Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "The Origin of Expressions” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 48% off the $29.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
The Origin of Expressions
|Price:||$30.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 300 game cards
- First to 30 points wins
- Bluff your way to a win
- Creative juices not included
- A game of phrases, fakery, finesse, and fun
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
1. the reader draws a card that lists a common phrase such as "cat got your tongue"
2. Every player writes down on a piece of paper their explanation for where the phrase came from. (the player that's reading simply copies the "real" answer from the card"
3. The reader collects all answers, and then reads them out loud.
4. Each player selects the explanation that they think is correct, and the the reader reveals the truth.
5. Players score 1 point for each person that guesses his or her explanation. Each player that selects the right answer gets a bonus point. If no player selects the right answer then the reader gets a bonus.
6. The next player becomes the reader.
Very simple, but tons of fun. There are enough different phrases in the box to keep it interesting for a good long time.
My only complaint is that the correct answers are written much more formally than most people write. So if the reader copies them word for word, it is usually pretty easy to detect the correct answer. When we play we have the reader paraphrase the correct answer to make it more challenging.
ordered this one and one for a gift. Have not opened it yet
but if it is nearly as good as the previous one, am sure will
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Our family loves this game. It is so fun to outwit others on which is the correct definition.Published 11 months ago by Christy
I got this for my husband for Christmas because he loves word origins. However, once we opened the package we soon discovered it is much like another popular word game that we... Read morePublished on May 26, 2014 by PerpetualPonderings
It seems a bit challenging at first. But once you get the hang of it....its a little easier. Definitely a brain challenge.Published on September 18, 2013 by B. Matulionis
This game is essentially a Balderdash knock off, but it's fun and worth adding to your collection. My family and I have had many side-splitting laughs playing "Origin."Published on June 27, 2013 by heavyclassical
It's ok. Make sure you play with at least 4 people who are tge more verbal types. Not a game for your hard science big-bang theory geeks.Published on April 28, 2013 by John Eric Raymond
Purchased it as a gift, and it has been enjoyed by the entire family. Was a great price and arrived very quickly too!Published on February 20, 2013 by Julie