- File Size: 1540 KB
- Print Length: 166 pages
- Publisher: Peter Fiasca, PhD; 2nd edition (February 28, 2009)
- Publication Date: February 28, 2009
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B002GP6WDG
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #646,583 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Discovering Pure Classical Pilates: Theory and Practice as Joseph Pilates Intended - The Traditional Method vs. The Lies for Sale Kindle Edition
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
'No deviation from original classical pilates is good'
If nothing ever (intelligently and carefully) ever deviated the world would be a strange place.
I understand the author's concern that Pilates has been bastardized to include anything taught by anyone, but surely one can borrow from and perhaps even improve upon the original.
I can also do without the psychology chapter as it is a real reach.
Other than that, the author is inspiring and clearly knowledgeable about theory and history, if a bit rigid.
Co-owner of Pilates Scandinavia, Stockholm Sweden.
Every Pilates class I have taken that wasn't the real thing did not give my body that wonderful feeling that REAL Pilates does. Why bother with any of these modern versions? They aren't the real thing!
This book guides you to the real deal, so I highly recommend it. The only other book I know of that really does this is "The Pilates Method of Physical and Mental Conditioning" by Philip Friedman and Gail Eisen. Here's a link to that book: http://www.amazon.com/Pilates-Method-Physical-Mental-Conditioning/dp/0385144903
That was my bible for years. I recently bought "Discovering Pure Classical Pilates," and was delighted to find the original Pilates once again being taught. I'm so glad to see that it has survived the flood of wanna-bes that insisted on putting their names on the Pilates Method for absolutely no good reason. The original is the only one that WORKS, it is the only one that makes your body and mind feel a subtle state of BLISS. Bless these folks for writing this book.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
very explanatory and explains each move so that u use the right techniquePublished 4 months ago by fay lutchner
great for the fitness people with great ideas. Old ideas with old trusty exercises. book a little harder to digest.Published on January 14, 2014 by Margaux
Peter Fiasca wants you to know that not all Pilates studios and instructors are created equal. In this informative book, Fiasca paints a picture of what a Pure Classical... Read morePublished on June 30, 2013 by L. Z.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Education & Teaching > Schools & Teaching > Education Theory
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Exercise & Fitness > Pilates
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Mental Health
- Books > Self-Help > Stress Management
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Teaching > Teacher Resources > Education Theory > Physical Education
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Counseling & Psychology > Mental Health > Mental Illness
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Counseling & Psychology > Pathologies > General
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Exercise & Fitness > Pilates
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Healthy Living
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help > Stress Management