Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 5,445 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5,982 reviews
on March 27, 2017
This is the only Divergent series film really worth watching more than once. The other films in the series you will watch just to see what happends. But the original Divergent has some real meat to it.
on August 31, 2014
First and foremost my hat goes off to the author(Veronica ) job well done! Well casted what I liked about the movie was the way it build. There was a great story there and you experience the growth as it went along. Far from a Hunger Games, but holds it on for what it was intended to be. The actors lived it and I had several remember able lines that was stand stood out for me, if I can use that word. "What make you think you can talk to me." Well delivered by the actor. " You not going to shoot me. Why do people keep saying that?" Plus the bonus features was a great added attraction. So, from the side bar "Divergent" was remember able with a steady climb to the peak ending.
on July 13, 2017
I didn't know what to expect, but I like this movie a lot. Very similar to Hunger Games, but way better as its characters are much deeper in their emotional displays and the groups are divided with a much more complex design than Hunger Games' haves and have-nots. It's got those into justice, vs intelligence, vs bravery, vs givers, etc.
on August 11, 2014
I did read all 3, now 4 books in the Divergent series, I loved them! but the third on I threw at a wall. for those who haven't read it I would tell you what happens. but , for once, I loved the movie more then the book! I felt, that some of the book was needed more in the movie, but I was very happy with. more so , cause it had seemed like they won't going to get into what happens in book 3.. but.. they signed on to do the next took book :(. oh well. i'll cry again then. but good over all movie! came in great time, even preordered and forgot about it I order it so early!
on April 6, 2015
This is one of those disks that forces viewers to watch a bunch of previews at the beginning which I suppose they all do nowadays. But I don't have to like it, and that's why I mention it. I mostly buy only digital content for this reason nowadays. I liked the movie. I had read the books, and I thought the movie did a pretty good job creating that world visually. The quality of the disk seems okay. I like that I can redeem the digital copy on iTunes and have it with me on my iPad while traveling (if I want). For the price, it could have had more and better extras, but I enjoyed all the behind-the-scenes and making-of video. I also enjoyed seeing and hearing Veronica Roth. I hadn't seen her before or known anything about her, so it was interesting to hear the things she had to say.
on October 1, 2014
There's really no place where this movie excelled. I found the plot a little soft and obscure. There is a key concept to the movie, and how their society is arranged (I will not spoil). It gets brought up, seemingly every 10 minutes throughout the movie. I got it during the intro, thank you. Scenery and special effects are honestly a little below par for a movie these days. Acting was predictable, and probably disappointing to this well-appointed cast. I am given to understand this is the first of a trilogy. I hope they learn some lessons.
on September 10, 2015
I have to say this movie is a really good from start to finish. It starts off kind of slow but starts to pick up shortly after. It throws you for a loop a quiet a few times. At on point the movie jumps to nothing but excitement. This movie is action packed with a quite a few twisters. This movie is a really good at keeping my attention unlike most movies. This movie is a high pace movie.
on August 12, 2014
I never read the books so I really didn't know what to expect of the movie. I usually don't like compare them anyway, as you can never make a movie from a book and be, "verbatim." The acting overall was good, not excellent, but good. The 'adults' -if you will- roles did seem to be a bit hesitant and shallow. It's hard to explain - I just didn't see a lot of depth of character in the parental-type figures.

As far as the ebb and flow of the film, there seemed to be more ambling than any kind of real momentum. It wasn't just the absence of true 'action' scenes like you'd think there would be, but just a lack of real momentum in the story. I was never really sure what kept the storyline moving forward. Without discussing in detail each scene or character, I'll just say there was a whole lot of answered 'whys" to character actions, societal and cultural portrayals, and, for me, a huge 'why' about the reasons for one faction to suddenly become so militant and 'evil.' I know the movie gave reasons, they just didn't make sense and certainly didn't have enough back-story to explain the explanation.

In conclusion, I was glad I only rented the movie. I realized this when I clicked on the movie to see how much was left to watch and despaired that I still had over an hour to go before it ended. Here's to hoping any sequel has more movement and reasoning to it.
on November 25, 2015
Unlike Hunger Games which started to deviate from the book or outright leave out plot lines, this followed pretty closely. Loved the first book and only picked it up because my wife and I met in Chicago. Granted, each successive movie was less engaging and now they are just outright boring (hell the third book took nearly 2/3 of the book to get to any plot line that didn't revolve around "ooo, I love him/her, and ooo I'm pining for them"). This, at least, was a pretty good video. Never mind I feel I can't look at Shalene Woodley straight in the eyes with that lazy eye thing going on, but Four is pretty much how I imagined him as were most of the other characters. Solid acting (except for hers) and believable emotions. Can't complain with a free download because of some Verizon promo.
Four INTRODUCTORY Stars. "Divergent", based on the novel by Veronica Roth, is a post-apocalyptic movie along the lines of "Hunger Games" but very confined in location, themes, and conflict. After a terrible world war, only some in the world survived. Hundreds of years later, survivors are living and thriving inside Chicago, surrounded by a wall, and split into 5 functional, allegedly harmonious factions, except for the factionless. But there is an internal power struggle and there are secret 'divergents' who don't fit any faction and could be a threat. Beatrice "Tris" Prior emerges as a focal point and leader. Early on, it seems more time than necessary is spent on "Dauntless" and their rituals and less on other factions, but it helps the overall conspiracy and storyline since we are following Tris' development. Directed by Neil Burger. Starring Shailene Woodley, Theo James, Ashley Judd, Jai Courtney, Ray Stevenson, Zoë Kravitz, Miles Teller, Tony Goldwyn, Ansel Elgort, Maggie Q, Mekhi Phifer, and Kate Winslet. Well acted, well plotted in a unique universe and Very Definitely Recommended. Four DAUNTLESS stars (Summit Entertainment and Red Wagon Entertainment. PG-13. HD Color. CC. X-Ray. 2:19:40. Note: This movie ends on a minor cliff-hanger leading to the next installment, "Insurgent", which I was intrigued enough to buy. Two more movies are planned after that.)