Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 317 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 656 reviews
on April 15, 2016
Brilliant album, honestly, if you are considering purchasing the vinyl, you already know this. That said, I have to echo the similar complaints about this particular pressing available on Amazon not containing the correct songs. I got an LP set with Side A repeated on Side B, so returned it. Do not buy this from Amazon as this is a confirmed production error and they are still selling copies out of the same lot. You've been warned.
on March 15, 2015
Bad pressing on the vinyl! Side C had so much background noise, I actually thought my stylus was finally going out. Others on Discogs have complained about the bad job done on this pressing. D is also not great but the surprisingly loud noise on side C makes it too irritating to listen to. Unfortunately, side C has many quiet songs so the extra noise really stands out. Will be returning.

Obviously the album itself is gold, but vinyl buyers beware - you're not gonna be happy with how this sounds.
on December 17, 2016
What's to say about the album itself? It's a very eclectic overall album that still manages to have a thread and a theme running through it. And for being a part of that particular period of time, where most techno and electronica artists were doing a lot of work with loops, this does have a lot of actual proper songs on it. The music overall is great, and there's not a dud amongst the tracks. And there's also quite a few real highlights too. Basically, this is my favorite Daft Punk album, and has been since it released 15 years ago.

As for the vinyl pressing, it's basically perfect. No pops, no warping on the record. The audio is absolutely crystal clear, and the mix doesn't muddle anything. It sounds absolutely amazing.

This is a double lp, which I don't believe the store page even mentions. It also comes with a decent booklet in the sleeve, which was a nice little addition. No Daft Club card sadly. I still have the one that was included on the original CD I bought lying around somewhere, and I was really only hoping for one out of nostalgia though.

What's important is that it's a great album with a great LP pressing. And it's one I'll be spinning quite regularly.
review image review image
on February 11, 2017
There are several skips on some of the tracks, some are very minor while others will make me jump because they seem to come out of nowhere. Was worried I would have a problem with side C based on the earlier reviews but it plays fine on that side. My record player seems to play many records, both old and new, flawlessly. But with this record it seems to have some type of error. I dont know if its human or machine. Anyways, the album itself is outstanding on this format; just proceed with caution when purchasing this for your collection if you happen to be sensitive to skips or not.

******UPDATE*******
Skips no longer occur since upgrading my record player to a vintage Technics and having things like "anti-skate" a factor I can control. This virtually removed any skips on this record. I am once again a happy man with his records.
on September 21, 2011
Not too long ago I purchased the Daft Punk-Interstella 5555 DVD, and I enjoyed it very much. Mostly, I enjoyed the Daft Punk music and the visual animation was just accompanying eye candy. I had a problem with the audio portion of that DVD in that the music sounded very subdued on my stereo, not at all like the electronic music I was used to listening to. I advised that if anyone was primarily interested in the music, to opt for the Discovery CD rather than the Interstella 5555 DVD.I still stick with that advice.

Well. I've now got the Discovery CD and I enjoy it very much. It's just an exceptional collection of songs. The CD sound quality is much better than on Interstella, but still not up to my expectations for Daft Punk. My previous experience with the Discovery songs was with the Daft Punk Alive 2007 CD, I might add, and the sound quality on the Alive 2007 CD is far above that of the Discovery CD. What goes? In any case, the earlier Discovery CD is a wonderful listening experience. Every song is a winner and it would be hard to pick a favorite. It's that good! Sweet, sweet music! If you really want to hear some of the songs decked out with exceptional sound, opt for the Alive 2007 CD.

Gary Peterson
on September 30, 2016
This pressing is gorgeous, not a single click or pop on any side. Dynamics are strong and I didn't get the version with the sides that are equals. I rarely receive reissues these days that sound perfect, this one is one that does sound perfect. Very happy especially at the price. Sad to say, but every time I order a reissued record these days I just expect noise. This one I dropped the needle and just heard silence, an orgasm for these ears. Oh and the music on the album of course is fantastic as is always by Daft Punk.
on January 28, 2012
I don't really think people need reviews on music, because if you like it, you like it. And if you get a good enough sample of the music on an album, you'll know if you like it.

Of course I love this album because I like this kind of music and Daft Punk is my favorite band. But it is a great album and it's one of Daft Punk's best albums. There isn't any music in this album that I don't like.

The album cover that comes with this includes some background on each track: lyrics, who sung, etc. And on the opposite side of the album cover there is a poster of Daft Punk. There is also a set of instructions on the cover on how to access the Daft Club site (which is not up anymore) using your membership card (which is not included.)

Overall, it is a very great album.
on April 25, 2017
Love daft punk. I actually got this for one song 'harder better faster stronger' but the rest of the album is great as well. I was surprised to see this groups primarily digital music style on vinyl and had to have it. Get the album and get autorip for your mp3 collection as well.
on March 21, 2013
This album is one of, if not the, most popular albums of Daft Punk.You don't have to be an electronic music fan to love 'Discovery' (I wasn't, but I became a convert recently).It's easy on the ears (all-time track 'One More Time'), explosive (Aerodynamic's arpeggios will make your brain come;best track on the album), and it can be soothing ('Something About Us').The downsides of this album: hard to point out.'Disocvery' is on'e of those albums you can't hate or criticize.It's not 'Nevermind' but it's still good and worth a buy.
on March 19, 2014
Just about everyone (who listens to music) remembers when "One More Time" was released. Possibly one of the best pop songs of the era, and possibly one of the catchiest of all time. "Aerodynamic" begins with bells, then a repetitive dance beat, about half-way through the song, an 80's hair band guitar solo begins... This album is going places. "Digital Love", a personal favorite, auto-tuned vocals and funk best. At this point, the guitar becomes a synthesizer. "Harder, Faster, Stronger", not quite as impressive as the first songs, they took a break from experimenting and wanted to express their love of house music. "Cresendolls", uses a sample as the base of the song, again only proving what they can already do but better. "Nightvision", dreamy synths completely change the mood from the last song, doesn't fit well with the rest but is great on its own. "Superheros" reminds me of 80's workout videos (and reminds me that Daft Punk can't get their heads out of the clubs). "Something About Us", a calm and collected break, another use of a funk beat over auto-tune vocals. "Voyager" brings me right back to where we started, at the disco. "Short Circuit" a short filler song (but still just as fun as the others). "Face to Face" uses several different samples (more disco), then actual singing begins (I think), and it works. "Too Long" speaks for itself. A beautiful album that deserves all the hype is has received since its release.