Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno
Customer Discussions > Cloud Atlas: A Novel forum

Dissapointing that the publisher is charging 33% MORE for the kindle version.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 15, 2012, 11:23:57 AM PDT
This seems wasteful and backwards. I only purchase digital books and I don't like being taken for a ride.

Posted on Sep 18, 2012, 8:45:29 AM PDT
B. Bentham says:
Pure greed at work There is absolutely NO reason for the paperback to be less expensive than the e-book! I will not pay any more than $9.99 for ANY e-book, no matter how badly I want to read it. There's still libraries.

Posted on Oct 1, 2012, 7:52:02 AM PDT
Bloodhound says:
I agree. I already own the paperback from pre-Kindle days but it's rather heavy to carry around. I thought I would buy the Kindle version as well - until I saw the price!

Posted on Oct 27, 2012, 7:48:23 AM PDT
Sherry Long says:
Agreed as well. I said the same thing to my husband. We saw the movie last night and I thought I would get the book to see if t cleared up some questions I had? I will wait for a coupon or sale price.

Posted on May 21, 2013, 9:53:25 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 21, 2013, 9:56:07 AM PDT
Stacy Kirk says:
The whole point of jumping on the ebook bandwagon was to get books for less. That's what they advertised. Now, it seems the teeth and claws are coming out...sigh. If Amazon was smart, they would price their ebooks at $5 and sell the HELL out of them. I'd buy 3 or 4 right now. But priced as they are, they just go into my wish list and sit there. Wise up Amazon.

Posted on Jul 18, 2013, 9:05:48 AM PDT
Stacy, Amazon lost the ability to set the price on ebooks when Apple colluded with the publishers to fix the prices. They'd love to cut the prices, but they can't.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Sep 15, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 18, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about
Cloud Atlas
Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell (Hardcover - March 1, 2004)
4.0 out of 5 stars (2,283)