Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 11 reviews
on June 1, 2011
I expect that a book with a subtitle of "An Investigative Approach" would teach concepts through discovery learning. That is the trend for learning/teaching nowadays. In fact, this book teaches math concepts like every other math book, it just has little activities to reinforce the concepts. I wasn't that impressed by the activities, either.
What I want and can't find is a math book of discovery learning activities that help students uncover the ideas by connecting previous knowledge in a new way. I also want a book that provides meaningful, real-world applications to the concepts learned. This book isn't it.
on May 4, 2015
Good book.
on October 9, 2010
I strive to instill a love of learning in my students. The Key Curriculum press books also encourage students to enjoy the learning process, to explore, to discover patterns and mathematical relationships. The book is engaging and involves the learner on every lesson.
on July 2, 2013
I purchased this book because it was required for my university class. It has some approaches that I have used in teaching lower level high school students.
on February 25, 2013
I wanted to purchase a copy of my son's math text so that he wouldn't need to carry his school copy back and forth. (The book is quite heavy.) So this was a great find with an excellent price and the seller shipped very quickly.