Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 52 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 145 reviews
on November 27, 2016
This CD is a family favorite (two adults, a young adult, and two children); everyone has their song they want to be played again once it finishes. I found the last few songs a little week, but putting together a CD with 19 songs and having the first 16 really good selections is an accomplishment. Very good listening.

The songs are often humorous or contain some humor, and musically well conceived and produced. A couple of live recordings, including the fantastic "Brian Wilson", are included.
on February 14, 2014
I bought this for my mom since she lost her copy but also own a copy. I haven't kept up with BNL but I've listed and enjoyed everything from Gordon through Everything to Everyone. Aside from a handful of great studio tracks that made it on to their albums, there are a few live tracks (my personal favorite is the live version of Brian Wilson) and there are a handful of other songs which never made it on to any other album of theirs that I'm aware of.

It's apparently been 11 years since I've bought a new BNL album but I still listen to this one.
on May 6, 2016
Too bad BNL lost a major component . This is before that happened.
on May 6, 2016
I got this to replace a copy of Rock Spectacle that someone 'borrowed' without asking. I usually prefer the audio quality of studio albums; but the live selections on this CD are excellent! Plus, there is a lot more music. If you are only gonna buy one BNL CD, this is the one.
on January 16, 2004
Barenaked Ladies have a great place in music. They release songs that are funny, catchy, and thought-provoking. This collection captures the ones that made it to the radio. Sometimes, that's not what you want as an introduction to a band, but occasionally it works. This compilation definitely works.
I put this album into my CD player (well, usually my iPod) when I want to be in a good mood. There is simply no resisting the toe-tapping goodness of 'Alternative Girlfriend' and their early hit 'If I had $1,000,000'. 'Jane' and the cover of 'Lovers in a Dangerous Time' prove that the Barenaked Ladies aren't just funny, but can weave a tight song comprised of excellent vocals and a strong band.
Even if this is the only Barenaked Ladies album that you'll ever own, go see their live concerts. A concert with them is not to be missed. They add hilarious improvs, do impromptu covers of any artist under the sun, and comfortably chat with the audience.
on June 30, 2003
With all those "Greatest Hits" collections out there that contain one or two good songs followed by a bunch of unknown filler, it's nice to see one where every song is a winner. I'm basically a BNL newbie (I listened to "One Week" when it started getting airplay and said, "I like these guys!"), so I bought this CD because, simply put, it packs ALL of BNL's major hits onto one CD... yet it still leaves room for their lesser-known work, which I discovered and loved. Barenaked Ladies' true talent, it seems to me, is the ability to write seemingly light pop music that, upon reflection, camouflages a deep, pensive point. The selection of songs presented here highlights that talent, leaving the listener to stop and think after each song. As well, although BNL has a distinct musical style, each song presents a different facet of it, leaving a new surprise around every corner. (Speaking of surprises, it was nice to note that the two new songs on this CD are as fun--and as deep--as their earlier efforts.) I don't know what else I can say, except that the producers of this CD have packed as much value into it as possible. Other reviewers say this CD is even a good buy for diehard fans who have every BNL CD as it is. I just know that for a new fan such as myself, this was definitely the right place to start.
Has ALL my favorite BNL songs, & then some!! They're not really mainstream pop or rock, anymore. They are in a class by themselves, with their spontaneous, joyful, & hilarious musical style! I attended one of their concerts, back in the day, & between their relaxed & spontaneous humor, which usually segued into another funny or meaningful song, and their wonderful, FUN personalities, all over the stage-BNL OWNED their audience!! Such well-rounded entertainment!! There will never be another BNL!!
on April 1, 2013
If you like any Barenaked Ladies, you will love this collection. From start to finish, (and it's a pretty long collection) I enjoy every track. If you're a fan, you already know how good their vocals, instrumentation, and clever song writing is. You probably already have these tracks on their other albums. If you are new to the band, you're in for a real treat and this collection is the perfect place to start.
on January 4, 2002
I've been a BNL fan since the "Gordon" days. This album has a good mix of all of their songs, new and old. If I had to choose songs to make a "Best Of" album, I would have a hard time leaving any songs out, but the ones that are here are ones I wouldn't want to miss. It's like I burned my own CD with all my favorites! Another must-have for any BNL fan. And for anyone who just became a BNL fan due to the recent hits, it's a great way for you to hear their "oldies" without having to buy all the albums (you'll just want to do that after you've heard the ones on this album anyway!)
Bottom line: if you like BNL, you need this album!
on April 28, 2017
Excellent collection of tunes!