Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 72 reviews(1 star, Verified Purchases). See all 727 reviews
on July 18, 2015
Disappointed in this book, the author makes alot of assumptions and biasses in his text. It is simply put if this one trait applies to you this is who you are in all areas and goes into unrelated aspects. Leadership books are great; however,stay away from Marcus who just wants $$. Disappointed in how raved this book was. You can find all of this non-sense online for free anyways and the quality of the book was very thin paper with the old beige color look even from the first day of use.
on December 8, 2010
What a waste of money and time! This book has some valuable information, but primarily if you are buying it new. What they don't tell you is that if you is that if you want to take their assessment and find out your "type" you have to go online and enter a code that is contained in the jacket of the book. It is for one user only. Without being able to take the assessment, the book is basically worthless.
I contacted the company to see if there was another way to take the assessment. I wasn't looking for a handout, and I was willing to pay a fee to take the assessment. However, they informed me the only way I can take the assessment is to buy another copy (obviously a new one) of the book. I disagree with that practice and think a book should be reasonably self-contained or at least it should be clear that the book's only value is if it is purchsed new.
So unless you buy it new, SAVE YOUR MONEY. And to the Gallup International Research & Education Center, I say you have ruined your reputation in my eyes.
on July 8, 2012
As you know by now, each new volume contains a unique code which can be used to take the Strengthfinders test. I bought a brand new copy of the book from Amazon and the envelope which comes in the back of books was tightly sealed. I opened the envelope, entered the code in the Strengthfinder website and was told that the code was invalid or had already been used. Links to "help" allow you to send an e-mail to the publisher which results in absolutely nothing.

Not recoomended, unless you want to buy the book for itself alone. This is a bad way to conduct business.
on May 18, 2017
I broke this book and it was advertised as NEW, I had plans to take an online strength test after reading it. The packet insert at the end of the book containing access code was tampered with and the access code already used by a previous buyer. Consider going to a book store or a legitimate online book store to make purchase.
on February 15, 2017
The ideas in the book are fine..identify your strengths and focus on them for a satisfying, successful career. However, the book comes with a code to complete an online self-assessment of strengths. The code provided is invalid and there is no online support. I guess their strength isn't IT or customer service.
on November 4, 2015
Outdated. This version no longer has an online test.
on September 18, 2013
I bought this book under the assumption and price that this was a "new" book. I bought this book for a class & needed to take the test using the code at the end of the book. The code I entered had already been used & the company states you cannot have a new code without buying a new book. No one can guarantee that the code has not been used. SO, be careful!
on September 27, 2015
I did the strength test before by an access code from this book. I like it so I bought this CD for my Daughter. but this is so frustrated this CD didn't tell you where to find the access code for online test...... and I don't know who to contact......probably end up to return this CD.
on January 23, 2017
This book says that "Your e-book retailer will provide you with your unique, one-use-only access to take the Clifton StrengthsFinder assessment that is included with this book." However, I never received an access code and cannot seem to figure out how to contact the retailer.
on April 10, 2011
I purchased this book used through Amazon only to discover that for the book to be useful, you have to do an online Strength Finder Profile. The problem is that each book contains a SINGLE code that is only good for ONE USER! So if the original book owner used the code, you won't be able to, and the majority of the book will be meaningless to you because you can't do the profile. I felt completely ripped off when I discovered this! It would be easy for the publisher to note this on the cover so people would know before purchasing, but they don't, so I hold them responsible. They also don't provide or sell additional codes for a fee. I couldn't use the book for its intended purpose therefore it gets only one star.