Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Discrimination against overseas readers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 23, 2012, 6:07:47 PM PST
I see a lot of complaints about Penguins outrageous pricing for the Kindle version of this book but spare a thought for those not living in the United States.
I had pre-ordered the ebook months ago and now it is is close to release I see the gap get even further.
I was prevented from ordering this version for $14.99 because Amazon tells me that "Due to copyright restrictions, the Kindle title you're trying to purchase is not available in your country: Australia.".
I am expected to pay $21.25 USD for a version released through Hachette Book Group.
This sort of price gouging is currently being investigated by the Australian Competitor and Consumer Commission.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012, 9:58:36 AM PST
Martin says:
Same here for german customers. Instead of $14.99 Amazon wants $20,51 from me for a kindle edition. Greedy bastards. The same disgusting story as with Ghost Story.
I will just stop reading the Dresden Files. No author is worth that money. No wonder so many people resort to pirating books.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012, 6:10:29 PM PST
Robert Green says:
Price is way out of lines for an ebook...liked the dresden series but read my last book until the price drops. I will make a trip to the library, check it out, and read it for FREE:)

Posted on Oct 15, 2016, 5:41:22 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 15, 2016, 5:53:34 AM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Nov 23, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 15, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about