Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Walt Disney's Classic Storybook (Disney Storybook Collections) Hardcover – September 2, 2001
The Amazon Book Review
Discover what to read next through the Amazon Book Review. Learn more.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
Its stories come from nine Disney movies and nine Disney cartoons. The movie narratives are:
* "Sleeping Beauty"
* "Lady" (from "Lady and the Tramp"
* "Mary Poppins"
* "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs"
* "The Mad Hatter's Tea Party" (from "Alice in Wonderland")
* "Dumbo of the Circus" (the story of "Dumbo")
* "101 Dalmatians"
* "Peter Pan"
The cartoon tales are:
* "Pedro" (one of the animated shorts in the 1942 film "Saludos Amigos")
* "Once Upon A Wintertime" (a short from 1948's "Melody Time")
* "Three Little Pigs" (a 1933 Silly Symphonies cartoon)
* "The Grasshopper and the Ants" (a 1934 Silly Symphony)
* "Johnny Appleseed" (a "Melody Time" animated featurette)
* "The Tortoise and the Hare" (a 1935 Silly Symphony)
* "Scamp" (the story of Lady and the Tramp's son, the basis of 2001's "Scamp's Adventure")
* "Bootle Beetle's Adventure" (from "Bootle Beetle," a 1947 Donald Duck cartoon)
* "The Old Mill" (a 1937 Silly Symphony)
Each story is 10 to 20 pages, with less words (and larger type) than its original Little Golden Book, but at least one illustration per page. The style of art varies. "The Grasshopper and the Ants" uses muted watercolors. "Three Little Pigs" has some sepia-toned pencil sketches. "Alice in Wonderland" and "Once Upon a Wintertime" feature artist Mary Blair's vibrant use of white. And "Mary Poppins" literally pops off the page, with a vivid rainbow of colors straight from the 1960s.
If you buy this book, you'll keep it forever.
The vintage pictures are really lovely, remind me of an old fairy tale book.
It is definetely one of my daughter's (3 & 1/2 years old) favorite.
Good deal for the money!