Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ATV Pure [Download]
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on September 26, 2008
Do not pay attention to the first reviewer. He doesn't know what he is talking about. The screen resolution can indeed be changed after playing through the first little tutorial I believe. Just change the resolution before you start playing your first level using the options. How hard can it be?

There have been so many people commenting on how beautiful the graphics are. Why in the world would they limit it to Starcraft like resolutions?

Just buy the game if you are interested at all in this type, you won't regret it.
on October 1, 2008
This games is a lot of head-banging, mud-slinging, rock `n roll, good old-fashioned fun. The graphics are cool (and quite good). And YES you can change the resolution! I tried it already (you just have to finish the tutorial first and then go to OPTIONS from main menu.)
The only negative of this game I can think of is its loading/saving times. For some reason when you start it up it goes through a process of saving/loading 4 or 5 times in a row each time for about a minute. It also took some 30 minutes to install. (But, hey, what can you expect from a game marketed (and done by) Disney? Some inelegant code will always be there.) I will say this, however; my computer IS NOT a slow junker: it's a 2.4GHz core 2 duo with winXP and 2GB RAM with a nVidia 8800GTX card and a 2ms monitor. Other games run like you wouldn't believe. Once this one's loaded, it runs well too, though.
This game is tremendous fun (especially for the kiddies) and some adults who like a certain combination of mud and rock in their life (at least the VIRTUAL life.)
on July 17, 2009
I can't help but have a smile on my face as I go over every jump. I get butterflies in my stomach every time. Simply amazing. GET IT!
on January 18, 2014
I played this a ton on Xbox 360, and it's an incredibly fun game. Lots of tracks, lots of stunts, lots of customizations, and a good soundtrack. It has amazing visuals that look almost as good on the PC. In-game, it looks sharp at 1920x1080 (although the menu screens are stretched a bit).

A word of warning, though: the loading times are brutal. XD The average loading screen lasts nearly a full minute on my machine.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 24, 2012
It doesn't work at all. I get a message: " Pure has stopped working..Check online for a solution and close the program"

I tried to download on 2 computers and still the same message?! I need help or return of my money. Please Amazon!
on July 14, 2009
this game is so awsome!!! i know many people say that the load time is really bad... but i have dial-up...so waiting is in my nature:P plus it's only like 4 minutes! apearantly the people that said they never tried to download anything on dial-up>:(. (it takes forever!!!)

anyway:-|...the graphic are way more than amazing. the replay value is really good. the gamplay is a little hard to get used to...but with a gamepad it's as easy as pie. the music is epic! i love almost every song! the story isn't flawless...but it's good. and finnaly...the customization of the ATV's is awsome.

now the bad news:'(:(:{ you can't make your own chariture...nore can you change the ones avabile. but i didn't really care about that. that is all... no more bad news:):)~

now if you don't get this game...you will really really really regret it... it's sooooooo awesome!!!...and really really fun! this is the best ATV/racing/trick based game i've ever played...and you are completely foolish if you don't get this game.

ps. get it!!! i really mean it! NOW!!! click the "buy" button...quickly:)
VINE VOICEon September 8, 2012
I picked this game up at a Half Price Books in Texas, for nine bucks. For that price I was not expecting much, but this is a fun game! I like the customization of the ATVs - there are an enormous number of options to choose from.

For the record, I installed on Windows 7 without any special compatibility mode or anything, and it installed fine, and plays fine. I mention this because Windows 7 is a 64-bit system and someone said the game doesn't run on 64-bit systems.

There are two reasons I cannot give this 5 stars: one, the lack of replayability (once you beat each track in World Tour mode, there's really no point in going back to that track). And two, the incredibly long load times. It takes forever to go from the race results screen back to the world tour screen. I have a pretty fast computer, too. Core i5-2500, 8 GB RAM, Radeon 6870.

But overall, this is a very fun game that will give you many hours of ATV racing enjoyment.
on September 10, 2012
All previous reviews of Pure prior to mine concern the DVD-ROM version. This short review is to provide information on the digital download version.

Upon installation of the digital download version, the program asks for your activation code to unlock the game online. No problem so far. The game unlocked. However, the game will NOT RUN since it requires the game disc to be in the drive. Yes, the digital download version demands you have a disc that you don't have. Someone really goofed up here.

Amazon.com proved unusually useless and frustrating. I was instructed to contact the publisher. If I had bought a retail copy that had had a missing disc or such, they would have likely issued a replacement or refund. In this case, they did nothing.
on October 24, 2013
This game has nice graphics and sound lots of action on open tracks and all that but it really loads slow. Also annoying is nop being able to play without the disk in the drive. After the really long load you might think everything it needs to play would be on the hard drive.
on February 24, 2009
I'm reviewing the pc version:

The gameplay is really fun. The graphics are really nice. The courses are well designed. The tricks are fun to pull off.

But,

The online mode is pretty bad. IF you can find a game to join, you will get in and realize there is no chat. No voice chat, nor text. Sometimes you get in a room and the game starts very quickly, not giving you the time to choose which atv you want to ride (which makes a gigantic difference).

It recognizes my controller ok, and does vibration, but I have to program in the controls every time I play for some reason. I don't know if its only for my controller (ps2 adapter) or if it is like that for everyone. It won't let me save my controller settings.

Its also quite short and the replay value isn't exactly high. Since the online mode is not very good, once you beat the game (quickly) there isn't a whole lot motivating you to play it. Its ok that its simple and quick, because I kind of like quick games sometimes, but it should give more reason to play once you beat it once. Maybe more rewards, or a good online or multiplayer mode.

I also am not a big fan of the soundtrack, but thats more about personal preference.

Hopefully they fix all these problems and improve on it and make a pure 2, because this game really is a fun racing game.