From the Back Cover
Everything you need to take charge of your divorce and get what you deserve
Divorce is overwhelming enough without having to deal with the financial, personal, and legal paperwork. When you are organized, you feel more confident, and you are more likely to get what you want. The Divorce Organizer and Planner is your guide to managing your divorce and getting what you want--while keeping your legal expenses to a minimum. Written by a family attorney with years of experience helping people navigate the divorce process, this book empowers you with the knowledge and tools you need to take control of your divorce.
The Divorce Organizer and Planner arms you with dozens of worksheets, logs, checklists, and expert advice and explanations that will help you create a complete, accessible record of absolutely everything you'll need to confidently tackle the legal, emotional, and financial aspects of divorce.
You'll discover how to:
- Find and work with an attorney who's right for you
- Learn how to choose and work with a mediator
- Gather and organize important information on property, investments, accounts, debts, insurance, and household expenses
- Keep clear records of alimony, child support, and children's expenses
- Develop a personal property inventory, a budget, and a wish list for property division
- Decide what you want and what you need from the marital assets
- Successfully negotiate with your spouse and keep stress to a minimum
- Get the biggest bang for your legal buck
Providing everything you need to know to handle your divorce in a careful way, The Divorce Organizer and Planner will make a huge difference in the way you feel, the expenses you incur, and what you walk away with in the end.
Brette McWhorter Sember is a former matrimonial attorney and an experienced divorce and family mediator. A prolific self-help author specializing in making the law accessible to everyone, she has written fourteen books as well as numerous articles appearing in more than 140 publications, including Divorce magazine, and at MyCounsel.com and Lawyers.com.
About the Author
Brette McWhorter Sember (Buffalo, NY) is a former matrimonial attorney, an author, and a trained and experienced divorce and family mediator.