DisplayPort to HDMI, Benfei Gold-Plated DP Display Port to HDMI Adapter (Male to Female) Compatible for Lenovo Dell HP and Other Brand
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25.00 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99 . (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$2.00 (18%)|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- COMPACT DESIGN - The compact-designed portable Benfei DisplayPort to HDMI adapter connects a computer, desktop, laptop, or other devices with DisplayPort port to a monitor, projector, HDTV, or other devices with HDMI port; Tuck this lightweight gadget into your bag or pocket to do a business presentation with your laptop and projector, or extend your desktop screen to a monitor or TV; A HDMI cable is required.
- SUPERIOR STABILITY - Built-in advanced IC chip converts DisplayPort signal to HDMI signal; It is NOT a bi-directional converter and cannot transmit signals from HDMI to DisplayPort
- INCREDIBLE PERFORMANCE - The DisplayPort male to HDMI female converter supports resolutions up to 1920x1080@60Hz (1080p Full HD) including 720p, 1600x1200, 1280x1024 for high definition monitors or projectors, supports flawless audio pass-thru for uncompressed digital 7.1, 5.1 or 2 channels; Gold plated DisplayPort connector resists corrosion and abrasion and improve the signal transmission performance; Molded strain relief increases cable durability
- LATCHES DESIGN: DisplayPort connector with latches provides a secure connection, the latches will improve the connection stability in usage. When plug out, please press the realse button, and easy to pull out.
- 18 MONTH WARRANTY - Exclusive Benfei Unconditional 18-month Warranty ensures long-time protection of your purchase; Friendly and easy-to-reach customer service to solve your problems timely
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
BENFEI DISPLAYPORT to HDMI Male to Female Adapter
The Benfei DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter - Black is designed for connecting DisplayPort equipped computer systems to HDMI equipped monitors, providing optimal video quality up to 1080p HDTV or 1920 x 1200 PC graphics. It is a cost-effective solution to allow your DisplayPort computer to work with the HDMI display for business, home entertainment, conference rooms, and more.
- Input(from video source): DisplayPort Male
- Output(to monitor): HDMI Female
- Audio Support: Yes
- Installation: Plug and Play
- Mirror Mode: Makes your holiday photos and favorite films so much more interesting and enjoyable on the big screen!
- Extended Mode: Works like a charm for multitasking.
- Video and Audio: Supports video resolutions up to 1920 x 1200 and 1080p (Full HD) and flawless audio pass-thru for uncompressed digital 7.1, 5.1 or 2 channels
- Desktops and laptops with an available DisplayPort output, the monitor with HDMI input.
- It's not for the montior with DisplayPort input, it's an uni-directional adapter. If your video source is HDMI and monitor is with DisplayPort input. Another solution, HDMI to DisplayPort with external power input is required. Please see the table in the following.
- Few docking station doesn't support DP++ Mode. if so, Another solution, Active DP to HDMI is required. Please see the table in the following.
Tuck this lightweight gadget into your bag or pocket to do a business presentation with your laptop and projector, or extend your desktop screen to a monitor or TV;
- Gold-plated connectors resist corrosion, provide rigidity, and improve the signal performance
- Adopt Advanced PCBA solution to gurrante the solution durability
- Reinforced joint to ensure the durability
Compare with similar items
DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter 5 Pack, Benfei DP Display Port to HDMI Converter Male to Female Gold-Plated Cord Compatible for Lenovo Dell HP and Other Brand
Maeline DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter, DP Display Port to HDMI Converter Male to Female Gold-Plated Cord Compatible for Lenovo Dell HP and Other Brand (2 Pack, White)
DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter, PeoTRIOL 4K Gold-Plated DP Male to HDMI Female Converter Adapter w/ 1.8feet HDMI Cable for Lenovo Dell HP Desktop with DisplayPort Output to HDTV, Monitor, Projector Input
|Shipping||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime|
This cable is for DisplayPort to HDMI and does not work in reverse. This cable cannot drive an HDMI display.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Now the question was which one from the dozens of different models listed here?
I already owned a very high quality HDMI cable and didn’t want to replace it so I opted for an adapter like shown here. To me they all look the same so I did the natural thing of choosing the one with the most number of user posts. It seems most are in agreement that this is the one to get.
A plus is that I got it two days later. Sometimes I’ve waited a months for little adapters like this. It is very well made, rugged and solid. That’s a plus. And if course it works exactly as expected.
The description didn’t show a close enough picture of the connector ends of the ends of the adapter to help me so I will, hope it helps you.
The adapter seems to be made well. It was in a plastic bag rather than a box, but it did have a protective cap on the male DisplayPort end, and a plastic wrap on the housing of the HDMI end. It plugged in solidly, and I tested the release with no issues. I wonder if some of the people who had issues with it breaking off when trying to remove didn't realize that DP has an active retention mechanism that has to be depressed to remove. Seamlessly transferred both video to my TV and audio to my surround sound, as expected (or at least hoped).
I always like to put my personal experience in my reviews too because I search questions and reviews for information, so I feel like this can help others:
Active versus passive adapters:
I'm using a Lenovo M83 Tiny PC as my home theater PC, which has a DisplayPort++ output. As others have stated, this is a passive adapter and MAY not work with your output unless it is labeled DP++. The DP++ stands for "DisplayPort Dual-Mode", and simply means that the port automatically recognizes if an HDMI or DVI adapter is attached, and sends the appropriate signals rather than the DP signals. Now it is important to realize that most modern DP ports are dual mode, whether the DP++ logo is present or not. As such, you should do the research before hand to find out if your device has a dual mode port, or risk finding out the hard way.
Audio through adapter:
My primary concern with this adapter was whether or not it would carry audio from the DP to the HDMI cable going into my surround sound receiver. To clarify, my setup is, PC Display Port > this adapter > HDMI cable > Receiver > HDMI cable > TV. When I initially booted the computer (first boot after installing Windows 10 Pro), Windows immediately displayed video on my TV, however no sound was playing on the surround sound speakers (I was clicking the Windows volume slider and listening for the "ding"). Through Control Panel (not the garbage Windows 10 Settings app, what was wrong with the Control Panel, Microsoft?!), I went into the Sounds options. Under playback devices, there was only one item listed, "Speakers". However, almost immediately while I was in the sound options, another device showed up with the name being the model number of my receiver. Windows automatically set it as the default device. I went ahead and disabled the other "Speakers" device just to be safe. After rebooting, all settings remained and sound continued to work properly.
If you are using a surround sound receiver, you should also click on the playback device and select Configure. In here, I was able to specify that I have 5.1 surround, but there were also other options such as stereo and 7.1, so make sure you pick the right one. If you are running this directly into a TV, stereo is the default setting, which is what you want. It does send a test sound to each speaker individually, so I was able to verify that the 5.1 signal was actually making it through the adapter. Now whether this is an uncompressed PCM signal or some sort of compressed audio stream is yet to be determined; but this may depend on the source media/application that is providing the audio.
BUYER BEWARE! - INELIGIBLE FOR RETURN!!!!
TERRIBLE ADAPTER! Does not support ultra wide resolutions and even strobes with terrible quality on normal resolution. Terrible produtct, terrible customer service. I would leave a ZERO if it were possible.
However, if you plan to use this for a VR headset, like an HTC Vive (like I did), it will not work. I probably should have researched more about this, but the VR headset does not work at all through this converter. You need to connect VR headsets to the HDMI port directly. Perhaps others have had luck. I tried several video cards (above) and the VR headset does not work through this converter.
Still though, it does standard display applications just fine.
Top reviews from other countries
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on December 8, 2017
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on July 2, 2019
Looks like it will last and increases the range of connections I can make (combined with an Amazon Basics HDMI cable)