Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 10, 2016
This is the perfect vacuum for all of us casual, type-B cleaners out there. I've had it for a year and it still runs as well as the first day I got. Do I clean rigorously with it every week? Of course not, I'm the type of person who buys a $20 vacuum. But it's perfect for that special monthly once-over I give my apartment to feel like a decent human again. I use it on hardwood, carpet, rugs, the couch, my dog, whatever.

Great for:
- Cleaning up your two-bedroom apartment once a month before your parents come to visit
- Sucking up all the hair up off the bathroom floor so you don't have to mop (because who has time to mop)
- Vacuuming your couch cushions because you love eating pizza on the couch (the handle also comes off to make this easier but it's so lightweight that I'm like who cares, I just stand on the couch with the whole thing still intact)

Not good for:
- Cleaning up every week after your 6 children and 2 golden retrievers
- The type of person who loves to "entertain"
- Cleaning your 3 story house that is wall-to-wall carpet

Bonus:
- The cord is really long so not a lot of unplugging/replugging needs to happen (great if you're lazy)
- There are gizmos and gadgets like the handle pops off and there's a skinny nozzle that you can attach if you want to create a more "fancy" vacuuming experience (I don't bother because attaching/detaching stuff seems like a lot of work, but it could be fun for you)
- It's extremely lightweight which makes the thought of vacuuming 100 times easier since you don't have the dreaded "ugh I have to drag that giant monster out of the closet" experience.
2,159 helpful votes
2,160 helpful votes
5150+ comments|Report abuse
on November 26, 2016
I don't move anywhere without this vacuum. I've used it for 3+ years and can definitely say it works as well or better than bigger, more powerful household vacuums -- as long as you regularly empty the dirt cup and give the filter inside a good rinsing. I lived in with 2 massive Siberian Huskies who were blowing their coats, meaning piles, and piles, and piles of fur littered EVERYWHERE. This allowed me to clean up their daily shedding in a pinch, and even vacuum it from the dogs directly. The narrow attachment is great for cleaning up dirt and dust along the baseboards of a room, on windowsills, and corners.
342 helpful votes
343 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on March 10, 2015
This was probably the most awesome Christmas gift I could have ever given my 4 year old. She wanted a vacuum like mommy's. I looked at all of the toy vacuums and some how came across this beauty. The toy vacuums cost more and did less than this little dirt devil. It is the perfect height and weight for her. Instead of pretending to vacuum, she actually is vacuuming. WIN! WIN!
1,664 helpful votes
1,665 helpful votes
1818 comments|Report abuse
on December 27, 2015
I have to admit I did not have high expectations for this product. In fact, I figured I would probably end up returning it. However, now that I have owned and used this product for two months I feel it's fair to say this is an exceptionally great product for the price and what it is configured to do. I would recommend this product. PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT A NORMAL VACUUM! It is simply a day to day sweeper that can do small jobs such as corners, small area rugs, entry ways, and some hard to reach areas. THIS IS A "DUST BUSTER" with a floor attachment, handle and corner attachment. The handle is a perfect height/length for me (5'5"). It is not battery operated or rechargeable like a Swiffer Sweeper, but the cord is quite long and I have no trouble reaching the top of the stairs with it. The dirt container is bagless and can easily be emptied with the click of a release button. The floor attachment and corner/crevice attachment are also easily removed or connected as they fit into the end of the main unit (dust buster). It is not extremely loud but it isn't quiet either. The suction power is perfect and powerful for bare floors and small area rugs. I find the suction is greater and does a better job than my swiffer sweeper. I do daily clean-ups with this stick vacuum and it picks up the fur from my two large weimaraners along with all the dirt, sand, and dust they carried in. Many reviews rated this vacuum low but I highly disagree. This product is fairly inexpensive and so for the price (I paid $16) I recommend you give it a shot. Hope this helps.
354 helpful votes
355 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on January 9, 2015
The Simpli-Stik is pretty much what I paid for--a no-frills, super light-weight vacuum that can pick up glitter off of a carpeted floor. I live in a 900-square-foot little house with wood floors in every room except the living room, so I didn't want to buy an expensive vacuum that I would rarely use. I take care of the wood with a Swiffer easily enough, and the Simpli-Stik is similar in weight and maneuverability.

The suction is so-so, but good enough for hair and loose glitter and such. It can pick up some larger objects, if they're light. It would not be strong enough to pick up anything viscous or anything stuck to a hard surface. It's supposed to be a 3-in-1, but really I think its best setup is with the long blade attachment, then as a rolling vacuum, then as a dust-buster
475 helpful votes
476 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse
on June 29, 2017
I live in a two bedroom duplex with just an 11 year old and this works for us. We have a low traffic home, no pets (yet), tile and a some rugs throughout the house. I mostly sweep the tile with a broom and use my Dirt Devil on the rugs. It does get out alot of dirt in the rugs. I use it about twice a week and empty the container where the dirt collects once a week. I like the long cord and it was cheap. My dislike is mostly just the short handle. I'm hoping I can get at least a year, hopefully more, from this thing. My last one (different brand) broke. No point having a full vacuum when you don't have carpet.
on November 6, 2016
This is perfect for my carpeted single bedroom apartment. The suction is sufficient to pick up hair and dirt, and I've used it on carpet and tile to good effect. I like the canister design. Many small bagless vacuum cleaners fling dirt and dust out at you when you crack them open for emptying, but the filter of this one is placed so that this cannot happen until you remove it. The filter is small, and I believe it will get clogged with dust after a lot of use, but for a room that doesn't get dirty very fast, I do not believe you could possibly do better for under $20.

Assembly was very easy (jab the handle into the body and fix the head onto the suction port), and the cord is sufficiently long to reach across my living room without being so long that it gets unmanageable.

With the rolling attachment, suction at the very edges is not very strong, and I noticed when running it under the edge of counters that it took multiple passes to encourage it to pick up debris that was sitting in the corner. However, I was still able to get a good result without switching to the narrow hose/nozzle attachment.
on June 6, 2016
This is a nice little vacuum. If you have a smallish space like an apartment this is probably all you need. I originally bought one just to have upstairs in our house so I didn't have to haul the big vacuum up and down. (Which I hardly ever did, so the floor didn't get swept nearly enough as it should, or uhh, hardly ever honestly.) Even though it's basically a little dirt devil hand vac with a big stick on it, it really does a good job! I just brought into our preschool rooms to sweep up during a little remodel project. This thing cleaned up lots of dust, all the little crumbs (and bugs, ew) out of the corners, and even chunks of play dough off of the hardwood floor. I would suggest maybe emptying it out before each use (or after you're done I guess if you are one of those non-lazy proactive types) when you have a large area to clean because the area that holds the stuff you sweep up is not as big as a large vacuum. But I've had it for a few months now & no problems yet!
on April 29, 2016
This little vacuum is awesome. It is perfect for picking up crumbs on the kitchen floor and especially useful for sucking up dog hair from the kitchen and bathrooms. So much easier than a broom and dustpan. It gets in tight areas and can be used as a standard dustbuster, a crevice vacuum or a floor sweeper (crevice tool and floor sweeper attachments are included). The handle is also removable for the times you just want to use it like a hand vac...like when cleaning out your car. But even then you can pop on the crevice tool and get between those hard to reach seats! For the price, you can't beat it. I just love it! There is only one small drawback that kept me from giving it a 5 star rating. And that's the position of the on/off switch. It's a slide switch right at the top of the canister and when you vacuum under beds or short tables, it hits the switch and turns off pretty easily. I'm sure if you went really slow with it you could avoid that but who vacuums that slow? Even with that minor drawback, It's still well worth having around!
on June 24, 2017
A friend told me about this vacuum after she used it while staying with family. I have two cats - one of which was not my idea - and the combination of the two plus litter and my own longish hair = big mess. Between hair and litter scattered everywhere, I was going crazy trying to keep up between regular cleanings.

What it is: This vacuum is quick to use when you have minimal time and has impressively strong suction for an inexpensive hand vac. It picks up hair - might need extra muscle on wall to wall carpet, but it comes up. I accidentally sucked up a mini Bic lighter because I got too close. No roller so no damage - it was safe inside the base. Whoever thought it didn't have power might want to try again. It feels plastic and inexpensive because it IS plastic and inexpensive. I can see why people buy this for kids. It's also short - I don't recommend for anyone taller than 5'6 or so unless you're hunched over. I personally like that it has no roller brush - it goes over my area rugs with ease for quick pick ups.

What it isn't: an expensive European commitment. This vac may not last terribly long, but I don't have high expectations for it. Win / Win.
1 helpful vote