Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 293 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 311 reviews
on January 28, 2014
I am a big Disney person. When growing up we went there at least once a year. I worked there on college program. As an adult I go as often as I can. I was super excited about Disney going digital but honestly I next to never looked at it. The wifi and service in the parks are spotty. I used it to check wait times sometimes but honestly it was a hassle to get though the apps. I know Disney pretty well so maybe a family that doesn't go there often would find it useful but to me it was just a waste.
on April 30, 2014
It's better than when I used it in January since it seems to be using a lot less battery. However, when I tried to link my parents and my niece to my account so I could make FastPass choices for them it mixed up my park pass with my nieces AND it wouldn't let me add my Dad and niece (probably because they don't have Disney.com accounts). My parents aren't really technology friendly and they didn't even understand this process no matter how I explained it (my Dad kept asking how much FastPass cost).

I'm convinced that trying to add my niece to my account is what caused the problem with our Magic Bands. The day before the problem happened we got into the park just fine when my parents mentioned FastPass so I started setting it up while we were waiting in line for a ride. After it wouldn't let me add my Dad and niece we decided to let it go so we could enjoy the rest of our day and just not use FastPass. The next day my niece's band read as mine but mine was still reading under my name and correct type of park pass. She was also unable to put charges to the room on her card. It was an overall frustrating and stressful experience and I hope these bugs will be fixed when we come back in October.
on July 14, 2014
The app works well, Disney's team did a great job in writing this app. Both Amazon and the Google Play store say that the app is not compatible with my device (Samsung Tab 3 tablet), but Amazon does supposedly allow a download anyway. However, after downloading the app thru Amazon it was nowhere to be found on my tablet even though the Amazon store says that it has been downloaded. I had to download the apk file to my desktop computer from a third-party site, transfer the file to my tablet and sideload the file from there. Once done, the app opened and functioned just like it does on my Android phone. Ride wait times, location and info on restaurants, restrooms, etc all worked. It is supposed to guide you from your current location to any of these POI's by way of GPS but that feature is untested, you have to be on-property for it to work (and I won't be visiting the parks until this fall).
The app is supposed to be compatible with iPhone, iPad and Android smartphones. But it has not been revised to work on Android tablets yet, per an email from the developers at Disney.
on August 5, 2013
What a great app. I'm not even on vacation at Disney yet but can't stop looking at what is happening in the parks right now. Love the wait time listing -will be a great help when we are there to help map out our day so we don't waste time wandering from one attraction to the next only to find out there is a big wait time when we get there. Gives details on park hours, character locations and times, and so much more. The only thing wish they would change is the restaurant info. Love they list the menu and the cost (nice to know what we will pay before we walk through the door). We can check the menu's out while we wait in line at the attractions to decide where we will eat and what will get so we don't waste time while ordering. But, on the Disney website it also list what exactly is in the sandwich, salad, and such. Big help to know what is in it if you have a picky eater you are trying to feed. Nothing worse than ordering something only to get it and find there is something in it they won't touch. On the Disney website the breakdown what is in the food. This would be a great detail to include in the app also, so when you are on the fly in the parks it helps with the decision making. Otherwise, absolutely perfect app and would recommend to anyone planning on going to Disney World, or is just curious about what is happening at any given moment (can't stop myself from looking throughout the day - haha).
on September 19, 2013
This app came in handy during our vacation. It's great for checking wait times and fast pass times at the theme parks as well as helping you to keep up with what is available in each of the parks. It's also great for giving descriptions of different shows or attractions. It's also got some great park maps if you don't feel like digging around in your bag for that paper map. I mostly used it for checking wait times, descriptions and finding my way around. I did not check the reservation feature or the day planner, but those features looked helpful.

I give it 3 stars instead of 5 because it tended to be slow whether I used a 3G connection or WI-FI that was available in the park. Of course WI-FI was a bit faster, but you can't depend on that, especially if you're waiting in line and hoping to check the wait time for your next activity. I'm running it on a Galaxy Note phone (ver. 1) so I don't think my processor is entirely to blame. I also found it a little difficult at Epcot since it didn't clearly list all of the rides. For example, I had to click around before I found "Soaring." Despite being on the slow side I'd say it's a great help in navigating Disney.
on June 8, 2014
I love this app. You can book a dinner reservations while walking around a different park, see waiting times, so many things. I was reading some of the complaints. Why can't people just use their phones anymore. It works great on the phone. The only thing I would suggest is, if you downloaded it more then a year ago, you need to update, because some changes that were made, may make it not work smoothly if you don't update. People want to walk around the parks carrying their life's possessions including their giant tv screen recording tablets and then blame this FREE app that it doesn't work on that system. Just use it on your phone! People forget they are in Disney....You miss life when you are trying to capture it on film to enjoy later...just enjoy it now.
on May 2, 2014
The app does not work on Kindle or Kindle Fire tablets. They need to have an app that is compatible with these tablets.
on June 17, 2014
Just visited Disney World with the new My Disney Experience app. It was awesome. All the fast pass times, reservations for dining, park hours, wait times, maps were available in an instant. You can even change fast pass times and rides using the app. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 star rating was that I often had to reenter my password to access my information and sometimes there was a try again message.
on January 7, 2014
The app, when you could access it, was (at times) a trip-saver. It allowed the family to obtain FastPasses on the most popular rides with the longest wait-times sometimes a few days in advance. The Wait-Time feature was also of particular favor as was the "My Plans" feature that let you look at your upcoming events at a summary glance. The problem was that the app often froze or wouldn't launch (mainly, I believe, due to the lousy wi-fi available in the Disney Parks/resorts). I did talk to at least two people who were running from their own wi-fi access points and they did not experience the availabilty issues we experienced. Overall a very useful application during a trip to WDW!
on February 10, 2014
This was a great app to use while in the park. After using up our Fastpasses, we consulted with the app to check wait times for rides. The here and now feature was also useful. It definitely allowed us to better use our time by knowing before we walked over to a ride what the wait was. No point in walking to a ride with an 80 minute wait when another had only a 20 minute wait. My only problem is that it doesn't work on my Kindle Fire. I had to keep stealing my husband's phone to use the app. I also used the app before we left to better plan our fastpasses. You can check wait times and then select your fastpasses for rides that consistently have long waits.