Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Disney Pixar Brave Movie Theater: Storybook and Movie Projector Hardcover – May 15, 2012
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
A few notes
- The story of Brave is maybe be slightly scary for small children - our 2 year old enjoys the book and projector, but she doesn't really *get it*
- The movie projector is a lot of fun - our daughter loves it - maybe a little too much, since she has left it on a couple of nights.
- The projector uses non-standard batteries - instead it uses LR44 (pin type batteries). They are not expensive, but it is a little more difficult to find at your local store.
- Be careful not to rip the plastic "reel" holder off the book - since this will cause the book to rip.
- The projector is reasonably bright - please remember that it looks dim in the video because the batteries were weak.
Final Verdict - The Brave Storybook is a fun addition to any child who enjoyed "Brave". My only complaints are that the packaging is too difficult to open and that it uses non-standard batteries.
4 1/2 stars
Now for the good and the not as good points:
- The movie to book adaptation for some movies can be really poorly written with odd choppy sentences and little thought put into it. If I didn't know it was a movie, I would believe this could be a standalone book (not even involved with a movie) and it would be great.
- The projector adds more photos to each scene than would be otherwise possible with a picture book.
- My daughter loved the novelty of the projector.
Not as good (but not necessarily "bad" per say, these are the things that are taking away that last star from what could be a 5 star rating):
- The projector is a little dim and so you have to view it in a fairly dark room. And if you're in a dark room, you have a hard time reading the book... you see where this is going. We often read the story with a flashlight.
- My child won't allow us to just read this book without the projector. We've got to get the whole shebang out. It's not a big deal, but it does add extra time to our story time. Plus the reading itself is longer than most of our evening picture books. On the flip side, the length is probably why it's actually a pretty good movie to book adaptation.
All in all, I think this is a great addition to a kid's library, especially if they are a fan of the movie. However, even non-movie goers will enjoy this story with projector.
Merida is a Scottish princess, who wants nothing to do with the traditions of her family. Merida's family wants her to marry a powerful lord or political ally to ensure the safety and prosperity of their kingdom, but Merida is more interested in sword fighting and archery than in courtship. Merida oversees a tournament to win her hand, stepping onto the tourney field herself to shame the men fighting for her hand with her own prowess on the field of battle. Merida and her mother fight and fight, until Merida enlists the help of a sorceress to change her mother. But the change Merida had in mind is not exactly what the sorceress works!
The sturdy projector comes with batteries included, an adjustable focus, and a simple on-off switch. There are five picture disks, with four pictures each on them. The book is marked to tell you which Disk to use, and which picture on which Disk to show.
Even without seeing the movie, my girls enjoyed this set very much. This would make a terrific birthday gift for girls ages 4 - 6.
It's a good story, a trifle long for the younger ones. My four year old sat through the entire tale, much to my surprise. The pictures through the viewer are large and of good quality. The focus of the viewer may have to be adjusted. The photos are arranged to be shown while reading. This sounds ideal until you realize that the pictures are best shown in the absolute dark.
Most recent customer reviews
The book itself is high quality, with extremely well colored illustrations,...Read more