Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 53 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 84 reviews
on December 7, 2016
Make me question everything. After reading this book I questioned reality, sensations, and even my own existence. I am now trapped in the vortex of time all by myself for about 1000 years now, so I would say this is a great book. Or is it? What makes it a great book? What is a great book? What is a book? What is life? What is reality? Why am i a philosophy major? What am i going to do with my life now? Why am i writing a funny review on Amazon instead of studying for my finals so I can stop disappointing my parents?
on July 16, 2011
Though I believe intellectualism is a created title for dolts and boring minds, I also believe we need to understand ourselves, & each other. Descartes is THE place to begin if you have a true interest in that understanding, & your possible place in the world you inhabit. This book is a good translation of two great works. Reading this publication presents a fresh opportunity to look at everything from a new & clearer perspective. Written in a simple essay format, it allows consideration and contemplation of the text, rather than the draining involvement of putting it all together.
on June 1, 2016
purchased this book to get an idea of philosophy, I must say once i started to read this book i couldnt put it down, i'm now looking for a 2nd book on philosophy that is just as good as this.
on January 30, 2016
Same as for Locke
Cannot be easily read on an e-book
on July 8, 2016
This is an excellent product and its everything I was expecting it to be. I am happy with the product and serviced, I have received.
on March 12, 2015
As soon as I opened the package I noticed the quality of this item. All I have to say is that the product was in good conditions.
on February 2, 2014
I actually purchased this book from Amazon instead of one of their Marketplace vendors and was quite happy with the process. I ordered her college books about two weeks before spring classes began and this one was waiting for her when she arrived at school. That has not always proven to be the case.
on August 24, 2016
Buy Spinoza's Ethics and contrast it with Descarte for a life changing experience.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 9, 2015
Good translation of these two epic making works.
on December 5, 2016
Difficult reading but worth the effort.