Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 159 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 330 reviews
on March 25, 2017
AC DC...Bon Scott...nothing else needs said
on April 30, 2013
There are very few bands in the 'classic rock' genrer whose music sounds as contemporary today as it did when it was originally released. Led Zeppelin is one of them, for example. They somehow found a formula that not only worked extremely well for them back in the day, but fans still talk about their music today and probably will for many years to come. Well, I think AC/DC is another one of those bands, and this album is a perfect example of that. I mean, most people talk about the 'Back In Black' album even if they have never heard anything else the band has done. But, as far as the overall sound of the album, I believe I could put this one right alongside any of their other albums as one an AC/DC virgin should listen to. Along with the title track, which is one of their classic hits ( which they still do in their concerts to this day), I believe songs like 'Problem Child' and 'Big Balls' could easily have been placed on the 'Back In Black' album without detracting from it at all. Same type of double-entendre lyrics, same awesome riffs and lead guitar by Malcolm and Angus Young , same awesome Brian Johnson vocals, same amazing rhythm section, great mixing and 'in your face' recording,...Same thing all around. Yep, AC/DC has truly found a formula that works as well for them today as it has for over forty years, and fans will be talking about these albums for decades to come. You won't regret buying this album! My personal recommendation: One must ALWAYS!! play AC/DC loud!
on May 3, 2017
Awesome CD. Great shipping speed. Love my seller. I will shop again!
on April 20, 2017
Lots of great songs but the one I like best is Ride On.
on October 30, 2008
4 and a HALF stars

"A CUSTOMER" pretty much hit the nail on the head, very good review. I would only like to add that the start of the editorial review is an insult: "While Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap sounds like every other AC/DC album..." yes there is some merit in this review but not a lot. This album does stand out as one of AC/DC's best ever for a few reasons:

Bon Scott is definitely the master of AC/DC legacy and Brian does not compare despite the great debut Back in Black. So, what work makes this stand out?

Bon started to mature as did the whole band and began to actually set themselves apart as having some diversity in their song writing and sound on this effort. While "A CUSTOMER" pretty much gave a great song for song review simply and straight the fact remains this album has NOTABLE distinction from song to song unlike their debut High Voltage which is raunchy and fun it is very sophomoric in not just the ridiculously misogynistic lyrics but also basic raunchy hard rock riffs that accompany them.

Dirty Deeds stands out as a great leap for the band in many ways for me; they have great memorable songs on this album even if not as well know today as they were 20 years ago but they are all distinctly different lyrically and musically even if Bon was still the overly macho man and often sexist-pig persona this was part of his act and he was living up to his image of a larger than life rock star and this never changed until the day he died. Nonetheless with the exception of the giant lyrical wart "Big Balls" which is not a bad song musically but certainly the worst on the album and maybe of the Bon Scott era but there are songs that have punch, emotion and more than anything a song that to me shows what AC/DC could have been had Bon lived longer on what to me is possibly their best (or at least most unique) song ever RIDE ON which is worth the money alone. Angus is a great guitar player and often overlooked as such but listen to this song and while the simplicity in musicianship is apparent so is the depth of emotion in his playing on this unmistakable blues song that is a huge departure from anything they ever did. Anytime anyone tells me AC/DC never did anything worthwhile I play this song for them which still gives me chills today and has since the first time I really listened to it after I started to play guitar myself and appreciate diversity in music as a mid-teen.

There are other great songs too making this the #1 AC/DC I would recommend to anyone curious or just wanting to get acquainted with the REAL AC/DC.

Long live the larger than life rocker Bon Scott who I loved growing up (even though I was six when this album was released)...Ride On Bon!
on June 13, 2013
I've collected AC/DC music for years. I always have a fond place in my mind for Bon Scott. He had such a unique sound. He'll be missed. When Hell's Bells came out with Brian Johnson as lead, it was new group like Sammie Hagar and Van Halen.
I digress. Bon Scott played it close to cradle robbing in his voice. He was greasy, amoral and would be caught at the local ale house with Malcom and Angus. He never backed down nor the rest of guys. In with the gang. and with Brian Johnson, it'll carry on.
on May 13, 2017
Love album
on June 12, 2014
Without it being some bogus 'Tribute band". This is the real deal! And the remastering makes it sound just a bit better. Not enough to ruin that good old hard raunchy drive that Bon Scott had the boys of AC/DC belting out back in the day. We used to crank these songs up and just get wild. It was a way of life. There were no warnings on this, or political faux pas, or worrying about what the miserable future would bring....it was just Rock n Roll. Simple

And the funny thing is, the reason I hunted this particular album for years was because of one song. My favorite song. And it isn't even a fast song. It doesn't blast you. It was actually kinda sobering. The song was called: Ride On...it's a metaphor that kinda summed up our entire era. The Thing is, even though we were partying to all the great songs on this album, that song would make us all stop and think; nothing lasts forever. AC/DC has been rocking it their OWN way for over thirty five years...on their OWN terms...And they still are.
on November 26, 2012
This is definitely one of ACDC's best Album CDs. All the songs are great. This CD is back from the Bon Scott era of ACDC. All of it is good, but I really enjoy the songs "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" & "Big Balls". In "Big Balls", there is a reference to Jerry Lee Lewis's song "Great Balls of Fire". A lot of people don't know this, but the late/great Bon Scott was a big fan of Jerry Lee Lewis. ACDC even got Jerry Lee to tour Australia with them.

Overall, this is a must have for any ACDC fan!!!!!!!!
on December 9, 2016
Get the original Australian version, it's so much better. It has a much better album cover and 2 different songs, jailbreak and rip (rock in peace). Squealer is the most underrated song the band has ever done and it has the greatest guitar solo