Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 39 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 115 reviews
on December 2, 2013
Discover Your Sweet Spot is not only a sweet read but a wealth of knowledge for those who desire to live their best life!
Discover Your Sweet Spot was written for YOU!
If you have not yet discovered living from your sweet spot, this book is for you. Learn and grow as you discover how to live out of your authenticity.
If you have discovered your sweet spot but have not yet discovered how to live in it effectively, this book is for you. Learn strategies for planning out just how you can maximize your life by living from your sweet spot.
If you are living in your sweet spot, this book is for you! Learn how to maintain your sweet spot for continual growth and effectiveness, leaving a legacy as you give what you cannot keep.
on December 13, 2013
I am proud to say that I was coached and mentored by some of the best people in the coaching business, and Scott Fay is definitely at the top of that list. As a founding member of the John Maxwell Team, I am so grateful to Scott for helping me to put it all together in terms of my purpose, passion, and plan of action, out of which has come my life's work. Now he has written "Discover Your Sweet Spot," which takes us through his own personal experiences to provide a practical strategy for discovering one's own passion and purpose, and how to nurture and cultivate them by utilizing a plan of action. This happens, as Scott describes in his book, through a coming together of purpose, passion and plan, which allows you to operate in your, "sweet spot." Scott stresses the need for maintaining success in life through the development of a good support system. This support system is a key element, since some people have the ability to successfully "build," but haven't a clue of to how to "maintain" the success they have worked so hard to achieve; therefore, it does not take long for all of their blood, sweat and tears to come crashing down around their ankles. Scott shows you how to design, build and maintain with all of the aplomb of a seasoned leader and a successful businessman.

I am so thrilled to have a person of Scott's caliber as a coach, mentor and friend because over the years, I have learned so much from him. Now I am able to provide tried and tested tools and richer experiences to coach and to teach others based upon the very learning experiences and principles that Scott has taught me. No matter what I teach or work to accomplish, these principles always come into play. Through Scott's book, you can learn these principles as well, and apply them to achieve success in every facet of life. I was so impressed by what Scott taught me, and how I could so easily adapt the principles, that I sent him the following message in 2010:

Scott, your teaching style challenges us to go the extra mile, and not be satisfied with just getting there. As you say in your training sessions, we must make investing in our growth a lifestyle, not just an event. Your examples and analogies paint vivid pictures and provide everyday application to profound principles in leadership. Thank you that your life, as well as your accomplishments are shining examples of what is possible for us, and what leadership is all about!
on January 14, 2014
In Discover Your Sweet Spot: The 7 Steps to Create a Life of Success and Significance Scott Fay takes you on his on journey and the life lessons he has learned along the way. You might think there are no similarities between you and someone who runs a landscaping business. However, I suggest that thinking is flawed. The lessons Scott unpacks in this book are lessons that can be applied in any business and any life.

"I’ve had my fair share of failures. I know what qualifies me to share with you is not my success but my setbacks." That quote sets the tone for the life lessons and wisdom to follow. We often have to learn things "the hard way" by making mistakes ourselves but if we can learn from others' mistakes we can skip that "hard way" from time to time. If you get this book you can take some of those shortcuts. Don't take my word for it. Get the book today and find out for yourself. What do you have to lose?
on January 6, 2014
One of my earliest child-hood heroes once told me that he would rather read than eat. I laughed at the time but I know now what he meant. Like eating, if I devour a good book I want nourishment; I want it to add some weight to my life. OK, maybe just value, not weight. I believe that while a good book may inform or entertain you, a great book, like great friends, changes you. Scott has done this for me on both fronts, as a friend and also with this book. I've read many books that offered cool ideas but were rather abstract and not very practical in incorporating those ideas into everyday life. The Aristotelian belief that wisdom must be practical is exemplified in Discovering Your Sweet Spot. Practical wisdom often comes when real life smacks you in the teeth and Scott candidly shares those moments of adversity where real wisdom and humility were gained and that kind of transparency is powerful. He has obviously learned from the good times and the bad. There is a scene in the movie Kingdom Of Heaven where Godfrey knights his son Balian and after knighting him, he smacks him across the face and says “that is so you'll remember." We remember those messages or lessons associated with the painful times in our lives but success comes, as Scott demonstrates, when we not only remember, but use what we've learned to design something different. -Roger
on January 3, 2014
Probably not! However it does for Scott Fay because it reflects his down to earth attitude and the lessons he has learned in building multiple businesses. His personal growth journey will definitely help you as he shares both his wins and losses (learning opportunities). Most importanty, his simple stories and illustrations will stick with you so it will be easy to remember the important concepts he shares with you.

When Purpose (what you are meant to do) intersects with your Passion (that for which you are willing to sacrifice, what excites you) and has a definitive Plan to bring it about, YOU WILL SUCEED! And you will have found your Sweet Spot!

Scott Fay is a highly successful landscaper, entrepreneur, coach and down to earth philosopher. His genius lies not in the process he sets before you (though it is brilliant), but in the questions he asks of you. And some of those questions, though seemingly simple, are extremely deep. DON'T OVERLOOK THEM OR GIVE THEM A CASUAL GLANCE! They can pull you back from the brink.

Many fail to succeed because they've never fully commited, don't understand why they do what they do, or have a plan that is too complicated. The beauty of Discover Your Sweet Spot is that it is simple while thorough. Who knows, in the end you just might appreciate diesel fuel and dirt. After studying this book, I know I do.
on January 3, 2014
Update - Feb 19

I updated this from four to five stars. Why? Well when a book comes back to mind and its points and message give you a lift; help give you perspective and gives you something to talk about then it's a worthy book. Time is always telling how good a book really is. I gotta give this one a 5 now!

---

Previous review

Know this. I'm a tough rater. If I give a book three stars -- it means it's good. I've giving this four. That means it's really good.

I didn't know how valuable this book was going to be until I truly dug into it. Certainly the topic intrigued me, and the first few chapters I found myself nodding with approval. It resonated with what I knew, and it was a great reminder of the foundational elements of leadership for self and for business. Many books at this point would have tailed off, and would have retreaded the same matter in a new way, but this book doesn't. Around midbpoint it jumps to another level. It moves from a three to a five. The nuggets are invaluable. This book has made my top books to reread!!! That's a special list for special books. It's made the list of books that I encourage others to read too! Enjoy!
on October 9, 2015
Do you want to live your purpose and leave a footprint on eternity? If so, discovering your sweet spot is mandatory and Scott Fay will teach you how to do just that! What a great book this is!! In it, Scott outlines the process of finding your sweet spot. This book is not only inspiring, but it will take you through a step-by-step process to discover your sweet spot. His "Elite 8" questions will help you reflect and know yourself better so that you can design the life you were created to live. "Life is short. Why waste time doing things that don't provide a good return?" (pg. 87) If you want to leave a legacy that will be significant, read this book! :)
on November 30, 2013
It's a rare breed that lives well what he teaches. While I've only known Scott for a year, I've learned a massive amount from his teachings on Leadership and Growth. When a friend told me last week that Amazon had started an early release of his book "Sweet Spot," I was online and the order complete before he'd finished explaining!

Reading this book reminded me of why I've enjoyed Scott's teachings so much; his 3Ps (Purpose, Passion and Plan), the circles and his continued engagement in business. The statement on page 17 holds a lot of truth and possibility; "By living in the light of our Sweet Spot and managing our internal environment better, we increase our external influence on those around us."

This is good stuff. Right where the leather (boot kind) meets the road. I've only asked for two other autographs in my life and look forward to meeting you to get the 3rd.

Thanks for being real and helping so many of us learn how to make a better difference. You're a true "leader helping leaders."

Sweet-Spot; my word for 2014.
on January 2, 2014
I have been a practitioner of the Sweet Spot principles for the last 10+ years, and it took me a long time and effort to gather most of the information that the author of this book presents in such a concise and easy to understand format.

The author has brought so much richness to this concept, and enhanced it in a simple way that goes beyond the basic Sweet Spot concepts of leveraging your purpose, your passion, and your position to live a life of excellence. Mr. Fay has created a repeatable system which he has extended beyond the personal life application to running teams and organizations using a similar approach.

I am certain that as you read each chapter of this book you will end up with a list of immediate activities you can put into practice in your own life, your business, or the team or organization you are responsible to manage. I enjoyed reading every chapter.
on November 26, 2015
A great book to read. I could've finished the entire book in one single pass, except I didn't want to just pass over the important points and then making a mental note out of it. Plenty of great nuggets of knowledge especially for those who wants to bring their life from great to success and then, to significance.

Thank you for sharing your story, your life and also how John Maxwell Team was born. I am a better person, making greater impact because of what you, Paul and John have done.