Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 11, 2014
This is a great toy! I purchased it for Christmas and I know my 4 year old will love it. I went through and assembled each one without reading the instructions to see how intuitive it is, and I was able to put them all together very easily. It might be a bit tricky at first for a 4 year old, but I think once they've assembled them they will be able to again. The parts fit together very well and easily, except for the spoiler on the car, it went in rather tight. Might have just been my set. The manual screwdriver has a slip-feature (not sure how you would call it) and it gives exactly when the screw won't turn any more so you can't over-tighten the screws. The drill does not seem to have this feature, but the bit turns slowly. I'm hoping the screws don't get stripped with this tool but it is VERY neat. It came with several extra screws which is wonderful. I will tuck those away until needed. I do with the motorcycle came apart more, or at least the wheels like the other two. Also, the instructions are NOT written for small kids. It just has simple diagrams that are small that show you where the parts go and in what order. Easy for an adult to understand, but probably not young children. It would be nice to have a diagram like the one provided, but colorful and on a larger scale, or maybe flash cards for each one. Wish I could deduct half a star for that, but the concept is neat. Most of the parts have to be put on a certain way so it gets the child to figure out the correct position. The plane actually has a little gear inside that must be lined up. Very cool. And I'm so glad I don't have to buy a container to keep it all in.
on December 31, 2016
This is a great concept, but unfortunately it doesn't work so well. My son's favorite part is the electric drill. However, its not powerful enough to turn the screws. Kind of a bummer.
on April 7, 2016
My two year old loves this toy! It is definitely his new favorite. He's loves to "fix" the vehicles with his own drill, just like daddy. The screws are large enough that he can grasp them, put them into their holes and hold them while using the drill all by himself.

I was impressed by the toys themselves. Each toy come completely apart, which is fun to help your child build the whole thing from scratch. They all have moving mechanical parts that move another part of the vehicle when turning the wheels. For example, the airplane rotor spins when you push it along the ground.

What impressed me the most though was that both the screwdriver and the drill had built in ratchets to prevent the screws from being over tightened and ruined.

Excellent product, I'd buy it again.
on February 28, 2015
My grandson absolutely LOVED these. I gave them to him for Christmas. It all started when he watched his Poppy put together his first plastic bike he received on his second birthday and still loves to watch his grandfather 'fix' things and use tools. He follows him all over the place finding things for them to fix together! Needless to say, this toy was the perfect gift for a 3 year old. The pieces were large and easy for little fingers to hold and put together. It came in a sturdy tub too, that looks like it will tolerate lots of stress and provides an nice place to put the pieces when not in use. The only con with this was that the drill did not work! He had to use the hand tool and was pretty disappointed over not being able to use it. I had to contact Amazon and get a replacement, so that's why it doesn't get a 5 star rating. It's a bit high priced as well, but all in all, a worthy toy to consider.
on January 25, 2014
This set is absolutely adorable and perfect for my 5-year-old and my 6-year-old (both are boys). It's fun for the adults too (chuckle). Very high-quality. Very well-made. Very creative. It's also great for making the child think about what pieces go to what. It comes in a very nice plastic container with handle, which is great when you have the screws and pieces all over the floor and just want to throw them in something for quick clean-up. I would like to get a second drill, since I have 2 boys, but can't seem to find one by itself. It also comes with a manual screw-driver, so they actually can both play at the same time, but you know which one they both want! Great product.
on July 10, 2016
Bought as birthday gift for my 3 y/o grandson. He loved it! One of his favorite toys. He's always enjoyed taking things apart and putting them together. Worth the price. And love the fact that it comes in a plastic tool box. A nice bonus.
on December 29, 2016
My son is enjoying the engineering and building aspect of this, but the fact that the drill power is not strong enough to actually work on screwing to build has been a let down. He wouldn't even touch the whole thing until I sat down and showed him the manual screwdriver. He is 4 and is probably on the younger end of age appropriateness.
on February 4, 2015
The drill doesn't work as it's supposed to. The trigger is superfluous and the only way to make it work, is by flipping the directional switch. Very disappointed in that.

However, the quality of the rest of the parts is very nice. Would've been a five star review, if not for the poorly designed drill.
on December 18, 2014
I usually don't write reviews, but I dislike these just that much. They are extremely cheap and I am embarrassed that I paid that much and its not worth the effort to send them back. I own a children's therapy clinic - thought these would be fun since we have another set of transportation vehicles that are sturdy and the boys love it. 45.00??? Even the case is poorly made and it doesn't stay clipped. The plastic is cheap, the pieces don't fit well together. This was a huge waste of cash.
on July 13, 2016
Big hit with my 2 and 4 year old grandsons. They love taking them apart and putting them back together. The two year old needs help but loves to have a power tool like his dad.