Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 83 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 92 reviews
on July 7, 2014
Stephanie Plum wannabe, pretty much sums up this book. You've got a single Italian woman who goes home to Mom and Dad for food. Her car gets destroyed pretty much as soon as she gets one. She has 2 boyfriends. Now, she's got a pet, A cat, not a hampster, for which I hope she finally will buy some cat food and take it to a vet. Vinnie even has aggravating relatives as Stephanie does, although one of Vinnie's aunts did leave her a house. No Grandma Mazur though and Vinnie's father is horrible in my opinion. Not as likeable as Stephanie's Dad who just keeps his head down and eats his supper. I've read 2 of these and they weren't bad. Vinnie is more competent than Stephanie but also has to be rescued by some man. Stephanie, at least , has a reason to get involved in dangerous activities, but Vinnie is just nosy. I can't stand that "We 've got to investigate" and usually root for the bad guy.
Vinnie is also annoying because she has a friend who is a baker and brings her food and loans her a car, yet I didn't see much reciprocation. At least Stephanie does help Lula out some. Anyway, if you have read all the Stephanie Plum books, this is another possibility.
on February 1, 2017
Great series. Solid mystery with well developed characters. the humor is really fun and the mystery will catch you by surprise. Hope there will be more in this series!
on May 12, 2017
Another fun book in the series! Great characters, interesting plots make for good reading. Vinnie Esposito is a magnet for bad luck and it makes for an interesting story.
on August 17, 2012
This is another light, fun read about Vinny. No matter how hard she tries, trouble seems to find her. It's always interesting how she manages to get out of tight spots. Her aunt in this book is a hoot. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
on January 11, 2014
Loved the first book so much I couldn't wait to download and read the second book to see what trouble Livinia Esposito(Vinnie) could get into. She reminds me of Stephanie Plum but a bit smarter, tougher and stronger. Her family is on the outskirts of the mob in Rhode Island, she teaches Criminal Justice at the University to all the cops in the state and she is involved with a State Trooper Marcus Richmond and her FBI neighbor Aaron. Vinnie runs into more troubles than you can imagine and everyone tries to keep her safe. Very fun read, couldn't wait to download 3rd book.
on February 8, 2016
I can relate to Vinnie. Super good book! Look forward to more of Vinnie, Aaron and Marcus.
on April 15, 2014
Yes, of course, I liked this book. I wouldn't have read it twice if I hadn't. It was a fun book and a fast read. If any one expects a book report from me, that's not going to happen. My reviews are only if I like the book or not. My favorite mystery authors began with Margery Allingham and Dorothy Sayers, Georgette Heyer and continued with Agatha Christie and Martha Grimes to the authors of today. Each generation, so to speak, has its own style for dealing with romantic involvement. To me, it is sort of funny.
on December 10, 2014
Funny and well written. Wish that the author would write more books for this series. They all lift my spirits,
on March 27, 2014
I read the first book in the Esposito series and couldn't wait to purchase book 2. I was not disappointed as Vinnie once again proves to just be a magnet for trouble. The characters jump off the page and have you waiting to see what will happen next. I have read both books in one sitting because they kept me engaged, intrigued and laughing.
In fact, I think I better purchase the next book in the series. Richmond,Richmond, Richmond...
on April 2, 2014
It always amazes me how Vinnie manages to find trouble and murder with very little effort. Really enjoy her personality and her relationships with her boyfriend and the hunky guy who rents her upstairs apartment. This story is no different and the humor is always a plus. Both the men in her life always manage to be there at the right moment to keep her safe. Hopefully there is another story.