- Series: Studies in American Political Institutions and Public Policy
- Hardcover: 252 pages
- Publisher: Rowman & Littlefield Publishers (August 1996)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0847682951
- ISBN-13: 978-0847682959
- Product Dimensions: 6.4 x 0.8 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#16,164,564 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #9392 in Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Elections & Political Process > Political Parties
- #16095 in Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science > Political Ideologies
- #74285 in Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Ideologies & Doctrines
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
"Rebound" by Kwame Alexander
Don't miss best-selling author Kwame Alexander's "Rebound," a new companion novel to his Newbery Award-winner, "The Crossover,"" illustrated with striking graphic novel panels. Pre-order today
Peter Galderisi has assembled a great team of veteran stars and talented rookies to confront one of the most vexing aspects of contemporary politics: divided government. They make lots of hits, score many runs, and make few errors. (Green, John C.)
Divided government has been a common characteristic of American politics for more than forty years . . . ten distinguished political scientists and historians present informative and insightful essays that brilliantly illuminate the subject. (Reichley, A James)
The discussion this book would elicit in any upper-division undergraduate course and graduate survey course, would clearly identify the causes and consequences of the American policy-making environment. The empirical evidence supporting these chapters is well referenced, with several chapters including clear charts and graphs. In addition, the bibliography provides a good starting point for students wanting to undertake a literature search of some of the most important scholars and practitioners in American government. (Pigeon, Jeanette)
. . . a wonderful collection of essays by leading scholars who assess and advance the state of our knowledge on this important phenemonon . . . This book is a gem. (Stone, Walter J.)
About the Author
Peter F. Galderisi, Roberta Q. Herzberg, and Peter McNamara are professors of political science at Utah State University, Logan.
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|