- File Size: 649 KB
- Print Length: 146 pages
- Publisher: Knopf Group E-Books (March 6, 2008)
- Publication Date: March 6, 2008
- Sold by: Random House LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0015IPEUM
- Text-to-Speech: Not enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #31,601 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$15.00|
Save $7.01 (47%)
Random House LLC
Price set by seller.
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
I have passed it on to other readers; it's not one I anticipate re-reading, but it was a great context for neurobiology and a thoughtful read.
It is a well written, poignant tale by Jean-Dominique Bauby that chronicles his days following a massive stroke when he was just 42 years old. He was left in a state called "locked-in syndrome," which paralyzed him from the neck down but left his brain neurologically intact. After a decision to stitch his right eye closed to ward off any infection, Bauby was left with only his left eyelid to blink in order to communicate with the world.
I have no idea how he mustered the resiliency to soldier on and write this book, but with the help of a speech therapist, he developed a way to communicate and share his story.
It is heartbreaking yet uplifting at the same time and a book I highly recommend everyone read and share.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Memoirs
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Professionals & Academics > Journalists
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diseases & Physical Ailments > Strokes
- Books > Self-Help > Death & Grief
- Books > Self-Help > Relationships > Love & Loss
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biographies & Memoirs > Memoirs
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biographies & Memoirs > Professionals & Academics > Journalists
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Death & Grief