Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Get $5 off book purchases over $20* Use promo code GIFTBOOK17 Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Plus  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

Dirt! The Movie
Format: DVD|Change

on December 17, 2016
This is a little hokey at times and probably runs a bit longer than it should. It does bring up major environmental issues and some solutions. It could do a better job with some explanations (more science and less spiritualism).
on December 6, 2016
Good movie for middle school age students.
on March 7, 2014
My students came in to the classroom yesterday stating "are we going to watch the end of the dirty movie?" This got the attention of a student who was absent. The kids had some fun for a minute and then told him it was a REALLY GOOD MOVIE ABOUT DIRT. I had them backchannel using todaysmeet while watching the movie???the transcript is up for a month: todaysmeet.com/dirtpeck
Excellent movie to begin my food/ag unit. Worth every penny...lots of global perspective as well as thoughts from our own back yard.
on October 16, 2016
I use this film to teach my 5th Grade Students about the importance of protecting and conserving our most valuable resources. The information is so accessible, I turn on the subtitles and use the content of this film just like a textbook, but better!
on June 15, 2012
DIRT is one of the keystone films that I show to my AP Environmental Science students. It addresses one of the most vital topics related to environmental issues today, and that is our treatment of the topsoil. It achieves this with such a happy and optimistic vibe that is unfortunately rare in most enviro Doc's. I wish that everyone on our planet would watch this fun and enlightening film at some point and understand just how precious, mistreated and misunderstood "Dirt" really is.

*Side Note: the internet delivery via Amazon was REALLY bad with this and other films that I showed. Customer service could not help me to figure it out (I'm pretty tech savvy) but hopefully others will not have that experience.
Cheers
on March 25, 2014
We have apparently forgotten the devastation of the 1930s when poor farming methods destroyed the top soil. We are currently destroying our soil at an alarming rate never before seen in human history. Without the soil, we can not survive. We can all do something to help, but it must start now.
on January 14, 2014
What actions humans can take to restore the life of the skin of the planet (Dirt), will also revitalize economic life and health.

Deserts are created by monoculture, pesticides and herbicides (Monsanto's GMO's). The increasingly rapid decline of life on Earth will require diverse human efforts to reclaim the deserts and reverse the destruction. Besides removing pavement and planting food-producing gardens, herding animals on grassland will be a start in that direction.

Additional to Dirt-the-Movie, also "Fresh" attends to similar issues of death and decline vs. renewal and renovation.
on March 17, 2015
Amazing accessable, informative, and engaging. Excellent family viewing. It should be a must-see for all earth science students and intro-level geoscience classes.
The photography and graphics are expertly directed. The scope make the earth's plight tangible, yet manageble for the viewer.
Good on Jamie Curtis for commiting her time in that way. And so glad they included Majora Carter who is an urban, warrior-poet for the earth.

Inspiring in every way.
on July 14, 2015
Been looking for this and found it here! Watched it on TV several years ago and wanted to share it with my grandkids. This is a must for anyone wanting to instill awareness of a variety of issues we are facing right now.....EVEN DIRT!
This is entertaining for all ages and might actually help turning things around before we exhaust our planet's resources.
on December 1, 2013
This is not only educational but has a humorous approach to such an important part of our life. You will never look at dirt the same way again! It is truly a living skin of the earth!