Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon startrek startrek startrek  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on December 10, 2016
This is the perfect vacuum for all of us casual, type-B cleaners out there. I've had it for a year and it still runs as well as the first day I got. Do I clean rigorously with it every week? Of course not, I'm the type of person who buys a $20 vacuum. But it's perfect for that special monthly once-over I give my apartment to feel like a decent human again. I use it on hardwood, carpet, rugs, the couch, my dog, whatever.

Great for:
- Cleaning up your two-bedroom apartment once a month before your parents come to visit
- Sucking up all the hair up off the bathroom floor so you don't have to mop (because who has time to mop)
- Vacuuming your couch cushions because you love eating pizza on the couch (the handle also comes off to make this easier but it's so lightweight that I'm like who cares, I just stand on the couch with the whole thing still intact)

Not good for:
- Cleaning up every week after your 6 children and 2 golden retrievers
- The type of person who loves to "entertain"
- Cleaning your 3 story house that is wall-to-wall carpet

Bonus:
- The cord is really long so not a lot of unplugging/replugging needs to happen (great if you're lazy)
- There are gizmos and gadgets like the handle pops off and there's a skinny nozzle that you can attach if you want to create a more "fancy" vacuuming experience (I don't bother because attaching/detaching stuff seems like a lot of work, but it could be fun for you)
- It's extremely lightweight which makes the thought of vacuuming 100 times easier since you don't have the dreaded "ugh I have to drag that giant monster out of the closet" experience.
5150+ comments| 2,602 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 26, 2016
I don't move anywhere without this vacuum. I've used it for 3+ years and can definitely say it works as well or better than bigger, more powerful household vacuums -- as long as you regularly empty the dirt cup and give the filter inside a good rinsing. I lived in with 2 massive Siberian Huskies who were blowing their coats, meaning piles, and piles, and piles of fur littered EVERYWHERE. This allowed me to clean up their daily shedding in a pinch, and even vacuum it from the dogs directly. The narrow attachment is great for cleaning up dirt and dust along the baseboards of a room, on windowsills, and corners.
review image
22 comments| 482 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 10, 2015
This was probably the most awesome Christmas gift I could have ever given my 4 year old. She wanted a vacuum like mommy's. I looked at all of the toy vacuums and some how came across this beauty. The toy vacuums cost more and did less than this little dirt devil. It is the perfect height and weight for her. Instead of pretending to vacuum, she actually is vacuuming. WIN! WIN!
review image
1919 comments| 1,825 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 27, 2015
I have to admit I did not have high expectations for this product. In fact, I figured I would probably end up returning it. However, now that I have owned and used this product for two months I feel it's fair to say this is an exceptionally great product for the price and what it is configured to do. I would recommend this product. PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT A NORMAL VACUUM! It is simply a day to day sweeper that can do small jobs such as corners, small area rugs, entry ways, and some hard to reach areas. THIS IS A "DUST BUSTER" with a floor attachment, handle and corner attachment. The handle is a perfect height/length for me (5'5"). It is not battery operated or rechargeable like a Swiffer Sweeper, but the cord is quite long and I have no trouble reaching the top of the stairs with it. The dirt container is bagless and can easily be emptied with the click of a release button. The floor attachment and corner/crevice attachment are also easily removed or connected as they fit into the end of the main unit (dust buster). It is not extremely loud but it isn't quiet either. The suction power is perfect and powerful for bare floors and small area rugs. I find the suction is greater and does a better job than my swiffer sweeper. I do daily clean-ups with this stick vacuum and it picks up the fur from my two large weimaraners along with all the dirt, sand, and dust they carried in. Many reviews rated this vacuum low but I highly disagree. This product is fairly inexpensive and so for the price (I paid $16) I recommend you give it a shot. Hope this helps.
review image
11 comment| 419 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 9, 2015
The Simpli-Stik is pretty much what I paid for--a no-frills, super light-weight vacuum that can pick up glitter off of a carpeted floor. I live in a 900-square-foot little house with wood floors in every room except the living room, so I didn't want to buy an expensive vacuum that I would rarely use. I take care of the wood with a Swiffer easily enough, and the Simpli-Stik is similar in weight and maneuverability.

The suction is so-so, but good enough for hair and loose glitter and such. It can pick up some larger objects, if they're light. It would not be strong enough to pick up anything viscous or anything stuck to a hard surface. It's supposed to be a 3-in-1, but really I think its best setup is with the long blade attachment, then as a rolling vacuum, then as a dust-buster
review image
22 comments| 506 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 6, 2016
I 1st got this when i was in an apartment with carpet. i read reviews saying this vacuum works on carpet and im a college student,the price is perfect. however, its so tiny and my hair shed a lot, it does little to remove the hair as the suction isnt strong enough. i was a bit disappointed
later when i moved to another place with wooden flooring, its easier to see the hair and this is where i like it better. it sucks all the hair out cleanly. in simple words, it does the job and i'll say it works on floor much better than carpet. i dont have any pets so i cant speak on that, i just need to vacuum the ridiculous amount of hair i shed
PRO: lightweight, easy to move around, works well with hair on floor, affordable
CON: does little work on carpet for me, suction isnt strong and airbag isnt that big but hey its 20 bucks, it does the job
TIPS: remember to clean out the filter bag,its tiny so it fills up and get nasty real fast. i havent clean the filter yet (i didnt know i can wash it), if there's a lot of hair, the suction got stuck and the hair end up sticking on the outside and nothing gets cleaned,so make sure to pull them out and the suction opening is clear so it works best
overall i like it, for a broke college girl who shed lots of hair, it does the job and it looks kinda cute lol
on August 6, 2016
I wouldn't buy this to clean my house with, but I like it okay. It is basically a handheld little vacuum on a stick. I bought it to clean an area for cats that gets a lot of cat litter around it. This thing vacuums up the cat litter. May not last forever, but since it is going to get covered in used cat litter and was $20, I'm not so worried about that as I will get another one. I will say that when you detach it to empty the container, it is a little hard to pop back on. Still, I'll buy again if I need to, though I think that will be some time from now.
What a brilliant solution for those of us with hard floors and a cat!
It is super light weight, picks up cat hair, dust bunnies and grit - even dried cat food.
Very easy to empty and converts to hand held Dirt Devil quickly.
I'm very impressed with this cheap solution to my problem of dust/cat hair collections on laminate flooring.
Also does a decent job on area rugs.
My only problem with this is the power chord is very short and either needs an extension chord or if you have lots of electrical outlets then frequent plugging and unplugging from outlet to outlet - but for the price that's a small issue.
on April 5, 2016
I bought this in September of 2014, which makes it about 18 months old. I really liked it, but it died last night. Out of warranty. Too bad. It was a good stik vac.

I have a Eureka that I bought in 2011 that is still kicking. That makes it almost 6 years old. The crevice tool; is cracked and patched with duck tape. The top and bottom sections are held together by duck tape because the little snap thing wore out. It's noisier than the Dirt Devil. It's also heavier.

But it works. Say no more.

UPDATE: June 12, 2016 - I gave in and bought this guy. That Eureka is so heavy it hurts my arm to use it. The Dirt Devil is so light I have no problem using it.

It does indeed have a chemical odor emitting during use, as other posters have mentioned. I will off-gas in time. Meanwhile, I use with ventilation.
on November 25, 2014
We have two dogs, two cats, and a rotating cast of foster kittens, so our house is pet hair central. We have a high-end Dyson which works great on the carpets, but it's big and heavy to pull out every time there's a little spilled cat litter or a few dust bunnies, and it doesn't work all that well on hard floors. Our downstairs is all either tile, laminate, or polished concrete, and the Dyson is SO loud and obnoxious on the hard surfaces.

This little vacuum is so lightweight there's no temptation to put off cleaning up small messes as they happen, and it's amazingly powerful for the size. It gets up pet hair, cat litter (both clay and the larger silicate kind), cat and dog food, and even picked up shards of a broken glass that were too small to sweep. It's no more difficult than grabbing a broom from the closet, and it's easy to maneuver.

The cup that holds dirt isn't very big, but it's quick and easy to empty it out, and it's nice and deep so it isn't messy to empty- I just pop it out, dump it in the trash as needed, and keep going. Takes less than a minute.

There is no brush on the head of this vacuum, just a rotating rubber blade that helps sweep bits in to the vacuum, so it won't work on anything but the very shortest pile carpet (and then only for larger refuse sitting on the surface, not for anything ground in). But for keeping tile, concrete, and laminate floors clean of pet hair, crumbs, and similar messes, this thing is amazing.

This definitely won't replace a regular vacuum if you have carpets, but it might replace your broom!