAL VACUUM! It is simply a day to day sweeper that can do small jobs such as corners, small area rugs, entry ways, and some hard to reach areas. THIS IS A "DUST BUSTER" with a floor attachment, handle and corner attachment. The handle is a perfect height/length for me (5'5"). It is not battery operated or rechargeable like a Swiffer Sweeper, but the cord is quite long and I have no trouble reaching the top of the stairs with it. The dirt container is bagless and can easily be emptied with the click of a release button. The floor attachment and corner/crevice attachment are also easily removed or connected as they fit into the end of the main unit (dust buster). It is not extremely loud but it isn't quiet either. The suction power is perfect and powerful for bare floors and small area rugs. I find the suction is greater and does a better job than my swiffer sweeper. I do daily clean-ups with this stick vacuum and it picks up the fur from my two large weimaraners along with all the dirt, sand, and dust they carried in. Many reviews rated this vacuum low but I highly disagree. This product is fairly inexpensive and so for the price (I paid $16) I recommend you give it a shot. Hope this helps.
review image
11 comment| 246 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2015
The Simpli-Stik is pretty much what I paid for--a no-frills, super light-weight vacuum that can pick up glitter off of a carpeted floor. I live in a 900-square-foot little house with wood floors in every room except the living room, so I didn't want to buy an expensive vacuum that I would rarely use. I take care of the wood with a Swiffer easily enough, and the Simpli-Stik is similar in weight and maneuverability.

The suction is so-so, but good enough for hair and loose glitter and such. It can pick up some larger objects, if they're light. It would not be strong enough to pick up anything viscous or anything stuck to a hard surface. It's supposed to be a 3-in-1, but really I think its best setup is with the long blade attachment, then as a rolling vacuum, then as a dust-buster
review image
22 comments| 428 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 5, 2016
I was not expecting much from this vacuum as I just paid 20 bucks . But it relatively live upto my expectation . It work fine on both carpet and hard floor though because of its size you may have to run multiple time. To keep it effective you may have to keep cleaning it dirt filter. Which I don't mind. I live in New York in 2 bedroom apartment with mostly wooden floor and some decorative carpet in my bedroom and living room and this small vacuum do its job without occupying much of space. I hang it with reset of my cleaning equipment on hanger .

pros :

1. It is dame light . I mean weight never make you fatigue even you work with it for more than hour. I use it to vacuum my car after long weekend trip and it did it job without making me tired.
2. It takes no more space than broom or wipe. Thats big problem with people who live in small apartment.
3. It literally pick dirt from small corner . I use it pick food in between my car seat and storage box which has 2 inch of gap. Below my car seat which has 3-4 inch gap. Thats amazing.
4. Detachable handle makes it handy vacuum for top of selves sofa, coffee table , Kitchen top and motor is powerful enough to pick any non stick dirt.
5. Light weight makes single hand operation so easy

Cons.

1. You have to clean filter multiple time but I think that trade off of being small form factor . If you don't do then it started affecting suction power.
2. I wish Dirt devil included carpet cleaner roller brush with this model. That would have made this vacuum so complete.
3. I wish they would have double motor size in this form factor to increase suction capability. That would have made this the real dirt devil .
4. Very few company thing of small apartment in their mind while designing these household product. I love form factor I want more tool and little more power.
on February 15, 2017
I recently had Congoleum LV tile installed in my kitchen. It is considerably lighter in color then my previous sheet vinyl flooring but I now have grout lines to deal with. Sweeping was okay, but dirt would collect in the grout lines and brooms tend to fray causing dirt and debris to collect in the bristles. The more I swept, the more came out of the broom. I decided a needed a better cleaning product. I searched for a small vacuum and was surprised to find the Dirt Devil for $20. How well could this thing work, especially when other reviewers are buying them for small children to play with? (so cute, by the way). The more reviews I read, the more intrigued I became. So I ordered it on my husband's Prime account so I could get it quickly. I received it in two days as promised. When I opened it, I thought it is a toy. It's lightweight and it popped together in no time. No way could this do much of anything, I thought. I decided to try it out on my new floor after a day of coming and going. What did I have to lose? I did a large kitchen area, mud room and laundry room. The first thing I noticed was how easy it was to vacuum under the edge of the kitchen counters and appliances. It also reached in corners my broom could not. Secondly, I could navigate between my heavy bar chairs and dining chairs without moving them. I also have quite a few plants on wooden plant stands and this little vacuum reached around and under without a problem. Finally I vacuumed my new area rugs with ease. I checked the dirt cup and was pretty surprised at how much was picked up considering I had just swept the day before. So needless to say, this vacuum works for the reasons I bought it and for reasons I never thought of. This Dirt Devil vacuum can also be used as a hand vacuum and has a crevice tool attached. Storage is easy. I stands where my old broom use to. If you wan to clean a large home, this is not the vacuum to buy. To use in place of a broom on tile or hardwood and low nap area rugs, it worked for me.
on January 26, 2017
I purchased this for a 2 bedroom apartment where there is only carpet in the bedrooms. I was honestly very skeptical when it arrived because it is very small and looks like a toy. But once I tried it I was very please with this purchase! It has good suction and picks up all of the dirt. It has 4 options so that you can choose the suction attachment that fits your needs. I wouldn't recommend this for a largely carpeted house or to clean up after pets, but for an apartment with minimal carpet it is perfect!
on August 11, 2016
I've been a fan of Dirt Devil for many years because of their consistent well-made cleaning products and fair pricing. I've had a Dirt Devil Breeze Upright for 10 years, use it for all my carpets, never had a problem with it. I'd been looking for a lightweight yet powerful "stick" type vac and saw it had such great reviews...yet it looked so small and inefficient to me. But I decided to purchase because of my previous experiences with this brand, knowing I could return it. As soon as I saw the small box it arrived in, my spirits sank. Surely this was a child's vacuum!
It went together in no time and off I went...seriously. This lil' DD practically rolled itself across my linoleum and laminate floors, picking up EVERYTHING in its path; dog hair, crumbs, grass, etc. I was done in no time.
I am amazed and so happy I chose this vacuum. It's perfect for me, a senior lady who isn't very strong due to illnesses and surgeries. It truly DOES the job, and believe me, I'm picky about how clean my house is!
Dirt Devil SD20000RED Simpli-Stik Lightweight Bagless Stick Vacuum - Corded
on March 25, 2017
I have a two bedroom apartment with hardwood floors. We were operating with a hand-me-down vacuum, probably from the '80's or early '90's: huge, loud, all of the attachments, clunky… I hated it. My boyfriend will clean the entire apartment top to bottom if asked, but he refuses to vacuum because he also hates the vacuum. So I started looking for something skinny and lightweight. While we don't have any pets, my long, brown hair sheds like crazy and is clearly visible. This little sucker is perfect! It arrived this morning and I just did a test vacuum of all the dustiest places and it works like a charm! I was concerned when I opened it because the parts feel cheap. Really this is a handheld vacuum with nifty attachments. It's easy to put together and take apart. It's very lightweight and very maneuverable. Our second bedroom, which we setup as a media room, is small. Using a full size vacuum in there has always been a challenge. Using this little guy was a breeze! No more banging into furniture! It picks up hair and dust bunnies without issue. On our cowhide area rug I did need to go back and forth a few times more than with a normal vacuum because there's no roller to brush through the hide. Still, it's preferable to standing strategically on the hide because it would lift into the roller of the full size vacuum. It's much gentler it, which is a good thing. I have a large low carpet sample that I use as a mat before entering into are bedroom. It vacuumed the piece well, but not great. I honestly would not recommend this to anyone who has wall-to-wall carpet. If you have hard floors, though, and primarily need to vacuum dust and hair this is the solution for you! I also tested thin plastic wrappers, paper straw wrappers and feathers and they were cleaned up easily. So happy I finally bought this! I never thought I'd get this excited over a vacuum!