- Paperback: 256 pages
- Publisher: Harper-san Francisco; Later Printing edition (1992)
- Language: English
- ASIN: B000GH2YRO
- Product Dimensions: 7.8 x 4.8 x 0.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 6.4 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (209 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,687,210 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Discover the Power Within You: A Guide to the Unexplored Depths Within Paperback – 1992
Wiley Summer Savings Event.
Save up to 40% during Wiley's Summer Savings Event. Learn more.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
There was one review that said this book was too religious. I think that Butterworth uses a lot of terms associated with the Christian religion but in no means does it make this book "religious". Butterworth stresses that Jesus is not the great exception but the great example.
I can see where the reader may have gotten a tad scared because there is a tendency on the part of some spiritual seekers to want to do away with anything that has to do with Jesus and Christianity. But I feel that the Christian religion is not truly based on the real message of Jesus. Creeds and Dogma and rites and ceremonies came after Jesus left the scene. Let us remember that Jesus himself was not a Christian at all, but a Jew who plumbed the depths of the Torah and had a revelation so magnificent that he wanted to share it with all.
Jesus discovered that there is a Power within all of us. Read your Bible, people! He said, "What I have done, you can do likewise and even greater things than these..." People don't want to hear that because that means we now have an inner responsibility to committ to but let us also remember that it is never we, ourselves, that do the work but the "Father within". Does a seed know how to turn into a flower? Does a caterpillar know how to turn itself into a butterfly? Do we, in all our supposed knowledge, really know how to turn bread, milk, and cheese into bones, muscle, and living tissue?Read more ›
Let yourself heal and reveal the Glory of God within you with the help of this book.
It is interesting that when I checked the reviews, there were two people who gave one star to this book. The first person didn't like it because "it was too religious" and the other one claimed "there was not enough religion in it." Unity is called "spirituality without dogma" and the Unity publications are highly motivational writings intertwined with metaphysical Christianity. Unity principles, also the content of this book, are as follow:
1. God is love, all good and the only source of our prosperity (Prosperity includes our emotional, mental, and spiritual as well as physical needs). He is omnipotent, omniscience and omnipresent.
2. Humans are made in God's image. Therefore, we all have Holy Spirit living in us.( the Divinity of Man)
3. What we dwell on is what we bring more of in our lives. Positive thinking brings positive results. (Energy flows where mind goes)
4. In order to be healthy mentally, physically and spiritually, we need to be connected to our Creator with regular prayer.
5. Affirmative prayer (Instead of pleading and bargaining with God, being grateful and thanking God for the answered prayer before it is answered) brings positive results.
If you are working on personal-growth and spiritual enlightenment, this is the book for you.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This book is so beautifully written to remind us that we have a loving and all knowing power within us that can guide us to accomplish our hearts desire.Published 12 days ago by Olga
Clear and Understandable writings about Christ, the Bible and who we ARE. Provides the readers with true life examples and the choices we have to live a Divine life thru Love.Published 2 months ago by spencer adams
Another great Eric book everyone should read on a spiritual path.Published 3 months ago by Barbara a. Thomas