Salon Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment drwho drwho drwho  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Walt Disney World with Disabilities
Format: Paperback|Change

on March 28, 2016
If only there was an updated version, this book is pure gold for special needs families. There is so much detail in every part from the overall Disney experience of walking inside to a breakdown of rides and restaurants with lights, sounds and features that might be scary or won't work for certain needs. Who would have ever thought to remember if you have allergies to book a resort where there are little trees and flowers?! The descriptions are phenomenal. Thanks for helping me plan before ever stepping foot inside Disney.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 28, 2010
I am pregnant and will be in Disney World when I am just out of my First Trimester. This book was perfectly to the point with awesome details to help me decide which rides I should go on, and which ones I should avoid. Not only was it extremely helpful for the rides, but it goes through every aspect of the park from ticketng, parking, to detailed descriptions of the restaurants. I learned a lot more than I signed up for! It is easy, quick, and an extremely informative read. It will be traveling with us when we go to Disney in a few weeks! Whether your disability is major or minor, temporary or permananet, this is a great book to reference. Thanks!
on April 10, 2014
As our first time visit to Disney this grandma wanted to be prepared going with my grandchildren, i chose this book because i needed to know how the rides would effect my physal handicaps,and Grandpas.... it has helped me with every ride in all the parks . i will refer to this book on all my trips to Disney ..it also has helped with meal planning and different levels of park rides too..and where to find rest room n rest stops...
on March 23, 2015
Although this is very informative, I was surprised at the size of the book . It's pretty large, maybe 8x10 inches and approximately 1 inch thick. You would need a very large purse or a backpack to take it with you into the park. I would think it would be better in a smaller size.,that would fit in a pocket or small purse.
on July 12, 2008
Loved this book. Having Fibromialgia myself and with the back pain both of us suffer this book is just what we needed to plan for our trip.
We now have both ordered ECV's from one of the offsite rentals as recommended in the book. This is not only saving us money but lots of problems trying to get them from the limited supply at Disney.
Even changed the resort we planned to stay at and took their suggestions regarding room placement and calling ahead.
Also helped us determine which rides we can enjoy.
Highly recommend this book for anyone with physical issues that's planning a trip to Disney World.
on February 7, 2010
If you really need some help,this book will be fine. My daughter used this book to guide her when she should be careful for her 1 year old son. It was good for me since I've gotten a stroke 4 years ago. The stroke was pretty severe and since the second year after, I've actually tried to visit my children in other states. This year I decided to meet them in Orlando with my right side still non-functional. It was a success! I would like to nominate Walt Disney World® with Disabilitiesfor an A+!
on March 9, 2010
This book is really great. It helps relieve the anxiety of traveling to wdw with disabilities. The book does an excellent job of covering most disabilities. Not all disabilities are such that the person needs a wheelchair. There are many disabilities other that mobility issues. The one area that could of been covered in more detail would be the issue of size as far as being a large person. But, all in all this book really gives a good understanding of each attraction in all the parks, parades/fireworks, shopping and dining.
on August 4, 2013
Gave the information needed to obtain motorized transportation in the park and also places where these vehicles could be obtained. Good read about the different Kingdoms and what is going on. Know I want to go to the Prime Time cafe at Hollywood studios as I was raised in the 50's. Generally very helpful and informative.
on January 29, 2015
Don't waste your money. This book is dated and nothing you cannot find out in 5 minutes for free at the parks.
on April 27, 2013
The book was very helpful. It gave description of rides and how rough they are. The only thing was not all the new or current rides were in the book.