Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Disney 4-Movie Collection: Kurt Russell (Strongest Man in World / Computer Wore Tennis Shoes / Horse in the Grey Flanel / Now You See Him)
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

on April 13, 2013
I grew up with these films and when I found this set of 4 classic Disney films together it was like a trip down memory lane. Unfortunately, that memory lane is stuck in the pre-widescreen days for three of these four movies are cropped and stuck in 4x3 ratio land. In fact, the back DVD cover says - TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS FOR EACH TITLE LOCATED ON THE INSIDE WRAP (APPLIES TO FILM CONTENT ONLY) which means you have to buy the set before you can find out if the movies are in widescreen. After you buy it and open it the store you purchased it from will not accept it back. Disney has gone cheap on the consumer by repackaging old DVDs from the late 1990s and sold them to suckers like me. Now I'm out $12 and still don't have "The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes" in widescreen. The film "Now You See Him, Now You Don't" is the only DVD in this set that is widescreen 16x9. What's the problem Disney, you're not making enough off your parks and ESPN? Give us your classic films in widescreen blu-ray formats and stop ripping the public off!
2121 comments| 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 25, 2012
I'm a humongous Kurt Russell fan, especially his action films from the 80's and 90's, but he is still in top form during his Disney days, especially playing the Dexter Riley roles. Computer Wore Tennis Shoes and Now You See Him,Now You Don't are the standouts here. The only thing i would change about this combo would be to substitute Horse in the Grey Flannel Shirt with Barefoot Executive, which is not included in this collection. Fun, harmless Disney films from the good ole days.
on May 12, 2013
These movies are very funny. Sometimes older movies don't seem so good for today, but these hold up. It's good for family night or even on a rainy day you can relax and watch knowing it's just a simple, funny, feel good movie.
on February 27, 2013
Before Kurt Russell went into drama and action films, he had a decent career with teh Disney studios. Presented here are four of those films: The Strongest Man in the World, The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes, The Horse in the Grey Flannel and Now You See Him Now You Don't. The only other Disney films featuring Russell missing here are The Barefoot Executive and Superdad. Of the four aforementioned in this collection, the best film is the dramatic/light comedy film, The Horse in the Grey Flanel in which Russell is in a supporting role. The funniest of the films is Now You See Him Now You Don't. Watch these four films and enjoy some wholesome films starring a decent actor.
on April 25, 2013
Love the Kurt Russell Disney flicks. His character as Dexter Riley is great. You just can't remake these movies, I love them. Dexter and his friends always have a mystery to solve that have something to do with AJ Arno, the villain in the series.
on January 10, 2016
We love these Disney classics! The prices can't be beat and love the selection. We purchased candleshoe, black beards ghost, Disney movie collection 4 with Kurt Russell, and the ugly dachshund which is my favorite. I'll be looking for more favorite classics that are great for the whole family. They don't make them like they used to! You won't be disappointed with any of these.
on December 7, 2015
I started watching these the other night and the memories came flooding back. For those of you who've read my other movie reviews, you know I have a "memories" thing. That's just the way I am. But these are very good and fun movies. For those of you into nostalgia and for anyone who wants to be a kid again. Can't go wrong with a Disney flick.
on March 6, 2016
I thought I had seen all of these movies, but I was pleasantly surprised to learn that I was wrong. Good to see Kurt Russell in his early movies. This set does not contain Captain Ron, but I bought that too. Very happy with this classic set of Disney movies. Great price too!
on January 20, 2016
Don't be too concerned with the aspect ratio here. None of the Disney films here were THAT widescreen; 1:33 is square like old tv. Most of these films were either 1:75 or 1:85...in other words, you're not missing a lot of information like you would with really wide films like 2:33....
on May 10, 2013
What can I say I love Kurt Russells movies, brings back nice memories of when I was a kid going to the movies with my sister.